+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, I want a PS3! in Fun Stuff; ...
    Thank Post

I want a PS3!

Since playing around with a PS3 over x-mas my decision has been confirmed, I want a PS3 over the 360. Both consoles are great but with free multiplayer, wireless built in and bluray I think ps3 has got the slightly upper hand. Still disappointed with the football games though (PES2010 and Fifa10) I have been a PES fan from day one but have to admit Fifa is far better on the next gen consoles but couldn't purchase Fifa as that would be wrong...

I have been looking at deals for ages and just keep waiting for better deals to come by.

I am looking at the 250gb slim model. All I want to play is Metal Gear Solid 4 to start off with and use the media center/streaming features of PS3 and when Gran Turismo comes out buy that also.

2 deals which I have found (Both are for 284.99) which are pretty decent are:

http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/PlayS...en-6/~r344989/ - currently out of stock though but comes with 3 decent games, hopefully it becomes available again.

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...pf_rd_i=506846 - 2 games (all latest release) but also comes included with hdmi cable too.

Does anyone know if there are better deals available. I went to every game store in Bham today and found that the deals are marginally better online.

Any suggestions?

Thank Post
    199 for the 80gb fat

ShopTo.Net - Playstation 3 Console 80 GB Now With Dual Shock 3 Pad - Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3)

* you can put a 500gb drive in if you want (you can do that with slim too)
    * it'll run linux.

HDMI cable can be had from about 2 from ebay.

check out ps3mediaserver for streaming.

I have no complaints with PES2010, just as fun as the old PES' IMHO.

Thank Post
    I've got a 360 and a PS3. I can understand your excellent reasons for wanting a PS3, but I think games are a shade better on the 360 with a bigger selection. Plus, I prefer the 360 controller.

Fifa 10 on PS3 is fantastic though!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My brother got one with his phone contract, loves it, but I hate them, had one and sold it shortly after as it was crap. PSN is laggy as hell compared to xbox live and online play is better on xbox

Thank Post
    I've got the 360, PS3 and Wii. I love gaming so I've got each console to play the exclusives on that platform. THe PS3 is the new one this Christmas. I've set it up now as a Media Streamer. IPlayer is great on it and I can't fault the console at all. Only thing I would say is the price of the games on 360 and PS3 are horrendous. 10 cheaper and I would buy more.

Thank Post
    I love my ps3.

Got it through my phone upgrade nice way to spread payments.

I also got singstar with it!

There are some cracking games for the ps3 only as well; highly recommend you buy Uncharted 2!

I couldn't stand the Xbox 360; too much noise and worrying about getting a red ring of death.

don't really play my ps3 online these days though; gta iv is a right laugh online, running people over never gets old

Thank Post
    Still prefer my 360 over anything atm, yes im on my 3rd one but its never bothered me.
    Im starting to notice its struggling now, particle and smoke effects really make it work hard and the frame rates drop alot. Just hoping the xbox720 or whatever its gonna be called isnt far off....

God im starting to sound like a fan boy!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sandeep2504 View Post
    I couldn't stand the Xbox 360; too much noise...
    Agreed, 360 is much too noisy. My PS3 is nearly silent and perfect for watching DVDs on. Why anyone would watch a film on the 360 is beyond me; how do they hear anything over the fan noise?

Still love my 360 for gaming though.

Thank Post
    Personally I've played both but I agree with the OP. Having integrated wireless and free online gaming sealed the deal for me. As far as games go there are none I'd really say I get excited about. I got excited about Tekken 6 and was let down, going to trade it in for MAG when it comes out.

My mate reckons he prefers games on the 360 because generally the cross platform games come out on the 360 first and then are ported to the PS3 and on the PS3 they end up very glitchy. The exception he mentioned IIRC is Bioshock, which was written for the PS3 initially.

NOTE: On the PS3 be careful. If you have a wireless N router they can be picky about connectivity. My PS3 doesn't like my 85 Belkin router but loves my cheap 2nd hand (off eBay) 13 Netgear router. Which I'm not happy about seeing as I loved the speed from the Belkin which seemed to connected better to my broadband but I would sacrifice the speed so that I can maul the Yanks on Killzone 2.
    Last edited by DAZZD88; 26th January 2010 at 11:51 AM.

Thank Post
    didn't tesco sell the ps3 slims for 199.... Must of been a special offer...

Thank Post
    I brought one in the end from Gamestation in Merry Hill after the manager did me a deal.

He was able to do a slightly better offer than the one I saw on amazon.co.uk with a 250gb ps3 slim, fifa10, mgs4 instead of another game and a hdmi cable. This for 280.

I was pretty happy with that.

Just need time to play on the damn thing!

Thank Post
    Got a PS3 slim before Christmas from Sainsburys for 199, what an absolute bargain, added they were sold out in a massive three minutes, the queue was a nightmare to get them Had to travel to another store to find some!

I love it, BD playback is superb, online gaming is superb, just think the PSN store needs alot of work.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bought myself a PS3 today.. Came with fifa but its utter carp, Nowhere had Pro Evo anywhere so gonna order it online..

PM me your PSNames if you play pro evo online and ill give you a beating

Thank Post
    My PS3 Slim that i bought about a month ago is gathering more dust than my Wii. I just keep playing on the Xbox 360, yes i may have to pay 5 a month for the live service, but the experience as a whole is so much better than Playstations. I might buy Dark Rain yet with it being a PS3 exclusive.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Bought myself a PS3 today.. Came with fifa but its utter carp, Nowhere had Pro Evo anywhere so gonna order it online..

PM me your PSNames if you play pro evo online and ill give you a beating
    RabbieBurns if you have a tesco superstore near you, I would check out Pro evo 2010 in there first. I saw it in there for 24 which is the cheapest I have seen it, this was brand new btw and for the PS3.

I have been a PES fan from day one but was disappointed with the game if I have to be honest. Fifa has improved a lot and I have to say it is better this time around.

I found the more I played Fifa the better it gets. See how you get on.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast