+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, So.... Kinect in Fun Stuff; LOL he finished 3rd out of 8 and didn't do anything!...
    Thank Post
    LOL he finished 3rd out of 8 and didn't do anything!

Thank Post
    We got ours the otherday, simply brilliant, soo much fun and its damn impressive, weve not noticed any lag what so ever so ive no idea what people are doing to get it? maybe e-honda 1000 hand slap?? Kinect Adventures is really good fun, starts off easy enough and at a good pace, the random photos it takes of you are hilarious! you are soon sweating your ass off though as the difficulty rises so does the room temp!! we didnt have to move any furninture at all but sometimes had a bit of bother for width of the room but thats mainly due to us having our stirs in with us... but a little realignment of the camera and we were soon flapping away happily again. On the disc are three demos, dance central, joy ride and fitness your way, all three are are very impressive, yes even joyride, sure its got a slight auto steer but this is a game for all ages and little johnny may need that bit of help, i never noticed it, it didnt steer me away from crashing into everything or take any fun away. Dance central is gonna be such a laugh if thats your type of thing, the demo has two songs you can play and its works seamlessly, bad dancers beware! every move you make counts! it works flawlessly no lag or anything, perfect! and lastly fitness yourway, starts off with a quick calibration, it works out your height and by the looks of it your build/shape, your only get to try one mini game in the demo which is the wall buster where you have to punch bricks, good little work out and defentinatley shows off the "games" potential.

So far we have not seen any of this so called lag, it works perfectly and the quality of the video on it is brilliant, we had our 1st kinect video call to my gf's best mate who now lives in the states and again works great, slight delay on the voice now and again but given she was a few thousand miles away it didnt bother us at all.

All in all very impressed, would definately reccomend to those who like the party games like the Wii, it takes it to the next step and more! so much fun

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Microsoft have said they wont rule out games which also use the controler and games which use new controlers such as a nunchuck style device you can easily hold to move around and the other movements with your body.

Infact steel battalion is already confirmed for later this year release using a series of their controller systems (as all steel battalion games have) and the kinect letting people look around and use controllers like they would in a real cockpit.

I also have a kinect (brought it for £120 in amazon sales, same deal around £160 in game and gamestation now) and ive brought a number of games including kinect sports (so much better then the wii, try out vollyball which you do actually spike the ball by jumping and hitting down and running around the court rather then standing still waving your arm.

Your shape (fitness game) is pretty good too, burned around 3,000 cals on it in the last week doing personal trainer workouts and cardio boxing (they will have you sweating!)

Oh and yesterday I purchased dance central made by the makers of rock band so they know how to make a rythem based game, its very very accurate and required you to get the moves perfect, im less then 6foot away from the screen and its pretty much fine and take 1-2foot back for easily enough at 2players on kinect sports. I highly recommend them to anyone considering them!

Oh and the drivers+key mapping software is fun, had a blast of minecraft using it having to swing my arm to use the pickaxe, they will soon be releasing the mouse binding to movements too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Urgh... Kinect.

I heard bad things pre-release and the price it way too much for what it is.

But it seems to have a couple of cool games. Like Kinect Star wars.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    got one for my 30th birthday from wifes family. have tried the sports, fighters uncaged (quite fun though i have a broken toe so cant play it as much as id like!) can definitely see the potential in the future, although with 9ft gap between tv and couch and an empty living room it still struggles to see a lot, so going to have to get the tv mount to sit it above the tv instead

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    How does 'looking around' work in games then? If I try looking around while I'm on my Xbox, I can't see the TV any more...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    fighters uncaged (quite fun though i have a broken toe so cant play it as much as id like!)
    That's the first time I've seen a broken toe being blamed for someone inability to play a game.

I am disappoint. I didn't know you needed to be in peak physical condition to play games now.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    That's the first time I've seen a broken toe being blamed for someone inability to play a game.

I am disappoint. I didn't know you needed to be in peak physical condition to play games now.
    shut up! i looked like daniel larusso from karate kid, me standing there, one foot hovering off the ground ready for the crane kick.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    shut up! i looked like daniel larusso from karate kid, me standing there, one foot hovering off the ground ready for the crane kick.
    +10 internets to you.

Thank Post
    Trouble is some games actually recognise this and move the same way, so yes definitely a disadvantage!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Trouble is some games actually recognise this and move the same way, so yes definitely a disadvantage!
    nothing like playing table tennis with the characters leg hovering in the air

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Aparntly one of the recent updates changed the main focus point of your body to the head rather then your hips so it would work better when sitting down, most of the tracking is down to developers and no fault of the hardware.

Some games like the fighters uncaged arn't great at mapping your body and reconising its moves, others such as mainly the fitness games track several times more points on your body then others and are much more accurate. The biggest loser game actualy has floor exercises such as sit ups, push upts and even a sitting down facing the tv meditation post.

For those having issues with room mount the kinect on top of your tv and youll knock a food or so off if its mounted at a decent height as the cam will pretty much get you in the top of its lense and see the floor at a much shorter distance, if your really stuck for space mount it up and behind the tv on the wall so it can see over the tv just right, use the kinect tuner screen when moving it to see where is perfect and use the card to calibrate the cam for better accuracy (you only need do this once and there are offical wall brackets) or make your own, im using blue-tack on top of my tv for mine and its stayed put for the past 4weeks fine.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I really wish I had brought one of these while they were on special, even if it got borinf on the Xbox there are some epic cool hacks that use it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    I really wish I had brought one of these while they were on special, even if it got borinf on the Xbox there are some epic cool hacks that use it.
    Care to list them? I know XBMC has one....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Care to list them? I know XBMC has one....
    list the hacks? if you google kinect hacks you see some videos. you can also go to the kinect hacks site which has guides on getting the kinect working on a pc using the openkinect drivers. im guessing you still need a fair amount of programming knowledge to be able to use the kinect in a way that would work. i dunno, i haven't tried yet

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information