+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Call of Duty: Black Ops -- EduGeek Member Thoughts in Fun Stuff; Right, So what are everyone's thoughts on the new release then. I am just about to go on it myself, ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Call of Duty: Black Ops -- EduGeek Member Thoughts

Right, So what are everyone's thoughts on the new release then. I am just about to go on it myself, but just thought i would start a thread to maybe get a discussion going.

Oh and i'll leave you with this ;-)

Our father who art in heaven,Black Ops be thy name,thy kingdom come, multiplayer levels to be done,on earth as it is on prestige seven.Give us this day our daily degrades and forgive us our bad language as those who swear back at us,and deliver us from campers who squat in the same spot! For thine is the kingdom the power of an M4 forever and ever(or until the next CoD comes out)Amen

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,635 Posts
    By the time film sequels get to number 4, they're usually rubbish. (Think Jaws)

Hope the same doesn't apply to games

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Played round my friends house....I blitzed the single player in 4 hours on hardened, and got most of the achievements for him.

Zombies was good but it was 3ish when I played, and only got to level 16 before I died because I was too tired

Multiplayer - MP5K is too overpowered

Thank Post
    Played first couple of levels last night, initial thoughts are it looks good, and I can see the story coming together, I have a few reservations, but I'll see how it plays out. Not tried multiplayer or zombies yet.

However given the content it really worries me how many students here will be playing it. Heard lots already in year 7 & 8 saying "oh yeah, mum has pre-ordered that for me"... It's an 18 for a reason FFS, what are these parents on!

Thank Post
    well hopefully mine will rock up today and Ill give it a blast later - Ill jump straight into MP though I imagine...

Thank Post
    dont have the funds for it at the moment so sending my latest Lovefilm rental back and hope I get lucky.

Thank Post
    MY wife bought it for me yesterday as a surprise and what a great one it was! Brilliant game, couldn't get enough of it! There are extra game play features like the dive to prone, driving and different weapons. IMO so far it has blown my mine. Lets see how the game continues!

Thank Post
    I only play multiplayer btw.
    I like of the new innovative stuff, the upgrades to weapons are good. I am not sure if its a better game to MW2, though this may be because I am so used to MW2. I am not convinced on the maps either, the graphics are also a little ugly at times.

Time will tell.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    dont have the funds for it at the moment so sending my latest Lovefilm rental back and hope I get lucky.
    I just returned fable 3 after completing it and black ops arrived today, though i wanted fallout!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    I just returned fable 3 after completing it and black ops arrived today, though i wanted fallout!
    I would be happy with Fable 3 or Fallout NV. I had Force Unleashed 2 over the weekend which is very good but rather short so a good rental title.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sainsburys to the rescue, after some posh nosh my Bro and I booted it up.....not disappointed in the slightest.

Treyarch have nailed the feel perfectly, sounds are incredible...environs are much more immersive. Single player campaign is slick, nice to see JFK,Fidel and Co.
    Looking forward to getting into my groove (spent most of last night getting hacked to pieces trying to grasp the maps)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 812 Posts
    It has a Battlefield feel to it to me... I don't know what it is, it just doesn't feel like a CoD game (but then I feel the same every time Treyarch make one). That being said, it's a great game. Wager matches as a party are immense fun, highly recommend you all hit those up! Might not be as much of a laugh if you don't know anyone else in there though, most of the fun was the banter between me and my mates last night.

A lot of people have moaned about the new weapon upgrade system - personally I think it's the best change to a CoD game in ages! I'd much rather just buy the equipment I use than have to level up to get it!

Thank Post

Cool COD Black OPS Out of this world!!!

Played Black ops for a couple of hours last night and found the single player campaign mode very gripping. The story plot is very well writing with some in-depth thoughts about some conspiracies during the cold war. The on-line play is amazing and has some very big improvements compared to COD MW2. Have a look at the link below to understand the story plot behind the single player campaign on Black ops because I be came very confused at some points of the game last night.

en. wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I played it last night and enjoyed it. XBox so I was playing online with my brother in split screen. Zombies mode is great too.

I haven't seen it deliver anything utterly fresh and groundbreaking though.

Thank Post
    I have Black Opps on Xbox to, not sure if its as good as MWF2 tho. When my man is running he makes a funny galloping sound, doesnt sound like running at all. Anyone else had this.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast