+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Final Fantasy XIII in Fun Stuff; So TBS any tips I sould be aware of.. like for weapon upgrades etc? Finally mastered the combat system, kinda ...

Thank Post
    So TBS any tips I sould be aware of.. like for weapon upgrades etc?

Finally mastered the combat system, kinda like it. Getting repeatative now tho, run 100 yards and fight then repeat untill boss; Im only 10 hours in, hope its not another 20 hours of this?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Just got to Gran Pulse, start of chapter 11.... a guess is that is about about half way through. Although i'm not sure.

Hoping 'verses 13' and '14' are out this year.
    13 Chapters, 11,12,13 are very open and long to complete, plus there are side missions and the likes now. Should take you at least another 8-14 hours to Blitz the finish, or alot more if your going for ultimate weapons.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    So TBS any tips I sould be aware of.. like for weapon upgrades etc?

Finally mastered the combat system, kinda like it. Getting repeatative now tho, run 100 yards and fight then repeat untill boss; Im only 10 hours in, hope its not another 20 hours of this?
    Chapter 1-10 are all like this.

It's called the 20 hour tutorial and has been heavily criticized, after you get to chapter 11, its a completely new game.

And as a pre-warning (Make sure you keep at least one SEN filled with CP, you'll need it)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuxham View Post

And as a pre-warning (Make sure you keep at least one SEN filled with CP, you'll need it)
    Refresh my memory, SEN and CP?

Thank Post
    Sentinel and Crystal Points. I.e. Max everything you can

Thank Post
    I believe that stands for SENTINEL and CRYSTANARIUM POINTS.

Thank Post
    So I already spend my CP points when I get them, but the sentinal points, you mean make sure my chars with sentinal are maxed out?

Thank Post
    So I already spend my CP points when I get them, but the sentinal points, you mean make sure my chars with sentinal are maxed out?
    Exactly, Snow is ideal for this as is Fang later in the game, you'll come across alot of enemies where you need to tank.

Commando / Sentinel / Ravager
    Commando / Sentinel / Medic

Bit like that.

Thank Post
    Well I just finished chapter 9 last night, could not defeat Barthandelus at all! So decided to grind the mobs in the save area just before. Maxed out the CP of every char and did him in 11 minutes dead. So it seems the only way to get on in this game is grind grind grind!

Im liking this version less and less, does it have any cool distractions like in 7 where you raced the chocobos or did the battle arena?

Thank Post
    Well I just finished chapter 9 last night, could not defeat Barthandelus at all! So decided to grind the mobs in the save area just before. Maxed out the CP of every char and did him in 11 minutes dead. So it seems the only way to get on in this game is grind grind grind!

Im liking this version less and less, does it have any cool distractions like in 7 where you raced the chocobos or did the battle arena?
    You do get a chocobo in Chapter 11 to run around with, there are numerous missions/hunts to fulfil toward the end, and even finishing the store there are plenty of things todo.

The grind grind mechanism is quite a falsitude at times, I finished the story in 20 hours blitzing through, there are enough "forced" mobs there to be able to get enough CP to max at least one if not two classes per character, I never grinded at all.

It's all about the right Para chosen when fighting mobs, for example the boss at end of chapter 5 took me 2mins to complete where alot of people had problems, just COM/RAV to build the change while the Com slows the stagger down, than switch to RAV/RAV to stagger it, once staggered its COM/RAV again to blitz the mob in the air.

Everything can be done without grinding or without upgrading weapons, its just about using the right Paradigms(sp)?

Chapter 11 and the openness will defiantly open the game for you, just give it a go and you'll soon see how Chapter 1-10 are just a long tutorial.

And when you have your Choco, you can Treasure hunt, and its very fun. Replaying the game now with the ideal to max all weapons, all classes, and collect everything. 22hours and just started Chapter 6 now, all three Paradigms maxed for Vanille, Hope, Lightning and Sazh and all weapons at level 20. I am grinding slightly, Chapter 5 was really good for this low level with those orange slug things.
    Last edited by ahuxham; 23rd March 2010 at 10:54 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanks ahuxham, looking forward to playing tonight now!

Thank Post
    Despite the promise of the game opening up at chapter 11 I just couldn't take any more of it and returned it to Gamestation to get Battlefield Bad Co. 2 instead.

So bitterly dissapointed with the whole thing I might have to get FF7 for my PC just to re-kindle my love for the FF series

Thank Post
    I notice the majority of hard-core avid FF fans are absolute fans of FF7, I hated 7.

VIII was the best there was, nothing else I've played has compared, the 3 hours fight with Ultima's forms at the end, the Summons, absolutely brilliant.

I am enjoying 13, however it is getting very samey samey and linear, does wind me up a little.

Thank Post
    It took me a while to like FF8 when I first got it, I was so in love with the materia system of magic/upgrades in FF7 that the new Junction/GF system didn't appeal, but after figuring out how to grow the GF's to really tweak the character's I really enjoyed it too, nothing beat the awesome feeling of entering a battle with a pre-emptive strike and winning without having to press a single button

I love 7-10, hated X-2, haven't played the online ones, and now hated 13.

I think the main reason I don't like them is the real-time element to the battles, I much prefer the turn-based style of play where you can think, plan ahead with tactics etc which also explains why I enjoyed Lost Odyssee and hated Infinate Undiscovery! lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete10141748 View Post
    It took me a while to like FF8 when I first got it, I was so in love with the materia system of magic/upgrades in FF7 that the new Junction/GF system didn't appeal, but after figuring out how to grow the GF's to really tweak the character's I really enjoyed it too, nothing beat the awesome feeling of entering a battle with a pre-emptive strike and winning without having to press a single button

I love 7-10, hated X-2, haven't played the online ones, and now hated 13.

I think the main reason I don't like them is the real-time element to the battles, I much prefer the turn-based style of play where you can think, plan ahead with tactics etc which also explains why I enjoyed Lost Odyssee and hated Infinate Undiscovery! lol
    VII @ 5/10 (Didn't enjoy it much at all, apart from the 1.4mil gil from selling a mastered "ALL")
    VIII @ 10/10 (Loved it, loved the concept, how it starts from the start, the story and farming Malboro's)
    IX @ 6/10 (Didn't finish it, was a nice run around kind of game, concepts and story nice though)
    X @ 8/10 (New concepts, was lovely, and was amazed by the side-quests which always make things better)
    X-2 @ 3/10 (Hated it. End of)
    XI @10/10 (Been playing it online for a few years and love it too bits, really get your teeth into the game, takes a long time todo anything, but the rewards are fantastic)
    XII @ 7/10 (Wasn't all that great, was fun to play, new battle system was enjoyable, side quests and hunts were awesome as well)
    XIII @ 10/10 (Love the game, CP/Roles, Story and "End Game" playability)
    XIII Versus @ ??/?? (Waiting for this release, including open maps, world maps and towns, should have the same role/CP as XIII which should be good)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast