+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
Gaming Thread, Left4Dead in Fun Stuff; Best make a new thread with the details in. Because it's not likely to be L4D specific. I'll sticky it ...
  1. #31

    Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fylde, Lancs, UK.
    Posts
    11,804
    Thank Post
    110
    Thanked 583 Times in 504 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224
    Best make a new thread with the details in. Because it's not likely to be L4D specific. I'll sticky it for you.

  2. #32
    stratisphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    295
    Thank Post
    33
    Thanked 87 Times in 31 Posts
    Rep Power
    31
    Steam EduGeek Group

    Done... geoff i've added you as an officer (only makes sense!).

    Do I have permission to use the edugeek logo as it's avatar?

  3. #33
    silver_hippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    50
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Just downloaded the demo on 360 last night. I found it pretty enjoyable! Going to buy it as soon as I am paid... If I have any money left after bills :S

  4. #34
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,266
    Thank Post
    656
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    Been playing this all weekend,

    Playing with friends, using a PC mike is just the most fun I think I have ever had in multi player. Its a little repetitive but on Insane difficulty with a good couple of friends is just so much fun.

    I think we need a few edugeeks curing the infection one bullet at a time.

    PC Steam handle is Minkey, add me as a friend and have a laugh.

  5. #35

    Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fylde, Lancs, UK.
    Posts
    11,804
    Thank Post
    110
    Thanked 583 Times in 504 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224
    We have a steam group for EduGeek. It would be easiest to co-ordinate L4D games through that.

    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/edugeek

  6. #36

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    200
    I played this on the X360 on live last night after my girlfriend bought me the XBLive starter kit (60gb hdd and 3 months gold membership).
    It's very intense, but I still prefer to use keyboard and mouse for shootin' things. Plus I think unless you play with people you know, you still get the rambo types who love to run ahead, set off car alarms just so that they kill the most, and you end up losing health trying to save them.
    Definitely could be fun LAN party

  7. #37
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,266
    Thank Post
    656
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    I played this on the X360 on live last night after my girlfriend bought me the XBLive starter kit (60gb hdd and 3 months gold membership).
    It's very intense, but I still prefer to use keyboard and mouse for shootin' things. Plus I think unless you play with people you know, you still get the rambo types who love to run ahead, set off car alarms just so that they kill the most, and you end up losing health trying to save them.
    Definitely could be fun LAN party
    That is the problem with Xbox live

  8. #38
    silver_hippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    50
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    That is the problem with Xbox live
    Unfortunately I would agree with you. But it is good when you play with friends

  9. #39
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,266
    Thank Post
    656
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_hippo View Post
    Unfortunately I would agree with you. But it is good when you play with friends
    True, the friends option on steam is great, as you need a good team to make the most of L4D on advanced and above.

    Also running to the safe house, then going back to set off the car alarm is just so much fun with a group of like minded individuals. Body counts go through the roof, you just have to coordinate your reloads.

  10. #40
    firefox_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    200
    Thank Post
    13
    Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    Hi all

    I use to love games like this, anybody know when it may come out on PS3 or what the minimum spec for pc for this game, as mine is over 5 years old

  11. #41
    silver_hippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Isle of Man
    Posts
    50
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    True, the friends option on steam is great, as you need a good team to make the most of L4D on advanced and above.

    Also running to the safe house, then going back to set off the car alarm is just so much fun with a group of like minded individuals. Body counts go through the roof, you just have to coordinate your reloads.
    Indeed! I hate it when people are too serious! Like "Blah blah DON'T GO TOO FAR AHEAD STICK TOGETHER!!" In those circumstances i usually go set off car alarms etc Lol. I find it hilarious because they have a lil' fit!

  12. #42
    dalehopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Redcar
    Posts
    35
    Thank Post
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    amazing finished in 9 hours the day it came out...

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    36
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by silver_hippo View Post
    Just downloaded the demo on 360 last night. I found it pretty enjoyable! Going to buy it as soon as I am paid... If I have any money left after bills :S
    Same here.
    I can't really justify spending £35 on a game when I've got bills and christmas to think about..

    Been playing the demo on the Xbox almost everyday to get my hord fix.

  14. #44

    Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fylde, Lancs, UK.
    Posts
    11,804
    Thank Post
    110
    Thanked 583 Times in 504 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    Also running to the safe house, then going back to set off the car alarm is just so much fun with a group of like minded individuals. Body counts go through the roof, you just have to coordinate your reloads.
    I can beat that. On VS mode, as the tank. Throw the alarmed car at the survivors. Alarm goes off on contact.

    For extra thread spam fun, here's a novelty L4D achivement generator to use and abuse.

    http://l4d-fr.com/achievements.php?eng

    For example:


  15. #45
    ICT_GUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Weymouth
    Posts
    2,266
    Thank Post
    656
    Thanked 283 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I can beat that. On VS mode, as the tank. Throw the alarmed car at the survivors. Alarm goes off on contact.

    For extra thread spam fun, here's a novelty L4D achivement generator to use and abuse.

    L4D Achievement Generator

    For example:

    Nice with the tank and alarmed car

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •