+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Game Recommendations in Fun Stuff; Having purchased the Far Cry 2 game recently and been severely disappointed with the poor gameplay and repetitive nature of ...
    Thank Post

Game Recommendations

Having purchased the Far Cry 2 game recently and been severely disappointed with the poor gameplay and repetitive nature of the whole thing I'm a bit wary of repeating the whole thing with the likes of other new games so has anyone got some recommendations for stuff that is in the genre of Half Life 2 or Team Fortress 2.

So, anyone got any recommendations...

Oh and anything the ladies of the group would recommend for my wife? She's looking forward to Sims 3 and a Suduko and Cluedo nut but definitely not into gore and violence

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Gears Of War 2 - Out Now
    Call Of Duty 5 - is ok if you like World war
    Fall Out is an awsome game

as for lady games.. let me have a looksy cnt think right now lol

Thank Post
    If you are on PS3 I'd recommend Warhawk + the expansion packs if you are looking for something Team Fortress style. Its available to download for PSN with all expansions packs probably not that expensive but I can't remember an exact price.

As for the missus has she played Sims Castaway that was pretty good. There's also Professor Layton and the Curious Village & Hotel Dusk: Room251 if she has a DS.

Thank Post
    Dead space is a game that ive been playing recently and its superb. Very atmospheric full of jumpy moments. Best played with all lights off and a 5.1 system up to a nice high volume

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt_LFC View Post
    Dead space is a game that ive been playing recently and its superb. Very atmospheric full of jumpy moments. Best played with all lights off and a 5.1 system up to a nice high volume
    I was about to say that - also heavenly sword is quite good for PS3 again

Thank Post
    Having played lots of the modern games in the last 10 years including Half-life, TFC, TF2, Day of Defeat and all manner of single and online multiplayer games I find myself going back back to the more basic games.
    All I play these days is the old arcade games on my arcade machine in the garage. Never mind this HDR stuff! Give me a good scrolling beat em up or After burner any day. I have a few thousand games to go at as well so theres something for every mood.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the recommendation so far... Some good ones there.

Just to note we don't have any consoles like PS3 or Red Ring of Death.. Oops I mean the X-Box... so PC and DS recommendations are good... Thinking about a Wii as a Chrimbo pressie for each other though

Thank Post
    Strangely I don't seem to play many PC games these days. The one I keep going back to for it's kickass multi player action is the latest Unreal Tournament.
    For the DS there are some fun ones I have played. Ninjatown is a new one I have started playing. If you have ever played Tower defense games online it is basically that. You have a stage where baddies come in one side and exit out the other. You have to put ninja huts along the way to kill them. Different Ninja huts are better against different enemys. I'm about 77% through it and still addicted.
    Another good DS game I couldn't stop playing for ages was Civilization Revolutions. It's Civilization for the DS. If you have never played Civ before it's basically turn based strategy.

Starfox command for the DS is not bad either. The multiplayer is quite fast paced and satisfying to blow real people out the sky.

And as always for the DS is Mariokart. Nuff said.

Oh and some girlie recommendations for the DS. My missus quite liked Lost in Blue 1&2. Bomberman is always a great one (multiplayer rocks). And lastly Puzzle Bobble is always good one.
    Last edited by phreak; 10th November 2008 at 12:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Having played lots of the modern games in the last 10 years including Half-life, TFC, TF2, Day of Defeat and all manner of single and online multiplayer games I find myself going back back to the more basic games.
    All I play these days is the old arcade games on my arcade machine in the garage. Never mind this HDR stuff! Give me a good scrolling beat em up or After burner any day. I have a few thousand games to go at as well so theres something for every mood.
    have you played Titan attacks for os x? this of course assumes that you have os x. i Can't remember if it was available for PC. I like this game. and also pac the man x with its own level editor.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    have you played Titan attacks for os x? this of course assumes that you have os x. i Can't remember if it was available for PC. I like this game. and also pac the man x with its own level editor.
    I havent played those. All the stuff I play is what used to be available in the arcades. Of course I own all the original ROMs....

Thank Post
    Left4Dead. Seriously.

Thank Post
    On the DS for the wife I bought her Animal Crossing Wild World (I think thats the full title). Honest to God she has played it every night for over a year now. Well, maybe a few nights off but thats what she plays in bed before she nods off.

XBox 360 (I know you aint got one) but we both enjoyed the co-op of Fable 2.

Fallout 3 on the PC and Gears of War 2 on the 360 are both highly rated by me.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I love the Katamari games! Anyone else heard of them? So funny. I'm a Final Fantasy nut too, that's a good series.

Little big Planet...or something like that. Someone recommended that to me.

Thank Post
    Little Big Planet (PS3 only): A game for all. Very good and multiplayer too!
    PixelJunk Monsters (PS3 only)

Fallout 3 (excellent)
    Civ revolutions.

I didnt enjoy Farcry 2. There is only so much staring at bushes I can take and MGS4 doesnt make sneaking through jungle painfull and dull.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 10th November 2008 at 02:00 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeaver View Post
    On the DS for the wife I bought her Animal Crossing Wild World (I think thats the full title). Honest to God she has played it every night for over a year now. Well, maybe a few nights off but thats what she plays in bed before she nods off.
    Ahh yes, almost forgot about Animal Crossing. I think thats probably because I once picked it up and then got hooked to that electronic crack. But after I found a way to cheat the game I got bored and didn't really go back to it.

If you ever want to annoy your wife, get her DS and change the calendar to a few months ahead, or a year if your feeling particularly evil. Next time she goes into the game her town will be overrun with weeds and most of her flowers will have died. Mwuuuahaahaa.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast