+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Java problem with Runescape server in Fun Stuff; Hi, Im trying to set up my own custom rs server but whenever i try and start the server i ...

Thank Post

Java problem with Runescape server

Hi, Im trying to set up my own custom rs server but whenever i try and start the server i get an error message. Can any1 give me any tips to try and fix the problems.

Ty Brendan

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren-Plus View Post
    Hi, Im trying to set up my own custom rs server but whenever i try and start the server i get an error message. Can any1 give me any tips to try and fix the problems.
    The screenshot you gave is output from Java, not Javascript. Java (typically) runs server-side, Javascript is (generally) run client-side in a web browser.

The error message says exactly what it means: Java can't find the "PlayerHandler" or "misc" class definitions. My guess is that you need to include something in your (server-side) Java CLASSPATH, or place a JAR file with a bunch of libraries in it in a library folder someplace. I assume you have a web server somewhere that you are trying to install this on? Where does it want Java files put (check the documentation for your server)?

What's an "rs server", by the way - Runescape?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    I take it you mean Java rather than JavaScript?

Looks like your app isn't linking to the JRE properly.

Thank Post
    Thnx for the help. That last problem is sorted now and it says the server is online but when i try and connect using localhost an error comes up again and it closes.

And yea it is runescape. If anyone knows anything about it im using Project Czar. I did have a simple one set up a few days ago working but it was riddeled with faults and glitches aswell as there were no NPC's and evryone became admin. lol

Thnx Brendan
    Last edited by Warren-Plus; 23rd February 2008 at 03:39 PM.

Thank Post
    TBH... this server sounds a little on the buggy-side. Have you tried connecting via your 'proper' IP address?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren-Plus View Post
    That last problem is sorted now and it says the server is online but when i try and connect using localhost an error comes up again and it closes.
    How did you sort that error message? Your new error message says pretty much exactly the same kind of thing as the last one - the Java runtime can't find the class definition it's looking for. You probably need to add a JAR or CLASS file to the Java interpreter's CLASSPATH, or move a JAR file to the interpreter's library directory. What web server are you using - Apache, Tomcat? Both of those will have default locations for you to add library file to.

And yea it is runescape. If anyone knows anything about it im using Project Czar. I did have a simple one set up a few days ago working but it was riddeled with faults and glitches aswell as there were no NPC's and evryone became admin.
    You might get better support from a Runescape board, people there will have a bit more experience with the system you're trying to install. I'm judging from the screenshot that you're running this server on your home desktop system, are you going to leave it on the whole time for people to connect to?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Yea ive tried with my proper IP address and i get the same thing.

Yea im gonna run it from my computer and like most of the others do just run it whenever i can. Hardly any of the servers are up constantly some only 1 hour a day.

Ill try it again and see what files im missing.

Thnx Brendan

EDIT: Ive now found a different server to use which does work (Most of the time) Thanks for all the help. If anyone plays on private rs servers come join me on 80.42.206.215

I have got another problem now. When i was messin about with the old one i somehow ruined my java in my browser and it wont work. Any1 know how i can fix it.

Thnx Brendan
    Last edited by Warren-Plus; 24th February 2008 at 09:38 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread