+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Elder Scrolls Online Beta in Fun Stuff; No no no, above the race emblems....

Thank Post
    No no no, above the race emblems.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ohhh... Once you have chosen your race it puts you in the faction, you can't change out of that. You belong to one of the 3 dominant factions, this is unavoidable. However, as an imperial, you have the option to switch allegiances as you choose (as is my understanding) which gives you the benefit of being able to go through 3 different sets of quests as one person.

Within your primary faction, you have lots of smaller factions (The companions, House Redoran, House Telvanni, The Cabal, Camoran Dynasty, Thalmor, Lionguard, The Gallants, Tharn Family, Reachmen, The Crowns, The Forebears, The bloodfangs and the seadrakes - I think there is another but I can't remember, and I am not sure on all spellings either).

From there you then have the option for 1 of the 5 guilds. Fighters guild, mages guild, dark brotherhood, thieves guild and the undaunted. If I remember rightly you can only pick one of these.

So your character line is open to a lot. Imperial is again the only one that can flit between factions up to level 40 (if the beta forums are right), however like everyone else, they are bound to a guild once they've picked one.

Thank Post
    Okay, that.. Does but doesn't clear things up.
    Does the faction you're assigned to (due to the race you select) have any effect on interaction with other players? (PvP, Guilds, etc)

If I pick a Dark Elf and run into a Khajit (who I believe come under the same faction), would that be any different from, say, running into a High Elf (who I believe belong to a different faction?)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It affects you with the PvP. Guilds no, you can be in any guild as any race or faction.

In PvE, you could be mobbed in an opposing main factions territory.

Thank Post
    But all 3 factions can (safely) belong to the same Guild?

I'm.. Actually okay with that. I'd go as far as to say I like that idea.
    I would hope that not everything was available in every territory, too, to force races to risk leaving the safety of their 'homeland' and venturing into the dangerous wild in search of $epicLoot, $dungeon, $questMarker etc

The only question is, if I, Faction A (because I forget the names), join a guild that has members from all 3 factions, A, B and C, an wander with my guildmates into the territory of Faction C, do I get stabbed up?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yes, all 3 factions can belong to the same guild, such as thieves guild or such like. I havent explored everywhere on the map when it was open, I stuck to home turf, but as an imperial, this friday, I intend to go everywhere to check.

BTW dungeons, prepare for pain! haha

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    yes, all 3 factions can belong to the same guild, such as thieves guild or such like. I havent explored everywhere on the map when it was open, I stuck to home turf, but as an imperial, this friday, I intend to go everywhere to check.

BTW dungeons, prepare for pain! haha
    I might need to clarify further. By 'Guild' I refer to 'The in-game name for a collective group or team of players who often conduct activities together, such as dungeons or PvP. See: Clan', and not in-game hard-coded groups such as the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood etc.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 12th March 2014 at 02:52 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ahh that I dont know. I would assume it would work along the same lines as WoW or GW2. Can have opposing races and such like in the same guild, but you cannot get the single alliance only perks.

Thank Post
    To put it in simple terms if I'm still causing confusion
    (and please pardon YouTube's abysmal quality)
    Untitled.png

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes...but they do not get the perks of being all in 1 alliance.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @Garacesh I just checked on the ESO Closed Beta forums, yes they can all be friends in the same guild/clan etc, but they lose out on perks. If you are all of the same alliance within your guild, you get a special perk only for that alliance. If you were all within the Aldmeri Dominion for example, you get a health increase of 20%. If you are all in the Ebonheart Pact you get a damage bonus of 20% (covering your primary weapon only). If you were in the in the Daggerfall Covenant you get a mage increase of 20% (covering your primary mage skill only)

*edit*

This is according to the closed beta forums, not the open beta forums.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The following has also been said on the forum

For a maximum of 45% increase bonus on your character, you can choose the following lines:

Aldmeri Dominion + Undaunted = maximum of +45% health, +25% on your armour
    Ebonheart Pact + Fighters Guild = maximum of +45% damage on your main weapon, +25% damage on secondary weapons
    Daggerfell Covenant + Mages guild = maximum of +45% on your main mage skill, 25% on your secondary skills

Thank Post
    Hm. I'm not entirely sure where I stand with locking people out of content due to their race.

What if I want to make a Mage, but hate the look of the Daggerfell Covenant races?

My beta/test hero was a dual-weilding Assassin-type Dark Elf with lifesteal-type spells. (Probably not the best combo, really, but I just picked what looked and sounded cool)

Obviously Dual Wielders get an advantage if they're playing Ebonheart Pact races and such, which means in the long run races are going to pivot slightly (though, not too dramatically I'd expect) to combat roles it favours. Tanks will be Aldmeri, Damage dealers will be Ebonheart and Mages/Healers will be Daggerfell. Which will make for some imbalanced PvP if it's faction-based (though I don't know if it is or not, admittedly)

(I'm not allowed to rep you yet, @nephilim. Curses!)
    Last edited by Garacesh; 12th March 2014 at 04:54 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    you can still get perks. As a member of any of the guilds you get a +25% of their skill base regardless.

So you could make an ebonheart pact mage (for example) without an issue, and you'd still get a 25% bonus if you went to the mage guild, but you'd also get a 20% fighting bonus so you could wield a staff in one hand, a dagger in the other, and still deal a significant amount of damage.

You just wouldn't have stackable alliance perks really if you went to a guild that didn't bolster your alliance skill set.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    On the day of release.... I will be ebonheart (decided ages ago... as I love elves).... if anyone else is going to be on that faction... team up? Guild up?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast