+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Wii PES08 in Fun Stuff; So has anyone played this? What is the control system like?...

Thank Post

Wii PES08

So has anyone played this? What is the control system like?

Thank Post
    what is it?

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Pro Evo Soccer on the Wii. It's supposed to have some snazzy control system but it looks confusing on the ads. Just wondered if anyone had played it before I shell out for it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yeah, the ad looks mental. Be interested to see if it works or it just induces brain-dribbling confusion and dislocated eyeballs.

IGN review here (8.9)

Closing Comments:
    As the first entry in the series on the Wii, Pro Evolution 2008 is remarkable. It’s a credit to the Konami team that their solution to the Wii-mote manages to stick so readily, and it’s a sign that developers are finally beginning to un-tap the potential of the machine. Providing a free-flowing football experience like no other before it, it’s not only the best title of its sort on the Wii, but also an indicator of what’s possible for the genre as a whole when genuine innovation is applied.
    Seems mostly favourable and banishes the potential "gimmick" tag perhaps.

Thank Post
    My brother plays it, and apparently it is totally different to any other PES, but quite likeable - you can pull off some stunning moves. I'm told the online play is so bad as to be worthless though.

Thank Post
    I've had it for a few weeks and have to say really enjoying the controls. Took awhile to get used to it, the training features are very good and is taking awhile to implenment the more complex moves in the matches but on the whole think it's brilliant. Not tried online yet so cannot comment on that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_newton View Post
    My brother plays it, and apparently it is totally different to any other PES, but quite likeable - you can pull off some stunning moves. I'm told the online play is so bad as to be worthless though.
    I've played it online on a PS3 - and the online play is generally pritty good. But I am still yet to play it on a wii!

Thank Post
    On the wii it's pretty good, I'm use to PES from the PS2 and PC though and it was a shock at just how different the control system is. It does work though, but you have to practice and can't just throw the controllers to a mate and have a game if he/she hasn't played it before.

Once you get the hang of the controls it's outstanding though, being able to move/pass and control half your team is just great fun, it's very, very rewarding and near impossible to just run up and shoot from the same spot, with the same angle and score every time!

Thank Post
    the next gen versions were awful of pes. pretty much the ps2 version on the next gen butthe wii versions seems to look smart. they've finally taken their time to iron out the bugs in this years version of the game! unfortunately..i think fifa pipped it this year!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information