+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, PlayStation Home in Fun Stuff; Home is now live Weighs in at a simple 77mb download from the XMB under "Playstation Network".... It does reserve ...
    Thank Post

PlayStation Home

Home is now live

Weighs in at a simple 77mb download from the XMB under "Playstation Network".... It does reserve 3gb of space for itself when you first start it up...

Not found an awful lot of choice in clothing or other apparel, my apartment certainly looks nice out of the box.

Whenever you want to move around locations it ends up downloading them, so far they've been around 50mb...

Not really explored that far, just followed the tutorial for 5 minutes because I'm lazy.

Thank Post
    Sorry but no idea what you are talking about

Thank Post
    I shall have a look at it tomorrow. I did spot that it was now in open beta. Although it's just a bit on the late side

Thank Post
    I installed it on friday. I was finally able to log in to it last night. Sonys servers have been sweating since it launched. Not to worry though, as Call of duty 4 will never fail me.

I had a wonder around for half an hour. Seems nice. Played some pool (got beat) had a go on the arcades. Got slagged off by 12 year old man u fans. It was just like being on xbox live in the lobby area

Thank Post
    Wasnt looking forward to this kind of 'entertainment', I prefere if sony spent more development on the XMB and some games. Installed it at the weekend, but not been able to connect any time i've tried.

To be fair, its still in Beta... but personally I couldnt give a crap about a virtual shopping mall.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 16th December 2008 at 03:38 PM.

Thank Post
    It's a wonder why it's been so long in development. It's rubbish!

There's not exactly much to it, and what is isn't very interesting.

Thank Post
    Home is a great idea, almost made me want to get a PS3 (that and blueray support) but I thought I would hold off until it was released and reviewed.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I keep losing connection to the server everytime I try

Thank Post
    I hope they implement the Warhawk lobby soon that was what I was waiting for home for. Apparantly it was supposed to allow your team to gather in your aparment pre-battle where you have a 'sandbox' view of the map complete with vehicles and toy soldier pieces. You can then use this to plan out tactics for the forthcoming battle which would really be cool for the clans.

Thank Post
    I managed to get a closed beta invite before the open beta started (although it was only about 3 or so weeks hehe) and there was even less content then.

They did have lobby's and more stuff I'm told before this phase started but needed to take it out to refine a few things and attempt to stress test (through the additional closed invites like I got).

I guess they completely underestimated the take up of the open beta, which IMO is a little silly considering how long Home has been hyped and discussed on PS3 forums since its initial mention by Sony.

Obviously, the idea of Home isnt exactly new (being that barebones wise, its a virtual online environment that many gamers are already used to using), but the execution and bringing together of various ideas to use in Home could make it something worthwhile.

The lobby systems look good and will return to the beta I'm sure, and for those that have tried it and are wondering how to get more clothes, try getting some high scores on the little arcade machines in the Bowling Alley

The environments are a little small at the moment but I imagine Sony have plans to extend them.

Oh, one last thing guys, its a beta... dont expect perfection just yet hehe (and yes, Sony have had ages to make this, but you know Sony, they dont rush stuff do they? hehe )

Cheers
    Nath

Thank Post
    I love the way a few people start a dance... then some more join in... then loads of people are just dancing the same dance... with their bubble generators... it's great

Running around dressed as Santa was fun too

I think I spent 4 hours on the game with the trains down in the Bowling alley... it's like going to the bowling alleys near me, we usually end up having to play arcade games while we wait for a lane to be available

Thank Post
    hehe Missed the Santa i think... havent been on for a few weeks

That train game is quite good fun. Hope they add some more games to the arcade and some more machines too hehe

Thank Post
    I tried it last week after a couple of days of trying to connect and getting nothing. I "played" it for around 30 minutes before throwing the controller down in despair and wonderment. Despair, because if this is the best Sony can do they should be worried; and "wonderment" because it took so long to develop I expected it to be something more (not sure why). It isn't "more"- I think it's "less". Instead of developing exclusive titles that show the power of the PS3 Sony are shifting towards an "entertainment" solution with Blu-Ray, Home, and storage capacity with the ability to record TV etc.

Blu-Ray is good- but not that good; PS Home is crap and the storage capacity useless unless you don't have Sky+.

The PS3 for me is dying a death...

Thank Post
    Well the problem with the service is that you don't pay for it. XBOX live costs. Ok, it sucks that you have to pay, but at least it works 99% of the time.

Unfortunately games console are doing more, just like phones. Anyone fancy a phone that just rings and texts? How about a console that just plays (online) games? Well the big companies say no, so we must follow.

PS: Don't forget your new phone that also is a controller

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingswood View Post
    Blu-Ray is good- but not that good; PS Home is crap and the storage capacity useless unless you don't have Sky+.
    Blu-Ray works abit like a big DVD, what did you expect?

Problems with PS3 storage, get a bigger HD, you can get a 2.5" 500GB internal for peanuts, 3.5" 1.5TB external (but run off the internal slot), or multiple 3.5" 1.5TBs off the USBs. No small propiatory HDs this side of town.

I Agree that home is dire, but a virtual shopping mall is not my bag anyway...

I much prefere not paying to use the my system and the games I have purchased online at no extra cost... even if it is down an extra 1% of the time. Its a disgrace that MS can charge for XBL, especially as its laced with adverts.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 29th December 2008 at 12:50 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast