+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox 360 Slim in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by localzuk They don't stream the movies then, like BTVision? Kinda defeats the point of on demand movies! ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    They don't stream the movies then, like BTVision? Kinda defeats the point of on demand movies!
    They do technically, but can you imagine the buffering on an hour and a half movie that took 6 hours to download?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    They do technically, but can you imagine the buffering on an hour and a half movie that took 6 hours to download?
    That sucks. I'll stick to BTVision then!

Thank Post
    if you already have a fully working original 360? Hmmm

made me giggle

Thank Post
    I have a 360 thats still in its 12 month warrenty, im going to get me one o these new ones, for the following reasons

Built in wifi as i dont have a wifi adaptor and am currently running a long ass cable
    Whisper quiet drive is very appealing, i dont often play movies on mine but durin quiet cutscenes can be a bit intrusive
    250gb hard drive.. im still on my origional 20gb and im running out of space from the amount of dlc's i have, other day i had less than 400mb left..
    More peace of mind with regards to the rrod, although i went through a stage of offering a repair service, no one like to work on their own kit..
    and... its shiney! it will match my tv, ps3 and freesat, just need to get skyhd next so they all match!

Thank Post

Thank Post
    I'm contemplating selling my Xbox 360 elite simply because I never play it any more, it hasn't even been turned on since I finished Tales of Vesperia! I moved house and left it at my parents along with a load of other crud which I didn't really require -4+ months have passed and I've still not picked it up yet. It only ever gets played when a 360 exclusive comes along and to be honest, there aren't many of those around nowadays.

I very rarely play online so there isn't any point in me paying for Xbox Live Gold and I really need a console to have wireless nowadays considering that my BT Home Hub only has 4 ports, one of which is used by my BT Vision box, one by my PC, one by my Server and the other one by my PS3 (but only because it lives right next to the hub) so that's all 4 ports gone and I don't really want to keep switching them over.

My PS3 on the other hand gets a lot of use, there are a fair few PS3 exclusives which happened to sway me over eventually - I started off with an Xbox and only happened to buy a PS3 mostly out of chance. God of War, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, a fair few other JRPG's, PSNetwork games such as flower, fat princess - I'd never really bought anything off of any online stores until those. I dont bum the PS3 or anything like that, it's just over time I've found that my Xbox has gradually been dwindling down to zero use.

Thank Post
    PS3 online is decent enough, no its not as good as Live but its acceptable - very rarely get lag on COD and the like. The downloads (demos/patches) are abysmally slow though.

New xbox looks cool. I cant justify having 2 consoles though for the amount I play so I'll stick with the PS3 (plus most of my mates have one, thats what it all boils down to if you like playing online IMO). If I did buy an xbox it would be an older, fatter and now much cheaper model

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,834 Times in 2,093 Posts
    Now that Sony and Microsoft have slim versions of their consoles, it can't be that much long before the next generation of consoles are released. 2012/2013 perhaps?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Now that Sony and Microsoft have slim versions of their consoles, it can't be that much long before the next generation of consoles are released. 2012/2013 perhaps?

I was under the impression that both Sony and Microsoft had a ten year plan for their current next generation consoles. The Xbox360 is now half way through that plan so I dont think we will be seeing anything before E3 2011 at the earliest. It also makes no sense to reveal any new consoles early as it will kill off sales of the current model.

Thank Post
    its just a shame ms diddnt shove a blueray player in it

Thank Post
    They never will as they are going on the digital download/streaming route

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    They never will as they are going on the digital download/streaming route
    Plus they still have egg on their face for backing HD-DVD...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 2,318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Plus they still have egg on their face for backing HD-DVD...
    They didn't so much back HD-DVD as they backed anything that detracted from Sony's pet format, If they were really pushing it they would have integrated it into the console at their eairliest convenience. They did manage to stall blueray's win for a while and online distribution was able to progress that much further which MS is now backing more heavily. Blueray is still a comparitivly weak format in comparison to DVD so I don't think that their backing of it was a failure in a long term tactical business sense, just bad news for those that did take the plunge and buy into HD-DVD which is the risk you take when there is a standards war.

Thank Post
    Shame really, digital distribution will never work until ISP's remove their stupid "unlimited" caps and throttling!

Thank Post
    Just a point, 360s have a three year warranty from Microsoft because they kept on breaking so regularly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast