+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Nintendo posts full year loss - Blames Wii U in Fun Stuff; I am picking up MK8 to see what it is like. It will be the first big test of Nintendo's ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am picking up MK8 to see what it is like. It will be the first big test of Nintendo's online infrastructure too.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Yup.

Because Steam actually does something about it.

See also: LoL/WoW.

In all seriousness, there are more kids on consoles than there are on PC. They may exist on PC, but you're more likely to run into them on console.
    True, having said that I originally bought BF4 for PC and I was shocked how childish they were online. They were calling people who performed badly names, swearing, kicking/banning people if they weren't winning the game. Very hostile towards new players, a lot of PC elitists running their mouth about how they have the best specs etc, etc.. Not to mention the cheats/aimbots.

I returned it on PC (kept crashing) and got it on PS4, and the online experience is so much better. Friendly people, play in a team, much more fun IMO.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Got to be honest, this is why I never play multiplayer games. I've a game hasn't got a strong single player story - it's not worth playing. That said, local multiplayer can be fun with friends/family, but it's rarely supported in the console world these days.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Got to be honest, this is why I never play multiplayer games. I've a game hasn't got a strong single player story - it's not worth playing. That said, local multiplayer can be fun with friends/family, but it's rarely supported in the console world these days.
    It's such a shame! nearly everything was split-screen back in the day. Me and my friends often struggle to find a good offline multiplier game to play - usually end up playing a team ladder on Mortal Kombat 9 (PC).
    Mario Party used to be one of my personal faves. Sunk some hours into that. Also, golden-eye, obviously

Thank Post
    If you like in Birmimgham, this a good advent to go to Event | Hare & Hounds Kings Heath

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlong1985 View Post
    If you like in Birmimgham, this a good advent to go to Event | Hare & Hounds Kings Heath
    That sounds like a lot of fun - only 10 miles from me as well! Shame it's tonight, bit short notice for me, will deffo check that out in the future!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTech View Post
    It's such a shame! nearly everything was split-screen back in the day. Me and my friends often struggle to find a good offline multiplier game to play - usually end up playing a team ladder on Mortal Kombat 9 (PC).
    Mario Party used to be one of my personal faves. Sunk some hours into that. Also, golden-eye, obviously
    I definitely agree about the split screen, especially seeing as Nintendo switched off online services for the Wii yesterday. If the game doesn't support split screen, you're doomed to single player!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I believe the new MK8 will offer split-screen, online and online split-screen. Remember that feature from my Halo 3 days, was a bucket of fun.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom7000 View Post
    I definitely agree about the split screen, especially seeing as Nintendo switched off online services for the Wii yesterday. If the game doesn't support split screen, you're doomed to single player!
    Not just split screen though. I remember on my first XBox being able to play games like Halo and Project Gotham across a local LAN. Seems multiplayer today means "online server with rooms full of douchebags".

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I officially take back everything I ever said about Nintendo and their marketing strategy. Their E3 presentation as got me seriously considering a Wii-U as a second console for this gen!

They've just announced a new fully open world Zelda, and a new Star Fox!!! Add to that Devil's Third as a console exclusive looks interesting. Mario Kart 8 is doing well in the charts. I've not played Windwalker so that looks interesting. Mario 3D World. Donkey Kong World Tropical Freeze. Lego City Undercover.

What is it about Nintendo first party titles? They seem to be able to defy logic and sell their systems off them with pretty decent attach rates. Do Nintendo even need third party developer support?

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They have more then that @tmcd35! :P

- NFC technology being added for your own AI fighter in Smash Bros to beat up friends (but it's a bit naff IMO).
    - Hyrule Warriors: When Dynasty Warriors met Legend of Zelda to make a game.
    - Mario Maker, level editor for side-scroll Mario games. (OMG!) Can play with original Mario style or the newer 3D Mario style.
    - Splatoon: A somewhat refreshing take on shooters. COD never fitted in on Nintendo platforms but this one involves spraying ink from waterguns to mark your territory and using it to gain an advantage against other players.

Nintendo are the only ones so far to turn my head at E3 after MS and EA's somewhat mediocre performances (I missed the PS talk).

Now if only someone could persuade them to create a proper Pokémon game on the WiiU...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the sound of Mario Maker, but when these finally hit the shelves it'll be almost 3 years since the Wii U's launch and Sony\Microsoft will have an even greater lead. There is no way I could ever justify purchasing a Wii U, even for the kids, after all of that time. Next year looks like a toss up between either a PS4 or XB1 depending on how each one has come along with it's home media (DLNA) capabilities.
    They are the systems which will grow with my children and seeing as they are 8 and 9 will still deliver amazing quality games when they are 16 as the developers begin to get to grips with the hardware as they did with the PS3 and Xbox 360 meaning the later games are far superior both with their gameplay and graphical capabilities.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    See, I don't know. Following E3 Sony and MS seem to be in the position Nintendo were in uptil now. There doesn't appear to be a compelling list of AAA titles in bound by the end of 2015. I'm begining to wonder if a cheap Wii-U could bridge the gap now Ninty are getting some good looking first party titles out their, until the PS4/XB1 picks up a bit more steam. Even titles I was initially excited for (Order 1886) are going off the boil rapidly.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There isn't anything making me want to rush out and buy an XB1 or PS4 right now. Most of the titles I do want have ahem...superior PC versions where they can be picked up cheaper and with better features. I think next-gen as a whole has struggled as people aren't willing to fork out more money for a new piece of hardware, especially with many lead titles offering marginal improvements (COD is a great example) or just plain disappointing (Ryse and BF4). I still predict a video games crash on the horizon if the industry continues on it's current path.

The Wii U isn't innocent though, it suffers heavily from over-recycled IP like any console.

Thank Post
    If they can deliver on these, I think the Wii U would jump massively on a lot of peopels purchase list.

That Zelda title looks. fantastic.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast