+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, 7 Days to die in Fun Stuff; Anyone else playing 7 Days To Die? I've been struggling to find a game recently that keeps my attention for ...
    Thank Post

7 Days to die

Anyone else playing 7 Days To Die? I've been struggling to find a game recently that keeps my attention for more than an hour but this is causing that time loss experience where you look at the clock and it's 9:30 then you look ten minutes later and it's after midnight! It a zombie based survival game with scavenging, crafting and the ability to build your own fortifications to keep the hordes out. I never got into MineCraft but I'm loving this. It's still in Alpha but I've not had any crashes or anything yet. There's still plenty of development to do but it's very playable and multi player to boot! I'm still learning the game but it would be good to get an Edugeek server running if there is interest.

ps it's currently part of the Steam sale.
    Last edited by ChrisH; 28th June 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Minecraft was OK around 1.4 then i lost interest. This game sounds a lot like DayZ mod which I'm into at the moment.

Thank Post
    Yes it's the same sort of thing as Day Z but with the added building element allowing you to design your base of operations. I'm currently living underground until I have enough resources.
    Last edited by ChrisH; 29th June 2014 at 03:14 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's on my wishlist, i keep hovering over the buy button, but end up buying other games....

Thank Post
    Its got bags of potential, I'm really enjoying it in alpha so I can't wait to see the final release. I'm sure this game will be the best in some sort of co-operative mode. I've not ventured onto a public server yet but I'm going to try later, lets see how long before I get killed for the contents of my backpack like on Day Z

Thank Post
    I was knocked out last night in DayZ. Woke back up and they had taken everything, including my clothes!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Haha!
    So tempted. I really wish The Forest would load on my laptop too.
    I have so many games at the moment...

Thank Post
    I bought Far Cry 3 which I got bored with and the whole Bio Shock series which I haven't touched yet. I really enjoyed the new Wolfenstein game but it doesn't take long too complete a game like that

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I got Far Cry 3, looks good but haven't had the brain space to give it a good go.

BioShock Infinite is amazing!!!! AMAZING! The story....i loved it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I picked up all DLC for Europa Universalis 4 and the DLC pack for Crusader Kings 2.

A handful have caught my eye but not been in a flash sale so will keep an eye out tomorrow and hope.

Thank Post
    Well today's lesson is don't swing a spiked club next to a petrol pump, it doesn't end well!

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Yep me and bro been on 7d2d since release.

Very fun game and is shockingly difficult when you start out... esp if you encounter a 200+ strong running horde.... (dont ask).

You're not safe anywhere.... well maybe underground

Thank Post
    Hmmmm, I did look into this game although I have DayZ and it seemed the same to me, I haven't played DayZ for that long it's far too buggy imo! The graphics on this game looked mediocre at best and I have heard horror stories of the bugs associated with this game, plus it's quite expensive so I think I'll stay clear for now! @ChrisH have you tried Rust? They're doing a huge update in a couple of weeks that just looks awesome, I have over 300 hours on the game, Love it!

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Its in alpha and updated every week.

Talk about burning a game early.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Its in alpha and updated every week.

Talk about burning a game early.
    Hmm, it's been out for around a year now, I know that "Alpha" means the game is still in early development blah blah, and it means if there's something wrong then the users report it though what does anger me is the high price tags on games that are coming out which just blatantly aren't finished.
    Alpha used to be a term where by a special developer or user would gain access to an early piece of software or hardware and would help them towards their goal of making it a finished product but since most games nowadays are being portrayed as Alpha but being released to the general public at a fee I think half the time it's an excuse.

I get annoyed at how we are all just expected after paying for a game that doesn't work properly to just accept it and not care because it's in alpha. It seems a cheeky way early game devs are getting money from people with a game that doesn't work.

My argument is at least make sure the game is playable before releasing it, a few small bugs here and there aren't a problem, Rust is in Alpha but that seems really polished, never had a problem and feels like a finished game imo as it is now, it's just nice the game devs are still developing updates to make it even better by listening to the community, I think that's how it should be release a finished game but allow the community to comment and make suggestions on what else would improve the game, therefore improve the gameplay experience rather than fixing huge bugs!

As I say it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it! Hence the reason I don't tend to buy games that are still in Alpha, if I'm paying that sort of money I want a game that works properly thanks not some bodged up thing that crashes or is unplayable!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast