+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Me + The Sims = God complex! in Fun Stuff; Oh my god! Sims 3 is out in February! The fact that i am slightly partial to a good simulation ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Me + The Sims = God complex!

Oh my god! Sims 3 is out in February!

The fact that i am slightly partial to a good simulation game, and the fact it brings out my inner god complex is a ongoing joke between me, my boyfriend and a mate.

Now, does anyone here play any of the PC Sims games (how they were meant to be played....not these watered down console versions!!)?

If so do you have a system that can handle it? My PC struggles and was wondering if there were any upgrades i could make to it for now, until i can buy a new one.

It's a pretty bog standard P4. It's got to be about 7 years old now (really need an upgrade!!) but it does what its supposed to. Gonna try and add more ram, but could maybe someone could suggest and a good graphics card to go in there.

Jay

Thank Post
    If its seven years old you may as well just buy a new base unit, it will probably cost the same as upgrading and be a lot quicker. (Assuming its using an older CPU socket, DDR1 and AGP.)

Still wouldn't think the Sims would require a lot of horse power to run.

Thank Post
    I just upgraded my primary machine with a quad core Q8200, 4GB DDR3 and a HD 4850..

My Mainboard though was a Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 iX48 which means I can upgrade later on without worrying about compat so much... very stable and quiet system though and at 775 worth every penny..

Oh and the real benefit has been the ability to keep the old machine up until I'm ready to commit 100% to the new one.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Isn't the SIMS series very badly coded? - in that it's an extremely poor resource hog producing a kak application that should in all fairness run on a 386.

Sorry I have friend who's always pestering with similar questions. I may be cynical but I have the opinion that Maxis are happy to milk this cash cow for all it's worth whilst ignoring the sanity of it's public.

/rant

From the SIMS2 forums: Sims 2 Community Forums - System Requirements for The Sims 3 ?

The SIMS name is obviously supposed to inspire loathing

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Isn't the SIMS series very badly coded?
    ALL games are badly coded !!
    With programmers etc spoilt with loads of RAM and HD space, games taking a few gigs to install is just daft in my opinion.
    Duke Nukem 3D I think took about 60 meg and the original quake a little more. And before that you had Eugene Jarvis who could code entire games with basic GX, sound and gameplay in silly amounts of memory.

Thank Post
    Shows how much I've been conditioned working here. I thought you were talking about editing peoples details for humorous effect

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    the fact it brings out my inner god complex is a ongoing joke between me, my boyfriend and a mate.
    Do you ever find yourself standing in tall building, looking down at the people scurrying around down below and thinking "Dammit, where are the command icons?"...

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    Do you ever find yourself standing in tall building, looking down at the people scurrying around down below and thinking "Dammit, where are the command icons?"...

--
    David Hicks
    Theme Park affected me like that.. I always think "hmm - add a little more salt to those fries" and "where's the line up entertainment here! " LOL

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Black and white was great because you could throw giant boulders at the little ant people!!!! Well, every so often, just to remind 'em who's in charge! I was a good god really!!

Thank Post
    I love playing all kind of god-sim games, started way back when I was little on populous and a few others and then it moved forward >.< Yes I do wonder why I haven't got nay command buttons when looking down from tall buildings, damn this RL game and it's crappy interfaces.

But yeah, Little Miss, I would advise getting a new base unit! I realised only the other day that my personal 3.4 Ghz P4 just doesn't cut the mustard anymore (and thats a socket 775 one )

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread