+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox 360 Slim in Fun Stuff; anyone know how different the hardware is, any performance improvements from the integrated CPU/GPU?...

Thank Post
    anyone know how different the hardware is, any performance improvements from the integrated CPU/GPU?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Since it's a fixed platform, performance would have to remain the same.

The main benefits for consumers are that it is cooler and quieter, due to the 45nm CPU/GPU, near silent DVD drive and larger fan. For Microsoft, they can probably make a profit on it now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    about time it was made public! Say No More!

I am getting one

Thank Post
    Certainly looks the part

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,878 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i shall be giving my xbox to my brother and getting one!

Thank Post
    Want.......now.

Thank Post
    Hmmm, could have sworn the PS3 had 'touch sensitive' buttons. Come to think of it, the PS3 is only 'whisper' loud as well. Ah, but the new Xbox has a smaller power supply. Oh wait a second, the PS3 has the power supply built into the system. Wifi? PS3 had that from day 1. Hard-drive? Okay, it kinda wins on that but I could put any 2.5" HDD in my PS3 should I feel the need. Oh, we've got a winner - the new Xbox has FIVE USB ports. That's one to charge each of the five phones every charva has. See, PS3 only has two and I've never found a need for more yet. One to charge my second controller and one to connect a USB pen to watch a video.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Hmmm, could have sworn the PS3 had 'touch sensitive' buttons. Come to think of it, the PS3 is only 'whisper' loud as well. Ah, but the new Xbox has a smaller power supply. Oh wait a second, the PS3 has the power supply built into the system. Wifi? PS3 had that from day 1. Hard-drive? Okay, it kinda wins on that but I could put any 2.5" HDD in my PS3 should I feel the need. Oh, we've got a winner - the new Xbox has FIVE USB ports. That's one to charge each of the five phones every charva has. See, PS3 only has two and I've never found a need for more yet. One to charge my second controller and one to connect a USB pen to watch a video.
    Fanboi much? You will have your Sony day today hehe

Thank Post
    as an obvious ps3 fan boy then whats your reaction to loosing out on future call of duty maps and other dlc? theyre now 360 exclusive i believe, and its yet another game franchise moving towards the 360 along with final fantasy, metal gear solid and GTA.

who cares about the size of the power brick? its just chucked behind your tv along with all the other wires, adaptors and extension leads.. its a moo point

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Yes, but PS3 games are rubbish I personally have a PS3 and Xbox, I use Xbox exclusively for games because Live frankly p's all over PS3 online, and I use PS3 exclusively for DVD & bluray, because frankly it's far superior in terms of having a bluray drive it's all a matter of opinion anyway.

Seeing as this new Xbox has a Kinetic drive, does that mean you have to have one to use Kinetic, or is there going to be some sort of USB adaptor available for older Xbox users?

Thank Post
    Kinetic is compatible with the current model xbox but it will need a seperate power supply, with the new 'slim' you dont. thats all i heard on it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Fanboi much? You will have your Sony day today hehe
    Not a fanboi as such. I used to own a 360, but then all my mates got a PS3 so it wasn't much fun playing my 360 online without my mates. I scrapped the 360 and got a PS3 (only cos it was really cheap). I love three things about it (and the BR player isn't one of them!).

1) It upscales my DVD's - sounds simples, but the quality difference is very noticible.
    2) I don't have to pay a fiver a month to be able to play online. I don't play much anyways (it's more a glorified DVD player in my house), but wouldn't play at all if it cost me extra each month.
    3) I don't have to muck on with rechargable batteries. When my controller runs flat I just plug it in and it charges.

Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    as an obvious ps3 fan boy then whats your reaction to loosing out on future call of duty maps and other dlc?
    Obvious PS3 fan boy - lol. My reaction as an obvious PS3 fan boy is, and I quote: "I couldn't give two ducks". I didn't pay for the last map pack, and I'm not about to pay for any future ones unless they contain naked images of fergie dotted around randomly.

As for everything going exclusive for the Xbox - that's great. Maybe one day they'll exclusively release a vuvuzela addon for FIFA to thank their users.

Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Yes, but PS3 games are rubbish I personally have a PS3 and Xbox, I use Xbox exclusively for games because Live frankly p's all over PS3 online
    Having owned both at some point, I would have to disagree with your 'PS3 games are rubbish'. But as you say, it's all a matter of opinion. Xbox Live is a better service than PS3's equivalent, but it hasn't affected my online gameplay. People complain about lag on the PS3 but this is something I haven't experienced. Would rather have a bit lag than an extra fiver a month out my wallet, but then again I'm not a 'serious' gamer.

One thing I will give points to for the 360 is the design of the controller. On long spells the PS3 controller starts to hurt my hands, whereas the bigger 360 controller seems to fit like a glove and makes it so much more comfortable.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    I love three things about it (and the BR player isn't one of them!).
    The PS3 is IMHO the best bluray player available, what don't you like?

1) It upscales my DVD's - sounds simples, but the quality difference is very noticible.
    Agreed, that's why I use it primarily as my media center

2) I don't have to pay a fiver a month to be able to play online. I don't play much anyways (it's more a glorified DVD player in my house), but wouldn't play at all if it cost me extra each month.
    5 a month? It was 30 for the year last time I subscribed, that's 2.50 a month, small price to pay for the best online gaming community out there today IMO

3) I don't have to muck on with rechargable batteries. When my controller runs flat I just plug it in and it charges.
    Never saw the rechargeable battery packs then?

One thing I will give points to for the 360 is the design of the controller. On long spells the PS3 controller starts to hurt my hands, whereas the bigger 360 controller seems to fit like a glove and makes it so much more comfortable.
    The problem with Sony is, they haven't really updated the Playstation. Ever. Each iteration they just bump up the graphics but never really do anything new, and they won't because the fan boi's would moan, they're scared of change. And it's not a case of, "it's not broken don't fix it", more a case of "they're still buying it, why bother?"

Of course, this is all just my opinion, I'm not trying to create flame bait
    Last edited by LosOjos; 15th June 2010 at 09:33 AM.

Thank Post
    The PS3 is IMHO the best bluray player available, what don't you like?
    I didn't say I didn't like it. It's just that it's not up there in my favourite features. The reason being that Blu-ray's are still too expensive for this tight-wad so I never use the blu-ray functionality.

5 a month? It was 30 for the year last time I subscribed
    I used to pay monthly, so maybe that's why it was a fiver a month for me.

Never saw the rechargeable battery packs then?
    Ah, so that'll be an optional extra then that I would have to pay for?

The problem with Sony is, they haven't really updated the Playstation. Ever. Each iteration they just bump up the graphics but never really do anything new, and they won't because the fan boi's would moan, they're scared of change. And it's not a case of, "it's not broken don't fix it", more a case of "they're still buying it, why bother?"
    Agreed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast