+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Gaming Thread, Steam Summer Sale in Fun Stuff; ...
    Thank Post
    My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £2174.65 (£756.04 with sales)
    • Games owned: 242
    • Games not played: 106 (44%)
    • Hours spent: 3,322.6h

Eurgh, it's not wrong when it says "get disapointed in your life" lol, of course this doesn't take into account any micro-transactiosn you've done in games like dota etc i guess. So it gets even worse!

and ot think those "hours spent" are far below what they should be. I probably have another 1000 hours (or more!) on CSS alone back in my competitive playing days.

EDIT: wow if i'd have only ever bought CSS, L4D2 and got Dota free those alone would have accounted for over 2000hours on record.....and that would have been £15-30. erk
    Last edited by mrbios; 7th July 2014 at 01:19 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,001 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    69% not played is a bit embarrassing, innit?
    Mine is even worse.

• Worth: £1,876.72 (£571.68 with sales)
    • Games owned: 217
    • Games not played: 187 (86%)
    • Hours spent: 198.4h

Thank Post
    Worth: £490.18
    Games owned:57
    Games not played:26 (46%)
    Hours spent: 2,824.6h

Not too bad

Thank Post
    Games that I got during this years summer sale, think I managed to get most at the lowest sale price and got a few games for missus to play:

Reus
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    The Swapper
    Bioshock Tripple Pack
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
    Don't Stave
    SpaceChem
    The Witcher 2
    Braid
    Super Meat Boy
    Brothers
    Bastion

Biggest surprise out of those was Braid, which I think i've played the most (of my newest additions), still trying to figure out Reus and few not really played yet. I also struggle to tear myself away from Assetto Corsa which I've been into since early access release, and now there is an onslaught of community modded tracks appearing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd101 View Post
    Games that I got during this years summer sale, think I managed to get most at the lowest sale price and got a few games for missus to play:

Reus
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    The Swapper
    Bioshock Tripple Pack
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
    Don't Stave
    SpaceChem
    The Witcher 2
    Braid
    Super Meat Boy
    Brothers
    Bastion

Biggest surprise out of those was Braid, which I think i've played the most (of my newest additions), still trying to figure out Reus and few not really played yet. I also struggle to tear myself away from Assetto Corsa which I've been into since early access release, and now there is an onslaught of community modded tracks appearing.
    What is Assetto Corsa like!?!? I've seen it on Steam, it's been tempting me for ages, but wanted to talk to someone who will give me an honest opinion on it?! I've got the new Grid: Autosport which is my current addiction. Trying DayZ again too, need someone to play that with though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    What is Assetto Corsa like!?!? I've seen it on Steam, it's been tempting me for ages, but wanted to talk to someone who will give me an honest opinion on it?! I've got the new Grid: Autosport which is my current addiction. Trying DayZ again too, need someone to play that with though.
    Ok a little background on me, I have been a huge Sim Racing fan since I discovered REVS on the BBC B when I was at school, I've gone through various sims/games up till now Geoff Crammonds GP2, Grand Prix Legends, GTR, GTL, rFactor, LFS, netKar, netKar Pro, iRacing, rFactor2, pCars, forza 1-3 and grand turismos 1-4 and loads more not worth mentioning.

Down to AC (Assetto Corsa), First off you need some kind of wheel, I use a G25 which i've had for a number of years and still going strong, I've tried playing AC on xbox 360 pad and it doesn't cut it, you just can't get the feeling and fine control you need. My personal opinion is that AC has very good feel for what the car is actually doing (where the rubber meets the road), the ability to control the car at lower speeds than the edge of traction are easy and controlled and the physics engine is up in the current top 3 and in my opinion currently better than rF2 and iRacing, in AC I don't get those ehh what happened there moments which frequent the lesser sims, I crash in AC because I was going too fast or lost control (I'm not schumacer, even sharing a first name doesnt seem to help )

Downsides, its still in active development, meaning there are still issues the biggest atm is probably the online lobby booking system, which feels very last generation. Sounds aren't the best but ok, limited content - this is starting to grow now community have a few tools, so we are seeing lots of converted tracks from other games which aren't up to the same standards yet.

Message me if you want more details.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd101 View Post
    Ok a little background on me, I have been a huge Sim Racing fan since I discovered REVS on the BBC B when I was at school, I've gone through various sims/games up till now Geoff Crammonds GP2, Grand Prix Legends, GTR, GTL, rFactor, LFS, netKar, netKar Pro, iRacing, rFactor2, pCars, forza 1-3 and grand turismos 1-4 and loads more not worth mentioning.

Down to AC (Assetto Corsa), First off you need some kind of wheel, I use a G25 which i've had for a number of years and still going strong, I've tried playing AC on xbox 360 pad and it doesn't cut it, you just can't get the feeling and fine control you need. My personal opinion is that AC has very good feel for what the car is actually doing (where the rubber meets the road), the ability to control the car at lower speeds than the edge of traction are easy and controlled and the physics engine is up in the current top 3 and in my opinion currently better than rF2 and iRacing, in AC I don't get those ehh what happened there moments which frequent the lesser sims, I crash in AC because I was going too fast or lost control (I'm not schumacer, even sharing a first name doesnt seem to help )

Downsides, its still in active development, meaning there are still issues the biggest atm is probably the online lobby booking system, which feels very last generation. Sounds aren't the best but ok, limited content - this is starting to grow now community have a few tools, so we are seeing lots of converted tracks from other games which aren't up to the same standards yet.

Message me if you want more details.
    Not worth it then as I don't have a wheel! :/

Got the a 360 pad, but if it doesn't cut it then there is no point! You play F1 2013 or the new Grid?

Thank Post
    F1 2013 a few times before switching it off never to play again each time. Physics feel very canned/synthetic. Not played new Grid but not really on my radar after playing earlier attempts again the physics felt horrid on the other grids I played.

Saying you can't play it on 360 controller might have been an over statement. I found/find it frustrating on xbox controller, especially after using a wheel. It is intended to be used with a wheel and plays 100 times better with the appropriate controller. If you are into driving games I highly recommend that you try and pick up a wheel, G27 or Driving Force GT but I wouldn't go much cheaper.

My wife gave into my hobby and brought me a Obutto R3volution for my b'day this year, again its the next rung on the ladder for getting fully immersed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345