Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Xbox 360

3 42.86%
  • PS3

4 57.14%
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox360 or Ps3 in Fun Stuff; Word on the street (or afterdawn really) is that the bluray production cost are now cheaper so we should see ...

Thank Post
    Word on the street (or afterdawn really) is that the bluray production cost are now cheaper so we should see a price reduction in the PS3 sometime soon. But then again it is Sony so who thinks it will come to the UK?

After all they screw us with every other over-priced item to come from anywhere else in the world.

Thank Post
    Personally I like the Xbox 360, but that's mainly because I have one and I love Xbox Live - the alternative PS3 online play doesn't compare for me and those who have both consoles say the 360 is better in that regard.

That said, the PS3 does have some good selling points such as exclusive console games (Kill Zone etc (unless I'm mistaken)) but so does the 360. You have to see which games you want to play, and if you are a fan of "playing together" online.

Microsoft dropped their prices for the 360 series of consoles, Sony will probably do so in the next couple of months.

If you want a 360, get one with a harddrive (120gb preferable) as the 20gb isn't that big (I have one) and a memory card doesn't cut it.

Thank Post
    Don't you have to go for the Elite pack 360 to get HDMI output?

If truth be told (despite having had a 360 and now a PS3) I'd buy a Wii for sheer entertainment and Mario Kart is out soon!!!

Thank Post
    I have mine running through a VGA cable, amazing quality.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollings View Post
    Don't you have to go for the Elite pack 360 to get HDMI output?

If truth be told (despite having had a 360 and now a PS3) I'd buy a Wii for sheer entertainment and Mario Kart is out soon!!!
    I think the new normal consoles have a hdmi port on the back as well.

Thank Post
    My lad has a premium and it has an hdmi built in, and it came with a component lead for a LCD telly anyway!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    my xbox has died TWICE now... so they can get bent!

Bought a ps3 and the fact it is free online instead of 30something a year is much better. I like the controller... the controllers charge off the console (no millions of recharable batteries hanging around)

Graphics are about the same.

Personally, you should look at the games which are just xbox 360 and just ps3 and see which ones you would like the most.

If you are like me though... you would want every console going so you don't miss out on everything.

To conclude.... BUY BOTH!!

Thank Post
    Any advise on best place to buy a 360 from ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    game or gamestation are my bags... you get bundle deals.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    I'm a PS3 owner, although I like both 360 and PS3, the PS3 is the better console in my opinion.

PS3 without a doubt is manufactured to a much higher quality than the 360. I don't recall coming across a single article of a failed PS3. That's not to say they don't exist, but they're very far and few.

The PS3 is definitely a multimedia console, whereas I find the 360 isn't as much. Although I am a PC user as well, I can imagine it would appeal to lots of gamers to save their pictures, music and video all in one area. The PS3 also allows you to install any notebook hard drive to expand its capacity, but unfortunately you cannot do this on the 360.

The PS3 is also free to play online (which is what it should be). Both Microsoft and recently Nintendo charge for online gaming, which when you think about it soon mounts up! All PS3 consoles also have integrated HDMI, Blu-ray and Wireless Networking.
    Microsoft clearly are playing catch up as they continually keep revising their console. Personally (as a customer) this would greatly frustrate me, especially with the probability MS will integrate a Blu-ray drive in another console revision. Of course this would mean playable HD movies and larger, more detailed graphics due to Blu-ray's huge disc capacity. It makes a lot of sense, but at the same time, if you do some quick maths the reason PS3 is more expensive is because it has more features/technologies as standard.

If you wish to use Wireless Networking on the 360 (for example), this costs around 60.00. The 360 overall probably would work out more expensive.
    Last edited by Michael; 11th March 2008 at 01:57 PM.

Thank Post
    My honest advice is this:

LOOK AT THE GAMES.

I've not bought a 360 OR a PS3 and I'm quite an avid gamer. The reason being is that none of the games on either platform impress me enough to actually want to purchase either console. If there's games on either console that warrant your purchase then go for it, otherwise there's no point in getting a console just for the sake of getting one.

What kind of games do you like?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The PS3 is definitely a multimedia console, whereas I find the 360 isn't as much. Although I am a PC user as well, I can imagine it would appeal to lots of gamers to save their pictures, music and video all in one area.
    This statement is wrong, plain and simple. The xbox has had multimedia features all throughout and it even links to media center as a dvr for free (if you have the PC). I can plug cameras/usb sticks into my xbox and view them as well as over the network from a PC. XVID works over the network also.
    One feature I can on the xbox which the ps3 cant do which is multimedia related is the ability to play my mp3s on my pc WHILE playing a game, aka making a custom soundtrack. This is VERY useful and I enjoy listening to my own music while playing an array of games such as Tiger Woods etc. It does not have blue-ray but it pretty much matches the list for the ps3 abilities and more and you can use DVR and network the saved programs to other things unlike the ps3 upcoming DVR attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    especially with the probability MS will integrate a Blu-ray drive in another console revision. Of course this would mean playable HD movies and larger, more detailed graphics due to Blu-ray's huge disc capacity.
    Unlikely since they have actually on (and unofficially) stated a EXTERNAL blue-ray drive may come.

Its cheaper, lots more games for less and there is really nothing "exclusive" of true worth (e.g. like the halo effect) for the ps3 yet so I would wait anyway if the ps3 was my choice.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 11th March 2008 at 02:43 PM.

Thank Post
    well im in to shooting games, driving games, action, some games i like the sound of are GTA 4, need for speed series, pgr, tomb raider, cod4.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    This statement is wrong, plain and simple. The xbox has had multimedia features all throughout and it even links to media center as a dvr for free (if you have the PC). I can plug cameras/usb sticks into my xbox and view them as well as over the network from a PC. XVID works over the network also.
    One feature I can on the xbox which the ps3 cant do which is multimedia related is the ability to play my mp3s on my pc WHILE playing a game, aka making a custom soundtrack. This is VERY useful and I enjoy listening to my own music while playing an array of games such as Tiger Woods etc. It does not have blue-ray but it pretty much matches the list for the ps3 abilities and more and you can use DVR and network the saved programs to other things unlike the ps3 upcoming DVR attempt.

Unlikely since they have actually on (and unofficially) stated a EXTERNAL blue-ray drive may come.

Its cheaper, lots more games for less and there is really nothing "exclusive" of true worth (e.g. like the halo effect) for the ps3 yet so I would wait anyway if the ps3 was my choice.
    slap me down on this if i'm wrong, but i bought a magazine article recently which basically stated that all of the xbox360's advanced multimedia capabilities were only possible with a WMC pc somewhere on you're home network. And that it's not complete as a multimedia device standalone i.e without WMC.

I'll have to try and dig out the article to make sure i'm not getting my wires crossed....but from what i recall that was the gist of the piece.

Thank Post
    You only have to have a WMC PC if you want to stream video, you can play music accross the network qute happily without it as i do. You do need MP11 though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information