+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
Gaming Thread, You know when you have played a game too much when.... in Fun Stuff; When I drive down the road and think to myself.... that spot over there would make a great sniping spot! ...
  1. #1
    moobsuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yeovil
    Posts
    32
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    You know when you have played a game too much when....

    When I drive down the road and think to myself.... that spot over there would make a great sniping spot!

    lol Battlefield Bad Company 2 is very addictive!

  2. #2
    joe90bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    S Wales
    Posts
    1,355
    Thank Post
    329
    Thanked 107 Times in 96 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    Or when you strafe to avoid people when walking down the street!!

  3. #3
    SteveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    131
    Thank Post
    19
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    ... you like running down the street with a knife in your hand cos you know you can run faster like that!

    Good to see you on BRW server's last night Moobs (BfBC2) - I'm Server Admin - BradShort :P some good qual players, albeit a little quiet last night!

  4. #4


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    2,274
    Thank Post
    123
    Thanked 345 Times in 284 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    139
    Not a Battlefield player, but I know how you feel. I often have to take a break of several hours before driving if I've been playing Saint's Row 2.

  5. #5

    garethedmondson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Gowerton, Swansea
    Posts
    2,279
    Thank Post
    972
    Thanked 325 Times in 193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    165
    I remember when I had my original XBox playing Halo for a stupid amount of time before bed. Once I was in bed with my eyes closed all I could see was the crosshair from the screen.

    I think my eyes had screen burn LOL.

    I don't play that many games any more

    Gareth

  6. #6
    moobsuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yeovil
    Posts
    32
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    ... you like running down the street with a knife in your hand cos you know you can run faster like that!

    Good to see you on BRW server's last night Moobs (BfBC2) - I'm Server Admin - BradShort :P some good qual players, albeit a little quiet last night!
    Yup it was a bit quiet, but hey still had a blast! I have made it one of my fav servers and will probably play there im still kinda a noob but hey! lol

  7. #7
    SteveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    131
    Thank Post
    19
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    We blow hot and cold, some nights we can't get on our own server! Next time you are on, you are welcome to jump on our TS and have a natter, all mature guys no annoying kiddies.

  8. #8
    moobsuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yeovil
    Posts
    32
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    We blow hot and cold, some nights we can't get on our own server! Next time you are on, you are welcome to jump on our TS and have a natter, all mature guys no annoying kiddies.
    Nice! thanks whats your web ad? or your TS details ?

  9. #9
    TheLibrarian
    Guest
    Back in the day after some intense Tribes games I realised Real Life needed two things:

    A decent zoom feature on my eyes.

    The ability to send quick voice commands / alerts.


    Of course the heavy armour, jetpack, mortar etc. would have been fun too, but best of all the ability to respawn...

  10. #10
    Sarconia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    315
    Thank Post
    15
    Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    When you rush out of your house in the morning, down the steps and jump over the wall... as you've been playing too much Mirrors Edge the night before...

  11. #11


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the server room, with the lead pipe.
    Posts
    4,701
    Thank Post
    279
    Thanked 787 Times in 614 Posts
    Rep Power
    226
    When students gathered around doorways trigger the "arse, gatecamp" reflex and you look in vain for an astral body so you can warp in from another direction.

  12. #12

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    18,333
    Thank Post
    525
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    When students gathered around doorways trigger the "arse, gatecamp" reflex and you look in vain for an astral body so you can warp in from another direction.
    Ah, Eve, a beast of a game. Eve Online Capsuleers - EduGeek.net if that is the game you're thinkin of.

  13. #13
    theeldergeek
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moobsuk View Post
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 is very addictive!
    Is it a lot better than Battlefield 2? Apparently my laptop will accommodate the game, and as an avid BF2 player, I'm cautious about spending £30 on something which might be a different game to what I am playing, but not necessarily a better one.

    I like the big maps of BF2 (and playing sniper) which is what put me off of recent CoD games as the maps were just run and shoot. I prefer a more 'tactical' game where you have to have a little bit of think about your next move rather than just run hell for leather shooting at the enemy. When I say think, I mean 'decide' is it a gun, grenade or anti-tank that I need to be firing here! Was a bit disappointed to learn there is no prone though.

    On the verge of buying the game, but would like to hear more opinions.

  14. #14
    laputa01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    100
    Thank Post
    20
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    ...start throwing banana skins out of your car and then turning around to see the response.

  15. #15

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,421
    Thank Post
    1,682
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by theeldergeek View Post
    Is it a lot better than Battlefield 2? Apparently my laptop will accommodate the game, and as an avid BF2 player, I'm cautious about spending £30 on something which might be a different game to what I am playing, but not necessarily a better one.

    I like the big maps of BF2 (and playing sniper) which is what put me off of recent CoD games as the maps were just run and shoot. I prefer a more 'tactical' game where you have to have a little bit of think about your next move rather than just run hell for leather shooting at the enemy. When I say think, I mean 'decide' is it a gun, grenade or anti-tank that I need to be firing here! Was a bit disappointed to learn there is no prone though.

    On the verge of buying the game, but would like to hear more opinions.
    it is far superior to COD series and a massive step up from BF2. I bought this game and havent touched any other since!



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] A drop of water played a 2000 frames per second
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th November 2009, 01:12 PM
  2. Has anyone played/got with an HP2140
    By SimpleSi in forum Netbooks, PDA and Phones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd July 2009, 05:11 PM
  3. Laptop picture "breaking up" when video played.
    By elsiegee40 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27th June 2008, 03:05 AM
  4. No...not another game!
    By eduabncs in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 9th December 2007, 01:21 PM
  5. well played SWGFL
    By mrbios in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18th August 2007, 01:30 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •