+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, What do you use your WII for...? in Fun Stuff; Shame the wii dont support 1080p/i otherwise it would be a great little media streamer!...

Thank Post
    Shame the wii dont support 1080p/i otherwise it would be a great little media streamer!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Here's a few other uses :-)

YouTube - wii remote whiteboard
    I may be missing something blatently obvious here and end up looking silly, but he appears to be using a Wii remote to identify whereabouts on a projected image an infra-red light is. I get the concept, but exactly how is the Wii remote connected to the PC? And what is the software he is using to calibrate etc?

Thanks

Stuart

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    It's connected via bluetooth.

Ben

Thank Post
    have just installed mame to relive some of my mispent youth
    I tried that years ago with and discovered I was now a very small fraction of a tiny percent as good, which was sad

I used to be able to do things like wrap around the Asteroids max score. Got outvoted, but I didn't want a WII because I was genuinely *still* sulking over the time several eons ago when I'd been playing one game of arcade Donkey Kong for a few hours(!) and on the n100th time around instead going "Tada! You're Terrific! Game Over [now please go away so I can make some money]" it gave me around 5 seconds to get Mario all the way up those ramps. You couldn't even get up the first ladder in 5 pigging seconds... and when I'd let my bloated collection of lives die, it just crashed and lost my lovely record high score.

Mame? It's just not the same as when: a) you're paying, b) you can't flick pennies up the reject slot to mitigate a.
    Last edited by PiqueABoo; 1st February 2010 at 09:17 PM.

Thank Post
    To collect dust.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFlame View Post
    To collect dust.
    Sell it then

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pscott View Post
    http://www.filedropper.com/wiisoftmod42

There it is, the readme.txt file has the walkthrough
    Original source was mike&heth, website disapeared, so have rewritten it so hopefully makes sense to people!

Works perfect on 4.2!
    I assume you just Unrar everything onto an SD card and work through your destructions ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo View Post
    I tried that years ago with and discovered I was now a very small fraction of a tiny percent as good, which was sad

I used to be able to do things like wrap around the Asteroids max score. Got outvoted, but I didn't want a WII because I was genuinely *still* sulking over the time several eons ago when I'd been playing one game of arcade Donkey Kong for a few hours(!) and on the n100th time around instead going "Tada! You're Terrific! Game Over [now please go away so I can make some money]" it gave me around 5 seconds to get Mario all the way up those ramps. You couldn't even get up the first ladder in 5 pigging seconds... and when I'd let my bloated collection of lives die, it just crashed and lost my lovely record high score.

Mame? It's just not the same as when: a) you're paying, b) you can't flick pennies up the reject slot to mitigate a.
    Paying ?
    What I used to do [ and please rememebr this was a LONG time ago when I was a kid ] - I used to bunk off school with my mates, get the train up to Heathrow - [ one of the terminals ] - go to the arcade [ which had all the games etc on a nice carpet ] - you know whats coming next.... We used to rub our feet on the carpet, build up a static charge, and then stick our fingers on / in the metal slot where you had to stick your 10p in. 8 times out of 10 instant credits !!
    Or...........circular knitting needles make great devices to stick down the slot, locate the micro switch / hook which the 10p used to knock, once latched on a quick up and down movement used to create instant credits !!!
    Or.......a bar magnet when playing on the fruit machines so the reels didn't move when you got a winning line.....FREE money !! These days you can't even stick a hanky up a reject slot in the phone boxes.....no fun.
    Still I grew up ok in the end didn't I ?

Thank Post
    Been mucking about with a Wiimote and the interactive whiteboard idea today. Everywhere I found it said you can't use MS's bluetooth stack to pair the devices, but they were all using Windows XP. I've been playing today using Windows 7 and paired the Wiimote without installing anything extra. Then just ran the WiimoteWhiteboard software and I had an interactive wall! Thought it may be useful for some to know.....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12