+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, I want a PS3! in Fun Stuff; ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ranj View Post
    RabbieBurns if you have a tesco superstore near you, I would check out Pro evo 2010 in there first. I saw it in there for £24 which is the cheapest I have seen it, this was brand new btw and for the PS3.

I have been a PES fan from day one but was disappointed with the game if I have to be honest. Fifa has improved a lot and I have to say it is better this time around.

I found the more I played Fifa the better it gets. See how you get on.
    I'm not so sure if tesco have any stores in Australia

My PSN username is the same as on here, but i only tend to play driving games (that is when i find the time to play it!).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,278 Posts
    I've owned an import PS3 from the early days and in that time I know quite a few people now who have had problems with the XBOX 360 failing which is a shame really. Microsoft shouldn't of rushed it out just to beat the PS3 to market in the first place!

It is interesting though how Microsoft and Sony have done things differently. The original XBOX 360 had no hard drive, no game and no HDMI connection, whereas from day 1 the PS3 had all these but was considerably more expensive.

Now to the present day Microsoft have added considerable upgrades to the console. Firstly making a black version (sarcasm), a hard drive, bundled games and HDMI by default. Sony on the other hand have increased the hard disk size, removed the integrated PS2 chip to save costs and reduced the number of USB ports .. oh and of course there's the PS3 slim.
    Both consoles have gone through a nanometer reduction process. In practice the CPU is physically smaller and runs cooler.

Which is the better business model? Difficult to say really but I have no doubt buying an XBOX 360 plus all the peripherals seperately would be more expensive than a PS3 which has these features integrated.

As for the quality of the games, on paper PS3 is more powerful but is more difficult to program for according to the experts due to how the Cell processor works. Longterm however Microsoft and indeed Nintendo will be required to release new consoles first, there's no doubt about that in my opinion.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I've owned an import PS3 from the early days and in that time I know quite a few people now who have had problems with the XBOX 360 failing which is a shame really. Microsoft shouldn't of rushed it out just to beat the PS3 to market in the first place!
    Still on an early (japanese 20gb - with 100gb drive added) model here.... gave it a clean out the other day. They are very well put together.

Currently playing Darksiders and Heavy Rain till GOW3 and FF13.

If PS3 owners like RPGs take a look at Demons Souls.... import only, but the best game of 2009 IMHO.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by computer_expert View Post
    I'm not so sure if tesco have any stores in Australia

My PSN username is the same as on here, but i only tend to play driving games (that is when i find the time to play it!).
    Ahh yes, it would have helped if I looked at his details :-0

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    If PS3 owners like RPGs take a look at Demons Souls.... import only, but the best game of 2009 IMHO.
    Will an import game play on an unmodified PS3? I don't want to buy the thing and find out it's useless, also don't want to have to modify my PS3 in any way.

Thank Post
    So long as you have a PS3 connected to a HD TV via a HDMI cable the games are universal. Some games will refuse to work without a HD TV. All PS3 games support 720p minimum HD resolution.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So long as you have a PS3 connected to a HD TV via a HDMI cable the games are universal. Some games will refuse to work without a HD TV. All PS3 games support 720p minimum HD resolution.
    Awesome, thanks mate.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    Will an import game play on an unmodified PS3? I don't want to buy the thing and find out it's useless, also don't want to have to modify my PS3 in any way.
    All PS3 games work on all PS3s.

I have a Japanese PS3. My Demons Souls is Chinese (all in english), Resistance FOM is US and all my other games are UK games. The only trouble you have with import games is the DLC and whether you can use and pay for the DLC on the relevant regional store.

Thank Post
    For a start some native PAL or NTSC games on a PAL or NTSC PS3 won't work unless you're connected to a HD TV, which in English basically means it needs 720p or better.

For games that do work without a HD TV, it's hit and miss as of course PAL games are coded in 576p and NTSC 480p. The HD TV standard essentially creates a universal standard at 720p, 1080i and of course 1080p.

I bought a PS3 on import and all my games are PAL versions. However Sony have locked the console for Blu-ray movies. Japan/USA is Region A and Europe/Australia Region B. Everywhere else is Region C. The same applies for DVD movies too regions 1 - 6.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12