+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Do you download games via Xbox Game Store? in Fun Stuff; Hey! I have not been much of a gamer of late, in fact it's a shame as I used to ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Do you download games via Xbox Game Store?

Hey!

I have not been much of a gamer of late, in fact it's a shame as I used to enjoy playing online with my buddies back in the Rainbow Six Vegas Days! :-)

I sat down this evening thinking if I should actually get into some games again, and maybe start playing with a few of you on here... and I was going to download the games from the Xbox Game Store and I just before I go ahead and do that I was just wondering what you guys do? do you still go out and purchase the media from your local Game Store? or do you download it via the Xbox Game Store?

Also, what kind of games are you all playing at the moment? {is call of duty ghosts worth purchasing?}

Cheers,
    James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At this stage no point downloading call of duty. You'd be so late in the game you'd be owned all the time. Go for battlefield as people are still buying that's they move from Cod or go for Titanfall as it's new out.

As for buyin on the store...I do at release or if there is a sale on which makes the game cheaper than elsewhere otherwise it's physical media.

Thank Post
    Going to buy GTA V today, 35 down the road. Checked Xbox store, still 50!

Thank Post
    I often download games that are on steam for PC but when it comes to console until they start selling them cheaper than retail I'll be buying all my games as physical copies for the foreseeable future. The fact that the online stores are more expensive than retail/physical without the ability to sell on the games once you're finished them means there's simply no incentive to pay for a download from MS/Sony's online stores when its available as a physical copy IMO.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Call of Duty: Ghosts was only like 33 but I guess you could pick it up 2nd Hand from a Game Store. I didn't realise the games were more expensive when downloading them I expected them to be slightly cheaper... guess that might change in the future who knows.

I was thinking of getting Titan Fall actually... I know that I might get owned if I get call of duty: ghosts but I was just looking at the campaign to be honest not so much online straight away :-)

Just trying to find something to do haha!

James.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I go to Pricerunner and compare there. Depending on the platform, you can get titles at almost half the retail cost of direct download from the publisher/platform operator. Example: Battlefield 4 Premium was retailing for about 55 on Origin. I went on Pricerunner and picked it up for 30 from a CD Key Warehouse called Simply Games (they scan their physical CD Keys and E-Mail them to you).

Direct download is really becoming iffy these days as publishers know you want a hyped title here and now, so they ramp up the price especially near release date.

As for COD Ghosts, pick it up if you haven't played much COD before. Otherwise it was considered a marginal increment on the series. Don't worry about getting owned, that will happen anyway.

Also I noticed the PC market is so ruthless thanks to sites such as above that they are considerably cheaper then console. Ironically the Wii U is the most expensive because it has the lowest sales figures and good third party is scarce on that platform.
    Last edited by CAM; 17th March 2014 at 08:54 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread