+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68
Gaming Thread, Steam Summer Sale in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam I love Anno! Has anyone played DayZ? Yes. The standalone edition is a horrible buggy mess ...
  1. #31
    Sdrawkcab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    302
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 96 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    I love Anno!

    Has anyone played DayZ?
    Yes. The standalone edition is a horrible buggy mess which shouldn't have been released to the public. It's billed as "early access", but it should really read "unfinished alpha". I'd wait for the full release if I were you.

  2. #32
    SiliconAlley_Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    584
    Thank Post
    228
    Thanked 116 Times in 91 Posts
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    Yes. The standalone edition is a horrible buggy mess which shouldn't have been released to the public. It's billed as "early access", but it should really read "unfinished alpha". I'd wait for the full release if I were you.
    Thanks for the head's up

  3. #33

    abillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    2,745
    Thank Post
    313
    Thanked 337 Times in 251 Posts
    Rep Power
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    Yes. The standalone edition is a horrible buggy mess which shouldn't have been released to the public. It's billed as "early access", but it should really read "unfinished alpha". I'd wait for the full release if I were you.
    +1, I vented my frustration in the 7 Days to die thread so I won't do it again! I do think the DayZ Standalone is almost unplayable! I wouldn't recommend the only alpha game I can recommend it Rust thus far.

  4. #34
    flyinghaggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,026
    Thank Post
    104
    Thanked 76 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    116
    I haven't purchased the standalone version of day Z yet but I've seen vids and my feeling is that Dean 'Rocket' Hall has simply pocketed all of the cash made from the standalone and has no intention of 'finishing' it. It's been in development for years now and there's very little progress to speak of. It makes me wonder how large his dev team is as the impression is that there are literally one or two programmers and artists working on it. He's made millions up front and I can't help but feel this isn't being re-invested in the game unfortunately.

  5. #35

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    12,080
    Thank Post
    1,637
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    440
    I picked up dayz standalone in a flash sale for £3.99 a while back. If they don't improve it I've not invested much into it. If they do, then brilliant.

  6. #36


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    625
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    110
    I started out well, hadn't bought a thing... then pay day happened.

    Ended up with:

    Octodad: Dadliest Catch
    Space Engineers
    The Fall
    Deus Ex: GoTY
    Deus Ex: Invisible War
    System Shock 2 (Modded the life out of it )
    Risk of Rain
    Shadowrun Returns (+DLC)
    Grim Dawn
    Ultrabundle (a few indies from some company who's name have escaped me.. they did Titans Attack)
    Defy Gravity
    Pineapple Smash Crew
    Retro/Grade
    Marlow Briggs

    Total spend of around £50.. not too bad. I'll probably never play any of them, but hey, cheaps.

  7. #37


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,754
    Thank Post
    1,008
    Thanked 386 Times in 290 Posts
    Rep Power
    218
    If you only play one of them, play OctoDad

  8. #38

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,879
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    838
    Space Engineers is amazing. I've spent far too much time playing it.

    My list is:

    Tropico 5
    Space Engineers
    Age of Mythology
    DisplayFusion

    That's my lot. I already have 200 games, 90% of which I've still not played...

  9. #39


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    625
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Space Engineers is amazing. I've spent far too much time playing it.

    My list is:

    Tropico 5
    Space Engineers
    Age of Mythology
    DisplayFusion

    That's my lot. I already have 200 games, 90% of which I've still not played...
    I went all out troll with Space Engineers.. accidentally launched a friends work in progress towards an asteroid (he didn't have any thrusters etc on it), sped off after it, got it running, stole it and used it to hijack a mining ship.
    Then smashed that into his mini asteroid base resulting in a rage quit. 10/10 would grief again.

    I've got enough to keep me going for the rest of my life Steam DB
    But bundles are a truly awesome thing :P

  10. #40
    Griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    518
    Thank Post
    203
    Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    38
    oh my god I missed out on the sale been in the dark for a few days/weeks whatever space engineers looks so funny...how much was it in the sale?

  11. #41


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,754
    Thank Post
    1,008
    Thanked 386 Times in 290 Posts
    Rep Power
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    I went all out troll with Space Engineers.. accidentally launched a friends work in progress towards an asteroid (he didn't have any thrusters etc on it), sped off after it, got it running, stole it and used it to hijack a mining ship.
    Then smashed that into his mini asteroid base resulting in a rage quit. 10/10 would grief again.
    I have no idea what Space Engineers is (beyond, what I can sensibly presume.. "A game on Steam" :P) but that sounds hilarious.

  12. #42


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    625
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    I have no idea what Space Engineers is (beyond, what I can sensibly presume.. "A game on Steam" :P) but that sounds hilarious.
    You're an astronaut who can mine asteroids and raid mining convoys for materials to build and expand space stations and ships.

    They're working on the survival mode at the minute, but we're just playing about in creative. I hollowed out an asteroid, threw a few gravity generators in there and I've now got my own little floating base.

    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    oh my god I missed out on the sale been in the dark for a few days/weeks whatever space engineers looks so funny...how much was it in the sale?
    £10.04 I believe.

  13. #43

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,879
    Thank Post
    518
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    I have no idea what Space Engineers is (beyond, what I can sensibly presume.. "A game on Steam" :P) but that sounds hilarious.
    Its amazing for such an early alpha release. They're very active developing it too, with new things appearing pretty regularly.

    I fully expect it to become the next big indie game, like Minecraft.

  14. #44


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    625
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Its amazing for such an early alpha release. They're very active developing it too, with new things appearing pretty regularly.

    I fully expect it to become the next big indie game, like Minecraft.
    I haven't even scratched the surface yet, need to play more, I've only got an hour or two so far.

  15. #45
    Fleetwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    741
    Thank Post
    181
    Thanked 105 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    44
    Is it easy to build a spaceship? If so then TAKE MY MONEH

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Steam Summer Sale
    By Arthur in forum Gaming
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 19th July 2013, 05:26 PM
  2. Steam Autumn Sale 2012!
    By Rawns in forum Gaming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 26th November 2012, 11:56 PM
  3. Oh God No Not Again: Steam Summer Sale 2012
    By sonofsanta in forum Gaming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 24th July 2012, 08:38 AM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11th July 2011, 02:03 PM
  5. Steam Holiday Sale
    By Fatmas in forum Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 4th January 2011, 02:27 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •