+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Gaming Thread, WildStar in Fun Stuff; Take it you're on the baddies... as I will be... DAMNIT. Go to the goodies!! Really gotta stop calling them ...
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Take it you're on the baddies... as I will be... DAMNIT. Go to the goodies!!

Really gotta stop calling them that lol

Thank Post
    I am indeed, Dominion Mechari Warrior at the minute :P

I didn't like the Exiles at all, so sticking to Dominion for the foreseeable future.

Thank Post
    Probably jump on as a mage / gunner or... as naughty as possible.... rogue.

Warrior i bet is the most overplayed class lol

Thank Post
    nope enginer is as its a Tank with pets -_-

i love my spellslinger, CC damage and heals woop (mage with guns)

im going to make a stalker (rouge) tonight on the server everybody else is on

Thank Post
    Damn it, you guys! I have a Free Week key from @DMcGuigan sat in my inbox and no internet to use it with!

Unsubscribing from this thread so you all stop making me jealous ¬.¬

Thank Post
    Dunno, Archon's most overplayed seems to be fairly tied between Stalker / Esper from what I've seen. Certainly the case in PvP. I don't see too many warriors about in all honesty, I think it's because it's such a common class in all MMOs, people want to try something different.

Engineer reminds me of a Vanguard Trooper from SWTOR, just with pets.

Esper was the main class I saw in PvP over on Zhur, that was insanely OP in BGs.

Thank Post
    Since I only get a week, and I don't want to spend 4 days going "Nope, don't like this class. Next. Nope, not this one, either. Eh, this one's okay. Nah, don't like this one. Let's go back to class #3" what're the classes like? I'd read WildStar's own info on them but I often find they never bear any resemblance to what classes are actually like because.. Well, they have to hype them up.

I played shooty-shooty and that was alright, and.. uh.. knifey-knifey? (The 1 skill was shooting knives at things) which I didn't really enjoy. But I know classes in most MMO's drastically change by L10-L15, but I don't have the time to grind to that point before I figure them out.

Thank Post
    Well shooty shooty I'm assuming was Spellslinger, knifey-knifey sound's like Espers.

That leaves Engineer, Stalker, Medic, Warrior.

Engineer plays as a ranged tank / damage primarily, using pets to either add damage / tank / heals to complement your play style. Only done 3 levels with it though.

Stalker is essentially your rogue. Plays like a Shadow from SWTOR in such that you can tank with it if required.

Medic.. couldn't comment. You heal things from a range using static fields or cones the same way most damage is done, can also do damage with 'em.

Warrior is very much stabby stabby. You've got your regular abilities, Cleaves, Leaps, Grapple (Death Grip / Force Pull), then some that work a little weird like plasma wall which does a frontal cone damage burst but throws up a shield while you use it. They can also "Stance Dance" like old school WoW, jump from damage spec into tank spec at the click of a button.

Warrior's been the most fun one for me so far, but I like melee a lot :P

Thank Post
    I've played no SW:ToR and very little WoW, for the record :P (and the WoW I played was at least 5 years ago?)

Shooty shooty was quite literally a d00d with two guns. Not the image the name 'Spellslinger' conjures up, but if that's what they're called, that's what they're called.
    I think only 4 of the classes were available when I played the Beta..

Honestly Engineer kinda sounds more my style. In Aion I built a rather powerful Chanter. I like the 'Jack of all trades' utility classes that can get stuck in pretty much anywhere, even if it's at the expense of not having a particular 'focus' or 'speciality'.. I'm not a support player (So Priest/Healer/Medic/etc is out of the window!) but something with buffs is always good and I don't mind dishing out a heal/rez here and there (Again, similar to Chanter.. Paladin-style classes, basically.)
    Last edited by Garacesh; 11th June 2014 at 04:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Yeah Dual Wield handguns is Spellslinger.

Does sound like Engineer is the best way to go then, I keep meaning to get mine off of the starter planet, might do that tonight for a change of pace from stabby stabby (close range, not throwing spectral blades :P)

Saying that though, I think Esper (that IS the throw spectral sword one) has damage / heals / buffs, so that may be viable too if you get past the first few levels.

You can do 1-10 in about 2/3 hours I think, so it may be possible for you get a couple of chars to about that level, I think you've got a 20 level cut off on a free week anyway.

Thank Post
    I'll have to delve further into their skills and playstyles, then. Surely there will be wikis, documented builds, etc being written by now. So I'll have more information at my disposal than I did at the beta. I shall look into it.

.... on the 25th

Thank Post
    Yeah, there's a few Wiki's up, nothing exactly full though. I should probably help out with some of them actually, few errors here and there.

Give it a few weeks and I reckon Noxxic should have something up.

Thank Post
    If you look on the dark corners of the internet.... you'll find the info... as I have recently.

Do you dare?😈

Ps... how easy is it to make gold on this game?!?!?!?!?!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    If you look on the dark corners of the internet.... you'll find the info... as I have recently.

Do you dare?��

Ps... how easy is it to make gold on this game?!?!?!?!?!
    Can't say I've tried too hard, you need 10G 80S ish for the first mount, you'll have that by level 15 if you don't really spend it on crafting mats etc, if you sell EVERYTHING you get that you can't use rather than break it down it'll be fine.

Right now I'm getting about 10-20S a quest in the third zone. It's definitely slower than WoW, but not as slow as Vanilla WoW.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    Give it a few weeks and I reckon Noxxic should have something up.
    Well like I say, I don't have net til the 25th :P So a few weeks, I got.

Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    if you sell EVERYTHING you get that you can't use rather than break it down it'll be fine.
    I'm that guy. Beetle carapace? Take it. Frog's leg? Take it. Sticky residue? Take it. Go find the nearest merchant.
    Might take a little longer to level if I'm keeping trekking to the shop and back, but it leaves me with enough cash to be alright. Is fair trade.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast