+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Gaming Thread, E3 2014 in Fun Stuff; I think the beef people are having with Ubisoft's "it would cost too much money to put female assassins in" ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the beef people are having with Ubisoft's "it would cost too much money to put female assassins in" is that they're already spending eleventy billion pounds funding nine studios to make this one game. They have the money, they're just choosing to spend it on developing stupid shop-specific DLC for special editions instead of, y'know, allowing the majority of the human race to feel represented by their game. It's a pretty rubbish excuse.

(The new excuse is "oh all four players in co-op are the main character so none could be a female", as if Assassin's Creed has ever, ever given a monkey's about things like plot consistency, sense, or understandable world building. It's a series in which you use the magic machine to play through the memories of your DNA! You could've found an excuse and no-one would have paid any attention to it anyway.)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,454 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    You know I've seen this argument all over the interweb and your the first person I've seen remember AC Liberation even exists!

Also (Fast Show) " Does my bum look big in this?"
    Haven't played it yet... I want a retail version.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    I think the beef people are having with Ubisoft's "it would cost too much money to put female assassins in" is that they're already spending eleventy billion pounds funding nine studios to make this one game. They have the money, they're just choosing to spend it on developing stupid shop-specific DLC for special editions instead of, y'know, allowing the majority of the human race to feel represented by their game. It's a pretty rubbish excuse.
    Yeah, I figure the same to be honest. It's not like they don't have the cash. I think they should fork out to make them, but more likely is they'll fork out to make them, and then make you buy them as DLC.

Plus I always preferred playing female characters, anyway. I just can't be bothered with the typical "MACHO! GRRR! WHERE'S MY WIFE?! FEED ME MORE STEROIDS!" men that seem to be in every damn video game I play. So yup, I pick wimmins.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    I always preferred playing female characters, anyway. I just can't be bothered with the typical "MACHO! GRRR! WHERE'S MY WIFE?! FEED ME MORE STEROIDS!" men that seem to be in every damn video game I play. So yup, I pick wimmins.
    One of the RPS writers said that, given the choice, he'd always play a woman, because if you're going to spend 40 hours staring at your character's backside it may as well be a lady's backside.

As COD has become more and more linear it's gotten further away from Modern Warfare Simulator and closer to Following Another Man's Bottom Simulator. You can't even go through doors unless another man's bottom goes through in front of you.

Thank Post
    One of the RPS writers said that, given the choice, he'd always play a woman, because if you're going to spend 40 hours staring at your character's backside it may as well be a lady's backside.
    I, too, have said this. Jokingly, of course. There's way too many other things to focus on than a buttocks. That guy that's trying to give you an untimely meeting with eternity, for a start.

As COD has become more and more linear it's gotten further away from Modern Warfare Simulator and closer to Following Another Man's Bottom Simulator. You can't even go through doors unless another man's bottom goes through in front of you.
    Or not, when the NPC's ghost through the door and leave you behind :P

Thank Post
    Mirror's Edge 2 concept work looks pretty promising, though. Staying hopeful!

Edit: Whoops, accidental double post M'bad!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Helicopters and elephants! What more could you want?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234