+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Destiny Beta Access in Fun Stuff; Got this for pre-ordering the game and I'm quite enjoying it so far. Feels a bit like borderlands mixed with ...
    Thank Post

Destiny Beta Access

Got this for pre-ordering the game and I'm quite enjoying it so far. Feels a bit like borderlands mixed with Halo plus a few MORPG elements thrown in for good measure.

I also have a couple of spare codes for the PS4 version if anyone wants to try it out.

Anyone else playing it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Got this for pre-ordering the game and I'm quite enjoying it so far. Feels a bit like borderlands mixed with Halo plus a few MORPG elements thrown in for good measure.

I also have a couple of spare codes for the PS4 version if anyone wants to try it out.

Anyone else playing it?
    If you have a spare code for PS4 I'd happily take one off your hands... want to see what all the fuss is about...

Thank Post
    I'm in, finished mission 3 this morning, but won't be back on now til next week. I like the fact we've actually got some story behind it now, Alpha was just gameplay, but we're getting an idea of how it's all gonna play out now.

Have you tried the competitive yet? That was great back in Alpha, just like the old halo 3 days.

Thank Post
    If there's still a PS4 code going, I'll happily take it off your hands - after all, we don't want unused codes cluttering the place up, do we?

Thank Post
    Beta codes all gone I'm afraid!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    I'm in, finished mission 3 this morning, but won't be back on now til next week. I like the fact we've actually got some story behind it now, Alpha was just gameplay, but we're getting an idea of how it's all gonna play out now.

Have you tried the competitive yet? That was great back in Alpha, just like the old halo 3 days.
    Played some of the deathmatch tonight. I like how you can jump back and forth between co-op and competitive inbetween swapping and upgrading your weapons. It's pretty satisfying and the balance seems fairly well done too. I still wish this was coming out on PC though as I much prefer playing FPS games with a mouse. There are rumours but nothing confirmed yet and I don't think I could stand waiting >6 months after the console release to get my mitts on the full game.

My only minor niggle are that whilst the graphics are nice I wouldn't say they're anything we haven't seen before, and I don't want to sound like a broken record on this one, but it's noticeable that it isn't running at native 1080p! They are supposed to be aiming for it with the final release though so there's still time left for it to be fixed....

Thank Post
    How is Destiny to play? Everything I seen looks rather good. What is everyones take on it?
    Last edited by Grey-gear; 21st July 2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Correct spelling

Thank Post
    I bought an XBOne ready for the Beta

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey-gear View Post
    How is Destiny to play? Everything I seen looks rather good. What is everyones take on it?
    Plays really well, good flow in movement with the additional jumps / hover for certain classes, combined with gear abilities that can do anything from increased slide distance to faster rocket reloads.

The weapon abilities are a really nice system too, as you level up you gain abilities and stat boosts, nice and straight forwards. As you use certain weapons, you can also purchase extra abilities for them. My rocket launcher now has a faster travel speed, but a reduced splash radius, and a nice speedy reload.

The multiplayer may as well just be Halo again, at the minute I think it's just Control, which is basically Domination, but it plays really well. Just wish there was more of a balance between the classes, so far nobody seems to play titan and it took me 6 games to get my 25 titan kill bounty :P

Thank Post
    Managed to get a few game last night, didn't like PvP at all, another boring arena fps. Main game in big more open maps teaming up against big enemies or groups was great.

Thank Post
    @DMcGuigan thanks, will be looking in to getting this when it is lunched.

Thank Post
    Definitely worth pre-ordering if you haven't already IMO. It's the first game I've played for a while that feels genuinely fresh, new and 'next-gen' in terms of what it offers though obviously it's out on the PS3/360 as well.

As long as Bungie manage to keep adding variety in the other planets/levels and don't go too over the top charging EA style for DLC content then I think it's going to be fantastic.

Good quick review here that pretty much echoes my thoughts.
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 21st July 2014 at 08:01 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Managed to get a few game last night, didn't like PvP at all, another boring arena fps. Main game in big more open maps teaming up against big enemies or groups was great.
    I kinda wanted a big team up when I was playing, but nobody seemed to know how to take out the Fallen Walkers. Ended up being me on a roof with rockets taking out the big meanies with a few guys on mob control. Worked quite well, but felt like I was the only one doing anything to actually complete the mission as I could only see the walker lol.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Planning to pick this up along with a white PS4 next week.

Thank Post
    Really keep wanting to play this... as it does look good... and seems like a great scifi storyline

But I really just cant switch to playing an fps with a controller after all these years on mouse and keyboard!

Lets hope a pc version is in the works and coming soon!!!

PS. Have been enjoying playing Firefall lately - good for a casual pickup and blast game - and its scifi!
    Last edited by siuko; 2nd September 2014 at 03:00 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast