+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Armed Assault 2 - my tip for pc goty!! in Fun Stuff; ...
    Thank Post

Armed Assault 2 - my tip for pc goty!!

"There was once a dark age when players were herded like cattle down rigid gaming paths - and Bohemia Interactive Studios were the Che Guevara types who set them free."

About ArmA 2®

n ArmA II, you’re part of an elite squad of American soldiers sent behind enemy lines to restore peace to Chernarus, a Soviet country ripped apart by civil war as warring rival factions fight to take control of the troubled state.
    In an epic story full of plot twists and turns, it becomes clear that the troubles plaguing Chernarus are deeper than anyone thought and the battle intensifies to extreme levels.

Building upon the foundations laid by its predecessor, ArmA II features refined graphics; unscripted AI opponents that ensure no skirmish ever plays out in the same way; 225sq km of game play area including more than 50 different towns and villages,
    alongside lush forests and wind-swept beaches; 136 different vehicles variants including helicopters, tracked armoured vehicles, boats and even bicycles and 81 weapon variants.

ArmA 2 features:

SINGLE PLAYER MODE with emphasis on resource management and RPG elements, the player commands a squad through a story full of twists and surprises
    Cooperative MULTIPLAYER and team-based large scale multiplayer over entire map for 50 live players
    Built-in MISSION EDITOR allowing player to expand the game beyond original content
    Complex weapons SIMULATION based on technologies used in military training and real-world data: ballistics, deflection, material penetration, glowing tracer rounds
    AUTONOMOUS AI providing them ability to react dynamically depending on player's action: AI-controlled soldiers and vehicles maneuver, flank, take cover and surprise player in many ways.
    AI where squads navigate in REALISTIC FASHION, soldiers can find proper cover with millimeter precision, lean from cover and return fire.
    Advanced dynamic CONVERSATION system, integrating preset conversations and dynamic queries about the game environment.
    GESTURES and combat communication of units: Soldiers shout and use same communication means as in real combat situations
    Comprehensive library of over 60 fully simulated modern FIREARMS
    Over 60 playable VEHICLES

Player-driven story
    Role-playing and resource management elements. Command your troops through a branching campaign full of twists and surprises.

Extensive multiplayer
    Play the entire solo campaign cooperatively or dive into huge PvP battles for control of the whole map.

Mission Editor
    The Intuituive, powerful mission editor lets you design your own missions in minutes or create intricate and unique campaigns. Infinitely extend the game!

Authentic weapon simulation
    Bullet ballistics and deflection, material penetration, real-world magazine capacity, tracers, ammunition types and stopping power.

Unique AI
    No scripts, no pre defined pathways. AI adapt and use the open environment on the fly. AI share information, flanking and taking cover to surprise and outsmart players.

Dynamic conversation system.
    ArmA 2 integrates preset conversations with dynamic queries about the game environment. Talk to soldiers in the field and civilians caught up in the fighting. Soldiers shout and use hand gestures based on real world military doctrine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsPif3sBhA"]YouTube - Armed Assault 2 - HD Trailer (1280x720)[/ame]

Check out ARMA 2 Official Website - ARMA 2

and order at Play.com (UK) : ARMA II: Armed Assault (2) : PC Games - Free Delivery

Distributor(s) : SprocketIdea
    Series : sequel of ArmA : Armed Assault® (ArmA : Combat Operations®) and from the authors of Operation Flashpoint : Cold War Crisis/Resistance/Elite.
    Engine : Virtual Reality 3
    Platform(s) : Microsoft Windows , (XBOX360)
    Release Date(s) : Q2+, 2009 (NA), Q2+, 2009 (EU)
    Genre(s) : Tactical Military Shooter / Simulator
    Mode(s) :

SinglePlayer : Yes - Mission(s) and Campaign(s)
    SinglePlayer COOPerative mode : Yes - Campaign(s)
    MultiPlayer : Yes, 50+ players (64-128)
    MultiPlayer modes : any possible COOP or PvP

Rating : N/A (ESRB) , 18+ (PEGI)

Game also features own scripting language and is extremely moddable (see these thousands ArmA 1 mods on Armed Assault Info and scripts on OFPEC The Editing Center )

System Requirements: TBA
    Projected Minimal PC System Requirements

Dual Core CPU
    512 MB RAM
    GPU with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB RAM
    Windows XP or Windows Vista

Projected Optimal PC System Requirements

Quad Core CPU
    1 GB RAM
    Fast GPU (8800GT level) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB RAM
    Windows XP or Windows Vista
    Last edited by kevbaz; 12th May 2009 at 08:57 AM.

Thank Post
    So I'm guessing you're a fan then

Thank Post
    I was a huge fan of Operation Flashpoint, less so of Armed Assault.

Personally I'm looking forward to both this and OFP2. I'm just waiting for the specs to be released before I go buying any new kit.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    this will tear peoples machines apart, and I am fully prepared for it!

Thank Post
    I am intrigued, but the engine looks extremely dated. Certainly the models look rubbish and the textures are very flat.

Of course, if the gameplay is awesome you would see past that (CoD:UO, CoD2).

Is there a demo out or anything, mp pref i could try?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I like the look of it but I enjoy BF2 too much to dedicate time to another game at the min lol

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    perhaps if you get Project Reality for BF2 (a free add on), it will give you a HUGE indication as to how Armed Assault (and Operation Flashpoint) actually works. Its based on teamwork and communication, none of this run and gun stuff.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    perhaps if you get Project Reality for BF2 (a free add on), it will give you a HUGE indication as to how Armed Assault (and Operation Flashpoint) actually works. Its based on teamwork and communication, none of this run and gun stuff.
    was thinking about downloading that the other day bud , as i have a day off i will get on with it lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    I like the look of it but I enjoy BF2 too much to dedicate time to another game at the min lol
    Brilliant game!!! AIX mod is another good mod

Thank Post
    Op flash was the don, Amred assult after a patch was just op flash but with better eye candy and more features,.... now ArmA2 is gonna be amazing.

Makes me laugh when the BF2 and FPS kiddies talk realism,... me think they need to try a proper COOP MP mission in armed assult with full team dissy to learn realism.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I just started a clan for Arma if anyone is interested. Based upon the Parachute regiment (full military realism). If anyone out there plays ArmA and is interested, hit me up!

Thank Post
    Isn't the demo coming out today?

Thank Post
    Well I am now in possession of this awesome game. Had a few issues to begin with, but they were resolved after a graphics driver update. This game is unbelievably pretty.

Thank Post
    I found this game massivly frustrating.

I dont find the movement fluid at all. Even with headbob turned off it can be a task going through a door for example.

The campaign in also riddled with bugs that can make it unplayable and uncompletable. For example, your men refusing to get in the vehicle you tell them to. And even if you manage to get them all in the vehicle, tell the driver to go somewhere and he can just sit there dribbling and being 'special'. Once you are moving, their driving is shocking! It took him 2 mins to navigate round a fench because ke kept just backing up and crashing in to it again. ARGH

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I found the campaign annoying as hell, so didnt bother with it after 2 hours of trying

Got into the multiplayer, now my machine isnt low spec, infact its a very decent system, but this sucked the life out of my CPU and GPU (95% usage on CPU and 100% usage on GPU) and I was getting minimal FPS on normal settings!

IMO its just a graphically tweaked version of ARMA with a different map and setting for the militarys. I would NOT recommend you get this game, and I recommend those who like Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault 1 to stay away from it. As hyped up as it was, it didnt live to expectations.
    Last edited by nephilim; 30th June 2009 at 12:37 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast