+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in Fun Stuff; Anyone else got this? I grabbed my copy on PC being a fan of the whole Battlefield series. Apart for ...

Thank Post

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Anyone else got this?

I grabbed my copy on PC being a fan of the whole Battlefield series. Apart for the initial extremely poor connectivity to the servers, I'm really impressed with this game.

I was playing online over the weekend and was being hunted by a tank. Thinking, "hummmm, lets hide in this building for shelter", I then died as the building collapsed on me! You really have to think about cover and tactics!

It's even better if you can get in the same squad as your mates!

If anyone wants to add me in game, add "Rawns"

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I gave it back. Whilst its nice and shiney with the graphics, its essentially a reskinned BF2 with new maps....

Thank Post
    Its quite good I have it on PC and have a server running for my gaming clan, it is indeed a team game :d

Thank Post
    I got in on Friday I like it! I did get server issues over the weekend. Its def a squad play game although you can run around on your own. I'll add you later I'm r0ck3t_d0g

Thank Post
    I do feel its been "consolised". I miss having the squad leader menu, being able to play as the commanded, and don't get me started with the lack of prone!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    I do feel its been "consolised". I miss having the squad leader menu, being able to play as the commanded, and don't get me started with the lack of prone!
    Yeh all gripes of mine too, saw you on steam playing it but need your ingame alias and a LOT OF LUCK to sucessfully add you to me EA friends.
    The login issues have been awful at the weekend but its typical for all EA games nowadays. I hear that those on xbox have less issues as they dont use the same master server that pc/ps3 does.

Thank Post
    My 2 other mates bought this and we added each other to our Friends list.

I can always see when my mate Rolls comes online but my other mate Shed does not show online even when he is.

Luckily we have a TS server so we relay the name of the server we join to him. (Nice addition that you will be put into the same team and squad of someone who is on your friends list)

Battlefield 2 was like this when it first came out. I'm sure once the connection issues have been sorted, and a patch or 2 has been released, it will be a gem of a game.
    Last edited by Rawns; 8th March 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 851 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have that issue (only 2 people on my list) where the first person I added never shows as online either. Although he is not online I can click the > icon at the end and it will join his server (as a tip) or say game not found so it does still work at least.
    I have to say I have not seen that intelegance yet with the friends list stuff as me and my mate were on different teams/groups all the time.

Thank Post
    That's weird. We must have joined about 8/10 servers over the weekend and every time we were on the same team. We always selected "Yes. Put me in a squad." on the load screen and we were always together.

Was slightly disappointed that I may not have a chance to get their dog tags.

Thank Post
    Awesome game really, just hope they bring out more maps and such. Typical first weekend of server abuse but it's really off and running now and I'm enjoying it. I'd like to go on record as being the best chopper gunner in the land.

It's what MW2 could have been.......but with tanks

Thank Post
    I pre-ordered it in early February, as soon as it was available on Steam. Played the Beta, loved it.

Haven't successfully played it since Friday, due to the login issues. I got fed up of constant crashes to desktop, and ended up going on AvP.

Bad Company 1 was essentially made for console. It could have been called "Battlefield 2: Arcade Edition". Not suprisingly, the successor has followed the same format with some improvements.

Very good game though, I love it. Very ambient. If they'd re-hashed BF2, with it's features, improved graphics and added the destruction system with the ambience, it would be perfect.

MW2 has been eternally laid to rest due to this game. I will never play that again. Finally.

Thank Post
    Modern Warfail 2...

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    No prone?? Seriously? Wow, I love to hide up in a building or hidden somewhere and play sniper in BF2, so I'm not impressed to learn this.

Thank Post
    No prone does indeed suck, you'll find that snipers now run for the nearest tree line or hide in bits of fence.

I had one little gitbag on Sunday hide in our spawn behind a skip, mercilessly sniping anyone that spawned in front of him.

Thank Post
    This is very true. Can't remember the level name but the one with the dam in the swamp where there are bushes and trees everywhere, almost everyone plays as a sniper as they blend in so well.

I must admit I played as a sniper but had a shotgun instead. Hide in the bushes, pop out when someone runs by and then BAMM!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast