+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in Fun Stuff; Awful K/D ratio there...........need to learn from the master...
    Thank Post
    Awful K/D ratio there...........need to learn from the master

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Awful K/D ratio there...........need to learn from the master
    It's improving now I've got something that does more damage than a water pistol and shoots straight

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    haha very true!! all of the starting weapons are rather crap!

Thank Post
    Got this t'other day on pc. My first battlefield game, and i'm impressed. Just a shame they couldn't polish it quite as well as mw2, then it really would be superb. Shoddy servers (is it just me or can no one else browse servers?? I can only use quick game) for online play, and a bit glitchy in places in the single player, otherwise would have been excellent. I'm absolutely rubbish at it, but i'll keep plugging away...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It isnt polished? The physics in the game are mental (in the good way) and the game itself is vastly superior to MW2. I have actually stopped playing MW2. Last night for example I was playing in an 8 man server playing Rush...4 rounds took nearly 2 hours to do!

Thank Post
    here is mine. None too shabby.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    It isnt polished? The physics in the game are mental (in the good way) and the game itself is vastly superior to MW2. I have actually stopped playing MW2. Last night for example I was playing in an 8 man server playing Rush...4 rounds took nearly 2 hours to do!
    Sorry I'm just fussy about my fps's. I have a few graphics glitches is all, nothing major. When i say polished, I just mean the things that make that lil bit extra difference. The single player storyline is of a similar quality to mw2 (i.e. not great) but the voice acting and script aren't quite as good. The graphics glitches are prob just me playing it at 1920x1200 on high, but then again ive got an i7, 6gb ddr3, and a gtx285 which i would expect to be able to handle it.

That and it just doesn't quite 'feel' right to me...but it is my first battlefield game so it's something i'll get used to.

Like I say, i'm just being fussy.

What i don't get, and this is a criticism of lots of new games MW2 most certainly included, is why it seems so difficult to get servers working correctly. HL and HL2 based games have been doin it for years with fantastic results and support, why do companies now feel they need to try and emulate the console model? Sorry...completely off topic

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonwoods123 View Post
    That and it just doesn't quite 'feel' right to me...but it is my first battlefield game so it's something i'll get used to.
    I would definitely try the renderahead tweaks to improve the responsiveness of the game.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonwoods123 View Post
    What i don't get, and this is a criticism of lots of new games MW2 most certainly included, is why it seems so difficult to get servers working correctly.
    Servers?! & MW2?!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I would definitely try the renderahead tweaks to improve the responsiveness of the game.
    I'll definitely give em a go tonight

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    renderahead tweaks are definately worth it!

As for the game being your first battlefield...this one is a massive leap forward in the series, and having had the BF games from BF1942 onwards, I have to say with each game (bar the 2142) they did VERY well for the game of its time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Servers?! & MW2?!
    Servers...connections...56k dial-up game hosting. u know what i mean :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    renderahead tweaks are definately worth it!

As for the game being your first battlefield...this one is a massive leap forward in the series, and having had the BF games from BF1942 onwards, I have to say with each game (bar the 2142) they did VERY well for the game of its time.
    I agree. I still dabble in BF2 now and again. It's over 5 years old and there are still loads of servers and players on it! And they patched it again end of last year. Patching a game over 5 years old has to say something about it!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The biggest issue with the BF series is EA, I have been playing bf since bf2 and EVERY launch has been hell with connection issues and crashes to desktop etc. EA has never yet launched a BF on pc that has *just worked* in my experience. The server list part is a complete joke, it has so many issues its stupid and since you cant directly connect (aka run bc2.exe ip=192.blah to connect) you cant get around it.
    A tip is if your having the magical disappearing "connecting" messages take a look in the top right corner, you will notice your username/rank has disappeared. If you log out and log back in repeatly it does eventually let you connect to the server.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 18th March 2010 at 03:32 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    The biggest issue with the BF series is EA, I have been playing bf since bf2 and EVERY launch has been hell with connection issues and crashes to desktop etc. EA has never yet launched a BF on pc that has *just worked* in my experience. The server list part is a complete joke, it has so many issues its stupid and since you can directly connect (aka run bc2.exe ip=192.blah to connect) you cant get around it.
    A tip is if your having the magical disappearing "connecting" messages take a look in the top right corner, you will notice your username/rank has disappeared. If you log out and log back in repeatly it does eventually let you connect to the server.
    Yeah, the joining a server issue bugs the hell out of me. Cheers for the IP address tip, if I find a decent server I'll use it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast