+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Fallout 3 in Fun Stuff; How many people here have wasted hours and hours on it? Last night I got in from work, played on ...
    Thank Post

Fallout 3

How many people here have wasted hours and hours on it?

Last night I got in from work, played on it and then realised it would be a good idea to go to bed. I played on it for only a few hours but it was how easily that I lost track of time on it that shocked me. All I was doing was going to GNR Radio, scouring for weapons and then Blasting the poop outta a super mutant behemoth. Oh yeah, then I started out on the quest to help Three Dog fix his satellite dish.

On the bright side, I now have some power armour that I kindly obtained from some dead Brotherhood Of Steel members.

Thank Post
    I have wasted a fair few hours on it. Just hoping someone buys me New Vegas for Xmas - can get it for £22 now.

Thank Post
    Having the same game engine as Oblivion, it's soo different. I find it easier in some ways and harder in others. I'm starting to get a feel for items I should sell and ones I shouldn't. Like in the part of the quest where I destroyed the super human behemoth, I picked up a fair few assault rifles, hunting rifles and other stuff and I know that I'll need pretty much all these weapons in future.

However, I have picked up the power armour which apparently I can get better armour later, when I actually get another couple of hours into the game and train with the Brotherhood. Is it worth just binning off the armour now, or stashing it somewhere?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    Having the same game engine as Oblivion, it's soo different. I find it easier in some ways and harder in others. I'm starting to get a feel for items I should sell and ones I shouldn't. Like in the part of the quest where I destroyed the super human behemoth, I picked up a fair few assault rifles, hunting rifles and other stuff and I know that I'll need pretty much all these weapons in future.

However, I have picked up the power armour which apparently I can get better armour later, when I actually get another couple of hours into the game and train with the Brotherhood. Is it worth just binning off the armour now, or stashing it somewhere?
    I'm a hoarder when I can afford to be. If I can make it home I try to store "things I might need later but not at the minute" in cupboards and such,

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    New Vegas is well worth it. I loved Fallout 3 and love NV as well.

Unfortunately I have sunk over 45 overs into New Vegas in a month. Ouch.

Thank Post
    I think I'll do the same. I just have no clue about buying a house in game and that. Any tips I should know of? I do have a guide (yes, cheating I know but I'm not that naturally talented at games like this) just not with me.

Thank Post
    I think I'll do the same. I just have no clue about buying a house in game and that. Any tips I should know of? I do have a guide (yes, cheating I know but I'm not that naturally talented at games like this) just not with me.
    If memory serves me correctly, you get a place at Megatron after you complete one of the quests (disarming the bomb possibly - can't remember). You also get your own robot butler who can serve you purified water.

Don't use the guide though seriously. I'm not talented at playing games at all, but the point of RPG's is to build your own story. Go where the quests take you, and you'll find your own path. This is the point of these games. If you don't want to disarm the bomb, then leave it. If you want to be nasty, blow it up instead. Create your own path and you will enjoy it so much more. Don't like a character, then shoot them.

Thank Post
    Oh, I'm not following it religously. I only use it when I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, like when I went and wasted what little money I had on 5mm bullets only to find out that I wouldn't be able to use them until I found a minigun. I think I might disarm the bomb then, seems worth it.

Thank Post
    Oh, I'm not following it religously. I only use it when I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, like when I went and wasted what little money I had on 5mm bullets only to find out that I wouldn't be able to use them until I found a minigun. I think I might disarm the bomb then, seems worth it.
    Yeah, have a real good scout around Megatron. You'll learn the basics there, and complete a few quests in the town and on the doorstep. I wouldn't waste your money on anything early in the game, as the little bits of ammo/guns/food that you need can be stolen or picked up in some other way. Have you even talked to the town sheriff? the doctor? the supply store lady? the tavern owner and his ghoul employee? what about the little lad that's always wandering around town?

Thank Post
    I spent a fair few hours on it, but got bored with all the travelling... It never really gripped me, I much prefer borderlands!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_ View Post
    I spent a fair few hours on it, but got bored with all the travelling... It never really gripped me, I much prefer borderlands!
    I played that at my brothers but I don't like the way it plays, or the cartoony graphics.

Thank Post
    I got Lucas killed, have done a few quests for the Survival Guide, went to sort out Silver for Colin Moriarty and Then I've done a few quests elsewhere like saving Big Town and getting Ian West home.

I'm rather liking Fallout 3 though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    I played that at my brothers but I don't like the way it plays, or the cartoony graphics.
    I see what you mean, and didn't like the graphics at first either, but it really grew on me - I like the added humour aswell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread