+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, School LAN Gaming Club... in Fun Stuff; ive thought about doom and duke yeah, but unfortunately its what the kids enjoy playing, not me. i'd love allied ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    ive thought about doom and duke yeah, but unfortunately its what the kids enjoy playing, not me.
    i'd love allied assault but i love playing the team style games, anything where team play is needed, but it seems kids nowadays just like FFA games where you can go all rambo and don't need backup from other people.
    thats why i loved team fortress, it relied on teamwork. especially the teamfortress classic (HL version) built around 'hunted'....where one person just has an umbrella as a weapon, and hsi team have to protect him, while snipers try to kill him. amazing teamwork and great fun if played LAN

Thank Post
    i can see your point. how about something along the lines of ghost recon or rainbow six in terms of teamplay? you cant run out all guns blazing in those types of games

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwired007 View Post
    what games should i buy? issues with licensing? age restrictions?
    Does the new SimCity game have a multi-player / network option? There's also Spore, in a similar sort of vein. More vaguely educational. I know I looked at Stronghold a couple of times to see if we could actually use it as part of the curriculum. Same might go for a World War I simulation.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    Does the new SimCity game have a multi-player / network option? There's also Spore, in a similar sort of vein. More vaguely educational. I know I looked at Stronghold a couple of times to see if we could actually use it as part of the curriculum. Same might go for a World War I simulation.

--
    David Hicks
    Thats what i thought about battlefiend 1942... there's a lot of historical battles recreated and quite a lot of information at the start or every battle about the real event...

Thank Post
    I'd start by finding out which kids have steam accounts and get a bit of a survey on the go as to what games they've already purchased.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We ran unreal but not ideal as the school could look bad even going against an advisory restriction.

Easily hosted by any client tho' and we just added the shortcut after school, and removed it at the end of the session. Same with our racing game..

Trackmania Nations - completely free and suitable for all ages - great graphics and insane gameplay that's also challenging. You can build your own levels too and race them with your group. Some amazing community tracks out there too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12