+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Anyone else looking forward to new Star Wars MMO - The Old Republic? in Fun Stuff; Star Wars: The Old Republic here for anyone that hasn't seen it. Check out the Decieved and Hope cinematic trailers ...
    Thank Post

Anyone else looking forward to new Star Wars MMO - The Old Republic?

Star Wars: The Old Republic here for anyone that hasn't seen it.

Check out the Decieved and Hope cinematic trailers and if it doesn't get you excited then you are dead. (IMHO )

I used to play Star Wars Galaxies pre combat upgrade, returned to it once since and couldn't believe they had cut the number of professions from something like 30 or 40 down to 8, and the servers were now filled with Jedi because you could choose it as a starting occupation whereas pre-CU it was a huge amount of work to become one, left very quickly.

Played WoW up until last year and then stopped because had some serious personal stuff going on and never really got back into it, I have always loved Star Wars though so definitely looking forward to it.

Thank Post
    Its pay to play isnt it? I dont believe in pay to play.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    Its pay to play isnt it? I dont believe in pay to play.
    Yes it is, I figure I pay for them to continuously develop content so I am happy to do it for the most part, just when they massacre a game like SWG. I've played a number of interesting free to play MMOs before but they usually end up with you having to pay something or be at a massive disadvantage.

Thank Post
    It won't be a patch on the playability that was the original Star Wars Galaxies.

Thank Post
    Is there any gameplay footage yet?

Always liked playing SWG so I can imagine I will like this as long as they dont completely mess up!

Thank Post
    I guess its ok if it was paying for online access (like xbox for example, that being said i think it could be a better service at times but that another thread) but to do that of each game is just expensive.. the annual cost for an mmo like WoW for example seem high to me.

I like Guildwars and cant wait for GW2.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    I guess its ok if it was paying for online access (like xbox for example, that being said i think it could be a better service at times but that another thread) but to do that of each game is just expensive.. the annual cost for an mmo like WoW for example seem high to me.

I like Guildwars and cant wait for GW2.
    I know what you mean, I suppose you have to pick and choose which ones you go for, I once was playing EVE, WoW and SWG at the same time and it was stupidly expensive. I've never tried GW, is it similar to anything else on the market? I mainly do PvE stuff and solo play so does it cater for that?

Quote Originally Posted by siuko View Post
    Is there any gameplay footage yet?

Always liked playing SWG so I can imagine I will like this as long as they dont completely mess up!
    Gameplay footage here and here for some examples

Thank Post
    Gameplay footage doesnt look bad...

Damn another MMO to suck my life away....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    guildwars is like WoW only without the massive levelling (only goes upto level 20, but you are more than powerful enough if you are the right profession with right armour/weapon/skillset combo), also it has less races - human is the only playable, and its not pay to play, you pay once and job done.

Plus the expansion packs are actually all single games in there own right, as well as great areas of exploration

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nikaso View Post
    I know what you mean, I suppose you have to pick and choose which ones you go for, I once was playing EVE, WoW and SWG at the same time and it was stupidly expensive. I've never tried GW, is it similar to anything else on the market? I mainly do PvE stuff and solo play so does it cater for that?
    Well unlike most MMOs its instance based i.e. you can meet up ppl in cities but when you are playing its an instance and only those in the party will be playing with you. As you prefer PvE and solo play this could suit. I think they do free trial now and if you like it you just buy the game and you can play online for free (no monthly/annual cost).

Must admit I havent played it in a while but thats more to do with me playing it to death and when my computer broke for a bit i couldnt play. I was kinda adictive (as most MMOs are) so i took it as an opportunity to come up for air and see whats going on in the real world

EDIT: Oh my avatar is from guildwars.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There is nothing wrong with a subscription provided they don't overcharge the initial cost of purchase, develop new content as part of that sub on a regular basis and don't force you into purchasing DLC content to remain competitive.

As an example, if a game made you pay £60 up-front, £10 a month and force you to shell out £5 for new content every 6 months that is essential to continuing to play then that'd be downright unacceptable.

Thank Post
    Guess im just cheap..

Thank Post
    I'm happy to pay subscriptions per month.... its still less than I spend on cookies and cakes in a month

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread