+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, MAssive Action Game (MAG) in Fun Stuff; Well guys I've owned MAG for nearly a week now and it is well worth the money. First of all ...
    Thank Post

MAssive Action Game (MAG)

Well guys I've owned MAG for nearly a week now and it is well worth the money. First of all it's the only game I know of that supports up to 256 simultaneous players. Add to that the level of competition online and you'll see why it's so fun.

Last night I managed to rack up about 330+ pts in one game which earned me an invite to a group of Americans which was hilarious hearing them crack on about their feats of destruction within MAG.

To get the best out of the game you really should have yourself a bluetooth headset so you can communicate properly.

[/willy waving]
    [/amazement]

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    Well guys I've owned MAG for nearly a week now and it is well worth the money. First of all it's the only game I know of that supports up to 256 simultaneous players. Add to that the level of competition online and you'll see why it's so fun.

Last night I managed to rack up about 330+ pts in one game which earned me an invite to a group of Americans which was hilarious hearing them crack on about their feats of destruction within MAG.

To get the best out of the game you really should have yourself a bluetooth headset so you can communicate properly.

[/willy waving]
    [/amazement]
    I played the beta and fell out of love with it. It got very boring, tedious, and the 256 player games is it's only selling point. Also updates are ridiculously large and slow to update.

I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone. MW2 FTW though!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunster View Post
    I played the beta and fell out of love with it. It got very boring, tedious, and the 256 player games is it's only selling point. Also updates are ridiculously large and slow to update
    I haven't experienced any updates yet. Although I can understand where you come from saying it's boring and tedious. However I do think that once you get the hang of upgrading your skills and you learn the maps etc...then it becomes really quite good. Reach lvl 15 and you can command your own squad and re-allocate your skill points which improves things dramatically because by then you know what you should have been allocating your points to.

I will also recommend again, a headset. Coordinating your troops and getting your tactics in order is vital to swift and simple victory.

Thank Post
    I thought it was quite good, played an hour last night on my new PS3... bit like COD4 + CS, it's a bit repetitive but... I love running in and dying every 5 seconds so i'm easily pleased. Will compare to MW2 later as it's arriving today.

If you ever see GingerManBearPig on a server be sure to let him kill you.

Thank Post
    I am addicted to MW2.

I got it for the 360 about 11 days ago and I am now half way to level 59. I have been told this is a rather rapid promotion time scale.

My fingers now hurt though and I may have early onset arthritis.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    I got it for the 360 about 11 days ago and I am now half way to level 59. I have been told this is a rather rapid promotion time scale.

My fingers now hurt though and I may have early onset arthritis.
    Yes indeed this is incredibly fast but you may be one of those elite gamers that spends hours upon hours sharpening their reflexes and tactics. I found some German players I was once in a game with were like this, they took the objective within the first 2-3 mins and then we won the game in another 5 or so.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    Yes indeed this is incredibly fast but you may be one of those elite gamers that spends hours upon hours sharpening their reflexes and tactics. I found some German players I was once in a game with were like this, they took the objective within the first 2-3 mins and then we won the game in another 5 or so.
    It took me a day to learn to use the 360 controller for FPS but since then I am usually ranked in the top 3 of every game, and win a high percentage. Its much harder to play without a mouse though.

Thank Post
    MW2 is all about the lag... if you have a great connection with minimal lag you can beat anyone. Crap connection and you can shoot a whole clip into someone and still die.

I must admit that the thumper/launcher noobs are really getting to me at the moment, no skill required there

Thank Post
    I like MW2 so much I have it on PC and xbox!

Thank Post
    Nothing like pwning a 12 year old french kid on MW2 who's level 70 when you're level 3... good times.

Thank Post
    MAG. I've heard of it, haven't looked into it much. Perhaps worth a peek.

As for MW2, that game gets eternally put to rest as of tomorrow night when Bad Company 2 is released. I'm pre-loading it on Steam as I type.

I bought MW2 purely as a response to the hype it received. No dedicated servers has killed it in my opinion. Player Hosted games are not the way forward. I've prestiged nearly twice, the game is done as far as I'm concerned. Maps are too small (Grenade launchers/Rocket Launchers on Rust/Highrise?). Horrible spawn system (I lose count how many times I spawn near enemies). Laggy as hell (although funnily enough I don't complain when I receive host for 5 games in a row ). Terrible hit boxes (most likely lag-related). I have yet to find a game that makes me rage and gets me riled up as much as MW2 .

Bring on the Battlefield! (Sure, that game is full of bugs and gripes too, I was in the Beta)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread