+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, DOTA2 in Fun Stuff; Anyone play this? I've been having fun in a set team of 4 plus a random unknown person joining in ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

DOTA2

Anyone play this? I've been having fun in a set team of 4 plus a random unknown person joining in who adds extra fun as we try second guess what they will do! Playing support role as Lion at the moment but still need to learn how to initiate properly.

Thank Post
    Yaaarp!
    Big DOTA 2 player here. (And by 'Big' I mean 'Feeds endlessly on a daily basis', not 'Pro') clocking over 1,000 games so far.

Started solo-queing recently.. Only a few more games until I find out my MMR.. I dread the moment..

Thank Post
    I've dabbled, not much though. It's the kinda game that doesn't seem to fun to me playing solo, and none of the guys I normally play with stray too far from WoW / Action Games. I tend to play Clinkz though when I am playing.

Thank Post
    Edugeek DOTA Team? Maybe?

I usually play support. Aggressively. So I can fit in to pretty much any game (even if my team picked 4 carries)

Lina, Crystal Maiden, Vengeful Spirit, Death Prophet, Disruptor, Bane etc. I do dabble with more carry-like heroes, though, sometimes.

Thank Post
    I played for a while but couldn't get into it, I think I'm too accustomed to LoL unfortunately (though I don't really play that anymore either..)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's definitely more fun on voice comms with a team. My team runs Weds nights but up for games with others outside then. Beware though, my streak of wins is due to teamwork against crippled opponents that tend to rage quit halfway before we steal the ancient from under their nose. :P

Thank Post
    I dont play it much anymore but used to play the original and HoN and LoL almost every minute I had the chance. Then we all grew up and got jobs and such so we don't play much anymore. When I do play know it only with 4 other people I know. Cant stand the community that these games attract.

Thank Post
    I just popped in here to see if anyone played this, i have for a while now but it's a bit of a love-hate relationship with it. Think i've played about 650 games so far, my mmr is pants though and i still think the most stupid thing they ever did was assigning a number to someones skill level.

My hero pool is somewhat limited bloodseeker, viper, lion, axe, treant, windranger, vengeful and a pretty bad kunkka are pretty much all i play...luckily one of those generally fits most games, and when they don't i clench the butt cheeks and click random.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I tried playing it outside of a fixed team, public matches are a bit painful with the lack of co-ordination.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I tried playing it outside of a fixed team, public matches are a bit painful with the lack of co-ordination.
    Yea you either stomp or get stomped in public games. Often get the better games on the US East servers than you do on the EU ones though. My weekend result from 7 solo mmr games was 6 wins 1 loss

Thank Post
    @mrbios, don't lie to us. Russians are everywhere.*

* Not racist, but many Russians openly admit to queueing every region, every language, every game type just to get a game. Most of the people that do aren't particularly good team players, either.

Thank Post
    It's not racist, it's gameist! I hate russians in games, nothing against them outside of it (except that putin chap, he's a ****) but in dota i detest them! Americans have a similar issue with brazilians i think.

Thank Post
    Ah but (so I hear) there's a legit reason for that: Apparently the 'actual' Brazillian servers are terrible and they get better pings by queuing US East/US West.

Thank Post
    HoN player here... Just can't stand the feel of dota.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information