+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, XBOX 360 Game Tournaments in School in Fun Stuff; Hi guys. Working in a primary school, and since it's coming towards the end of term, thought I would start ...

Thank Post

XBOX 360 Game Tournaments in School

Hi guys.

Working in a primary school, and since it's coming towards the end of term, thought I would start up a few tournaments for the kids for a bit of enjoyment at the end of term...

Anyway, wondered if anyone had some information about doing this. Is there some sort of disclaimer letter you would recommend to send out to the parents? If so, any templates?! Wouldn't have thought would be necessary, but wondered if anyone had run some before, so would have more of an insight as to how they would run it again etc?!

Also, wondering if anyone has any ideas on games / tournaments we could run?! Got the usual football matches (will prolly try a world cup knockout type since it's coming to a close). There are racing games which can run in a similar style. Have Beijing game which I can do with the different events to do a kind of Olympics with the kids... But that's about all I can think of off top of head. Most of my games are the over 15/18 variety, which obviously I cannot let the children play in school. So, any under games (or PG if I send out a disclaimer to parents) that you have ideas on? Thinking of platform type games where they have to do certain events in a certain time to get it done, fastest being the winner. then, there are variations on racing games, with fastest lap being the winner, etc.

Anyway, looking forward to all answers.

By the way, I know there are only a few weeks left of this term, so don't expect to get them all being used this term, but thinking of running it through in to next year if it's successful...

Thanks again

Thank Post
    I am running a FIFA 2010 South Africa World Cup tournament on PS3 at the moment, we get 35 minutes for lunch so I run 2 games (only playing the first 4 minute half) then the winner of each of these plays a final 4 minute half. This happens Monday-Thursday and on Friday we are going to have a grand final where the winners of the previous days play out the same format, 2 games then a Grand final.

Thank Post
    Cheers nikaso.

Was too late with the world cup one I think, but might be able to fit it in if I do one just next week...

Still looking for some other game ideas...

Thank Post
    No problem, we didn't necessarily do a world cup theme just ran it as a tournament, I was faced with a similar problem choosing games that were age suitable, would love to get a Modern Warfare 2 tournament going because all the kids blatantly play it at home but of course we can't be seen to be endorsing it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread