+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Warhammer in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Geoff I will pass the message on. Hopefully my guild leader will contact you. Whats your ingame ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I will pass the message on. Hopefully my guild leader will contact you. Whats your ingame name btw?

We have some guild forums here too btw:

Trickery Does Warhammer
    Well currently we arent forming an alliance until we know exactly what server/server type we will go for. But it never hurts to know other guilds

Our site is www.ignis-war.com

Ingame I am usually Vladimere

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I heard warhammer was kinda awful from the people I knew that played it.
    I was AoC beta and have AoC and they said out of the two AoC was better but I am not sure.
    Has the combat system improved any?
    Stability?
    Performance?

Thank Post
    It's like WoW. There are a few bugs, nothing really major, well there would be major if I was paying lol

I've got stuck between the bolt throwers a few times, not sure I should be jumping like I do on BF2, ever un elf like

AoC? Have I missed something?

Are we talking about WAR or MoC? MoC was good graphics, but was easy and rather pants.

WAR is like WoW, if you like that sort of thing then it's gd, if you like WoW and Warhammer then its bl00dy br1ll o'p4nts!

Now where's my Dwarf friend with my XXXX beer!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    AoC = Age Of Conan (18 rated for gory excellence )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I heard warhammer was kinda awful from the people I knew that played it.
    I was AoC beta and have AoC and they said out of the two AoC was better but I am not sure.
    Has the combat system improved any?
    Stability?
    Performance?
    All a matter of taste I guess, I was in the AoC beta and the WAR beta, and thought AoC was truly a terrible MMO. My predictions that AoC would see alot of sales at release followed by lots of people quitting quickly have come true.

WAR on the other hand, I have enjoyed virtually from the moment I got into beta 8 months ago. Really reminds me of the grand old days of Daoc.

The combat system has improved alot (although I found it ok to start with), stability and performance are what you would expect from a beta.

Wont be for everyone of course with its heavy slant towards PvP, but personally I love it, I actually enjoy playing the beta of WAR more than any of the currently released MMOs, so its a no brainer for me

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Performance is a lot better with the new patch. UI was clunky before, now it's swish. Plus my framerate has gone from 20 - 30fps to 90fps.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    My predictions that AoC would see alot of sales at release followed by lots of people quitting quickly have come true.
    LOL every mmo has people leaving and it was not a mass exedus and most people who I know who quit, quit because of bugs and not the actual game. They all said they would try it again in 3 months.

I will probably buy it anyway just because... (make a social group and then we can all be on the same server )

I had heard they were reworking it but I did not actually hear how it went.
    AoC has had a fair few performance issues but its getting better, I remember when WoW and Vanguard both went live (Vanguard being the worst launch game I have ever seen) and even the mighty WoW had tons of issues for ages with queues etc. In that regard AoC was vastly better.

Geoff: whats your rig running (so I can guestimate my performance)?

Thank Post
    LOL every mmo has people leaving and it was not a mass exedus and most people who I know who quit, quit because of bugs and not the actual game. They all said they would try it again in 3 months.
    The statistics say different, it was indeed an exodus, stats show that roughly 46% of the userbase have now left the game. (only Vanguard has had a larger drop in retention in the first 3 months) Thats an exodus. I'm sure lots of people "say" they will try it again in 3 months (lots said that about Vanguard, Shadowbane and Horizons, but never returned). However, WAR will be out by then and WoTLK will be knocking on the door, I doubt even half of those people will really go back and try it again. My prediction (made during late beta) that it would have large sales (due to the boobies/blood/graphics causing drool factor) but with lots of people quitting early on after seeing the game state is still correct. It did indeed have large initial sales, and lots did indeed quit quickly. Its exactly what happened. (at the same time I made that prediction, I predicted that WAR would do nearly the opposite, smaller initial sales (due to the graphics turning some non-understanding folk off), followed by a steady increase in subs as people see videos of some of the large scale fighting and think it actually looks fun and try it out)

Theres a simple reason why theres an exodus too, its because AoC came out way way too soon. They billed it as a PvP game, yet its pvp is awful , consisting of one-shots, unbalanced classes and virtually no point to the actual PvP. They massively, and I mean MASSIVELY, hyped up the sieges prior to release. Yet not once did they actually allow us to beta test the sieges, as a result the sieges have been largely broken since release.

They hugely concentrated on the Tortage section of the game, knowing that it was the part which would get reviewed by magazines and sites, and that it would hook people in early on. Sadly alot of Post-Tortage suffered as a result of that decision.

AoC could have been a decent solo game, or possibly even a NWN style LAN game. It could even still yet make a semi decent PvE game. But billing it and hyping it as a PvP game, when you didnt even have a PvP system in place , let alone working and balanced at release was a massive mistake. What they should have done was delay the launch by another 6-9 months and for gods sake let us beta testers actually test the content instead of refusing to let us test.

As I say though, all a matter of taste, hell there are still people playing Vanguard, Horizons and Shadowbane, so just goes to show that theres always someone to like every variety of game.
    Last edited by Jake; 15th August 2008 at 08:37 AM.

Thank Post
    whats your rig running (so I can guestimate my performance)?
    No idea what framerates I am getting as I havent checked, but everything is running smoothly for me, and I've been involved in some pretty largescale Keep battles with my guild (we had 30 guildmembers plus maybe another 15-20 pug people who turned up..I think the attackers had around 30-maybe 50 people, was hard to say as some kept moving away to attack stragglers..but roughly almost 100 people in the vicinity)

My specs,

AMD X2 6000+
    4 Gig Ram
    768mb Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX
    Running Vista
    VM 20mb connection
    Last edited by Jake; 15th August 2008 at 08:39 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Geoff: whats your rig running (so I can guestimate my performance)?
    AMD64 X2 3800+ (overclocked to 2.4Ghz), 2Gb ram, Geforce 8800GTS 640mb, onboard sound, XP SP2.

Thank Post
    Hello Jake - Guess who.

WAR's Looking good sofar

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So who picked this up then?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    So who picked this up then?
    Lets just say I spent a year ridiculing this game, and a year drooling over Conan.

Conan isn't even installed on my machine any more.

WAR is my second most played game at the moment, behind Football Manager. Then again, that's not being displaced by anything other than the next Football Manager game.

Barber - Chosen (i think? chaos healer) - Karak Eight Peaks Chaos side.

Thank Post
    Got it, playing it, just hit lv15. Join a guide, rather by accident lol.

Am on Karah Ugor, which is rather empty so WAR keep telling me!

My name character name is a boring one, mattipswich

I can't give to a linky to my stats etc, as they've only done it for the UK

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information