Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Xbox 360

3 42.86%
  • PS3

4 57.14%
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox360 or Ps3 in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Michael HD-DVD natively holds 30GB with a proposed specification of 51GB (which was meant to beat Blu-ray). ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    HD-DVD natively holds 30GB with a proposed specification of 51GB (which was meant to beat Blu-ray).

Blu-ray holds 25GB single and 50GB double sided. Sony said eventually they'll add more layers, so discs which can hold 200GB are only a matter of years away!
    Half if not more of the games you buy don't even fill a DVD. Some wouldn't even fill a CD (bust a move on XBOX 600MB if i remember right).

I wouldn't judge a console purchase on the capacity of the discs as they are very rarely fully utilised.

I prefer the Wii. I don't like the 360 since it has issues of overheating and i have reserved my judgement of the PS 3 for while whilst it catches up with the rest of the console market in games.

It usually took a little longer for the PS 2 games as the emotion engine was apparently a bugger to code for.

Does the same problem exist with the PS 3?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    why anyone would want to play games online and listen to 13 year old "l33t hax0rs" shout obscenities at them is beyond me
    obviously playing the wrong games then! ive not heard any foul mouthed "13 year olds" playing call of duty

Thank Post
    You do get 13 year old kids moaning on COD4, but that's to be expected with any popular game. Just try and play with the right people.

It's just fun shooting them in the head.

Overall Xbox Live is fantastic.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    hahah... we were doing some ear bashing on COD4 t'other night... taking the mickey out of the foriegn peoples and then they got angry and shouting... most amusing!!

We're called tera_dragon on PS3 if I've harrassed you I am most apologetic!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    I wouldn't judge a console purchase on the capacity of the discs as they are very rarely fully utilised.
    I'm not judging the console purely on its optical disc capacity, however you have to bear in mind games like Resistance Fall of Man (for example) actually use 18GB of the available 25GB single sided Blu-ray disc.
    In the world of high definition graphics/visuals the capacity is needed for movies and games otherwise they'd be no point inventing Blu-ray at all!?

As the PS3 matures, so do developer skills and the tools they use to make bigger, better and more detailed games. The PS3 has capacity to grow.

The Wii is a good console, but it's not for me. I feel the playability is a lot of fun with a group of friends, but the graphics haven't moved on since Nintendo 64. My personal opinion is that Nintendo went in too low with their Wii hardware specifications. You could debate a lot of games on the PS2 look better than they do on Wii. The end result is the bigger titles will never be released for Wii, such as GTA and CoD4.

I don't think PS3 is any more difficult to program for, but then again I'm not a programmer! I think it all depends what Development Kits software houses are given, but also, there's inevitably going to be a learning curve for the programmer too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't think PS3 is any more difficult to program for, but then again I'm not a programmer! I think it all depends what Development Kits software houses are given, but also, there's inevitably going to be a learning curve for the programmer too.
    You are right about the Dev kits, lots of the developers were complaining about it in the begining. It is more difficult to code for though as the processor architecture is much more parallel than most other systems. This forces the developers to split their application into multiple threads to gain the most from the system. This is really hard as these individual processes must all be able to exchange information and share resources without getting into an argument (race condition) and bringing down the system. At the moment not very many people are that good at truly taking advantage of parallel programming (supercomputer/mainframe OS programmers) and millions have been invested in building new tools to help make better use of the newer hardware.

Oh and my vote is for the 360 at the moment as its networking features are far superior which for the moment makes them easier to use and more communal.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    hahah... we were doing some ear bashing on COD4 t'other night... taking the mickey out of the foriegn peoples and then they got angry and shouting... most amusing!!

We're called tera_dragon on PS3 if I've harrassed you I am most apologetic!
    ah-ha so you're the bugger i blew away with my barret 50. sniper add me on the ps3 might bump into you sometime!

Thank Post
    Have to admit that I find Rainbox Six: Vegas 2 on the Xbox 360 (Xbox Live) much more fun online than COD4; just because I prefer the game play.

COD4 is great online and it is a good feeling to get your own back on people online; but a better feeling doing it on Vegas 2. =P

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    ah-ha so you're the bugger i blew away with my barret 50. sniper add me on the ps3 might bump into you sometime!
    in all fairness it probably wasn't me... it was probably Pete...

but yes, add and stuff!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    Have to admit that I find Rainbox Six: Vegas 2 on the Xbox 360 (Xbox Live) much more fun online than COD4; just because I prefer the game play.

COD4 is great online and it is a good feeling to get your own back on people online; but a better feeling doing it on Vegas 2. =P
    pretty tempted to go and get that this weekend for the ps3 looks brilliant!

Thank Post
    I completed rainbow 6 las vegas: 2 this week (gotta love easter holidays), and i've been playing online like i did the original rainbow 6 las vegas. Gotta agree the gameplay is much better than COD4. Just need to unlock some more achievements now....... another reason to get the 360 instead of a PS3 if your buying it to play games, like i did (which is what a games console is for) the PS3's "Entitlement" is a naff copy of Xbox's achievements.

Thank Post
    A friend of mine has an Xbox 360 and a PS3 we hooked them up and played the same game side by side, to compare (cannot remember the game) and the PS3 played it alot better, smoother and no hitches, the xbox paused slightly (split second) on some graphical scenes. The PS3 general played, looked and performed better.

I will be getting a PS3 in June for my b'day.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotmk View Post
    A friend of mine has an Xbox 360 and a PS3 we hooked them up and played the same game side by side, to compare (cannot remember the game) and the PS3 played it alot better, smoother and no hitches, the xbox paused slightly (split second) on some graphical scenes. The PS3 general played, looked and performed better.

I will be getting a PS3 in June for my b'day.
    I wouldnt base your judgement on one game. The VAST majority of games play better on the xbox. Certain games are pretty much unplayable on the ps3 due to bad coding

Thank Post
    Picking up the PS3 update tonight... GT5: Prologue online tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 815 Posts
    Blog Entries
    GT 5 (PS3) Vs Forza Motorsport 2 (360):
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (ps3: 2008): Reviews
    Forza Motorsport 2 (xbox360: 2007): Reviews

Nuff said really. 10 points is a LOT on metacritic. GT5 highest rating doesnt even get close to the forza average rating.
    It is early but I doubt the number will change too much for GT 5

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information