+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Final Fantasy Online [XI] - Open Discussion in Fun Stuff; Hi all Thought I'd start a thread on Final Fantasy XI (or indeed other FF games if needs be). For ...
    Thank Post

Final Fantasy Online [XI] - Open Discussion

Hi all

Thought I'd start a thread on Final Fantasy XI (or indeed other FF games if needs be).

For those of you that are interested, here are my cur stats and info:
    [stats edit: 13-03-07 ]

World: Laksumi
    Handle: Tarquel (no way!!! lol)
    LinkShell: NewBreed (http://www.newbreedls.net/)
    Main job: RDM
    Sub job: WHM
    Jobs unlocked: BRD, SMN, PLD, BST, NIN, COR, BLU
    Job Levels: RDM 68 / WHM 38 / BLM 34 / COR 16 / SMN 20 / BRD 15 / PLD 8 / THF 15
    Job AF: RDM [Full]

(send me a message - would be good to play along side a fellow IT person in the UK the LS i'm in, is in need of UK members - to join me at suitable hours so I dont have to use matchsticks the next day at work lol)

Send me a tell ppl

Cheers,
    Nath

Thank Post

Re: FF XI - Open Discussion

isn't it a jap dungeons and dragons? Never was into that, and the kids wouldn't give me the peace & quiet to spend the quality time needed to get anywhere!

Thank Post

Thank Post

Very absorbing too - if you have the time and want to talk to other people. If you dont, then dont play this game - you just cant solo it all the way - with getting bored I would highly doubt.

Its good fun and although its like the offline games, some have been swayed by the difficulty level of the game [compared to the offline FF games] but who wants a easy game? where's the fun in that? lol

I'll be updating the first post every now and then to update stats - so it wont appear updated but check back now and then, and feel free to post your FF stats and comments/questions.

Is there no one out there that plays this?

Regards
    Nath

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

i play this, although i havent for a while. its a top game. so much to do and the ability to change jobs at a whim gives superb longevity. Its a bit of a nightmare with a keyboard and mouse haha. I have a wireless gamepad although i use the keyboard for the macros.

I'm on the remora server.

my main job is rdm too i love its versatility but i've had difficulty getting parties in crawlers nest at the times i go on. I'd started levelling blm even tho I didnt need to as such. even though you are forced to go in parties to gain levels at certain points the built in mechanics of getting in a party are such that if you arent inclined to chat much you dont have to.

Thank Post

This may help your config situation - i find it soooo easy to use and I have the macros available on the PS2 L1 & R1 buttons [hold down and up/down to go up/down the lists of them respectively].

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=s...C&title=114167

Cheap as chips to buy if ya have a PS[2] control pad. I use it for FFXI but it should be handy for any games you want to play.

I've used it with Halo [PC] for example - tho i think that sort of game is best with the mouse/keyboard combo

BTW Always someone in Crawler's Nest on Laksumi - shame u cant change servers without starting at lvl 1 again I'd welcome the company from the UK folk

Cheers
    N.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

didnt i just say i already have a wireless gamepad (which has that functionality btw) i just never got to grips with it.

i just started playing after not for 3 months. i'm so alone. my linkshell that i've been in since feb has changed again (like the 5th time)and now i dont have the requirements to get in either of the new ones.

just doing the aspir quest. how tedious getting lvl 3 windy fame then finding the damned secret door then waiting outide the 3 mage gate for like 120mins until a random person went thru using the portal charm.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by browolf
    didnt i just say i already have a wireless gamepad (which has that functionality btw) i just never got to grips with it.
    Sorry dude - I mis-read it I think

i just started playing after not for 3 months. i'm so alone. my linkshell that i've been in since feb has changed again (like the 5th time)and now i dont have the requirements to get in either of the new ones.
    Not sure i follow you there - changed? not got the requirements? */em scratches head*

just doing the aspir quest. how tedious getting lvl 3 windy fame then finding the damned secret door then waiting outide the 3 mage gate for like 120mins until a random person went thru using the portal charm.
    For BLM? Need to start lvling my BLM really - handy to warp from windy to my hp in sandy for example Its worth it just for that lol

Cheers
    Nath

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Not sure i follow you there - changed? not got the requirements? */em scratches head*
    the old linkshell was empty and the new one they were only letting in lvl50+ and rank 5+ neither of which I have. The leader tried to get me in another one but that turned out to be lvl40+ which i dont have either :-\

For BLM? Need to start lvling my BLM really - handy to warp from windy to my hp in sandy for example Its worth it just for that lol
    warp is amazingly handy. especially for the quest for the crawlers nest map. y'know the stone tablets from selbina.

i need to get rdm to 38 so i can run round valkurm and feel wanted lol. raising ppl. 1k gil a raise

crazy parties. i'm blm'ing in kazham atm. i was in a party started by a rdm with a war sub who was meleeing. there's werent any whm's around at the time. needless to say ppl nearly died lol. i was keeping ppl alive with cure I i only have rdm sub. i gave him some cookies, repeatedly explained what they did and still he wouldnt use them. luckily got a whm after a while.

Thank Post

Half my party [not me] and a few people helping out got killed last night thanks to one of our party members not taking their time in getting to us.

Damn these noob's lol

SMN 15 now - yay! Gotta get my BLM up - just so I can warp

Cheers
    Nath

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

over the xmas hols i got blm to 38 and rdm to 41. having refresh & convert is awesome, although now i'm doing whm, got to 11 and in valkurm atm. but i started playing wow. so ff is on hold for a bit.

Thank Post

i would like to try out wow - i just dont play FF enough to warrant the monthly cost even so I'm not keen on another pay monthly game lol

There's just too many pay monthly things isnt there? [not just games]

I would like to buy Guild Wars at some point - tho i fear i'd be way behind the pack now [but at least its free each month I guess lol]

Cheers
    Nath

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

just seen another new job on the upcoming expansion site. pupetteer, to go along with corsair and blue mage.

Thank Post

three new jobs eh?

Roll on next month - ~£15 well spent [I think its already out in Japan - or maybe someone was on about the 260 beta - not sure]

...and theres FF XII out too around about the same time.

I better get leveling some more now

Nath.

Thank Post

Re: Final Fantasy Online [XI] - Open Discussion

Anyone out there?

You know you wanna play it - go get it people.... then join "me" on a rather adult [or not so adult as the case may be] clan in FF....

....yes, its lonely with so few ppl from the UK in the clan i'm in

We'll transfer you over to the server i'm on if ya don't manage to end up on my one

Cheers
    Nath

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast