+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Titanfall - March 14th in Fun Stuff; What platform are you guys all planning on buying it on? I'm trying to decide whether to go for XB1 ...
    Thank Post
    What platform are you guys all planning on buying it on? I'm trying to decide whether to go for XB1 or PC?

I'd expect the graphics will be better on the PC and mouse/keyboard control is nice but I'm also thinking the online functionality might be better supported and more reliable on XB1. Also, I think it may lend itself better to playing with a controller due to some of the auto aiming and free running so I'm erring towards the XB1 version at the moment.
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 6th March 2014 at 07:44 PM.

Thank Post
    Other option is to get an Xbox controller for your PC - best of both world although I only use mine for Arcade style games (never could get used to it being a life long PC gamer!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 803 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    What platform are you guys all planning on buying it on? I'm trying to decide whether to go for XB1 or PC?

I'd expect the graphics will be better on the PC and mouse/keyboard control is nice but I'm also thinking the online functionality might be better supported and more reliable on XB1. Also, I think it may lend itself better to playing with a controller due to some of the auto aiming and free running so I'm erring towards the XB1 version at the moment.
    Still trying to decide, I tried both versions during beta (next to each other) and there are parts the controller works well with and other parts where keyboard and mouse work well. I am thinking about going for XB1 but still not sure.

Thank Post
    Well I got a pre-order PC key for half price from a place called G2A who had it on offer...the money was sitting in my paypal so I thought why not....seeing as I've just bought 2 new GPUs it would be a shame to not give them a bit of a challenge

Thank Post
    So I gave into the temptation and decided to buy this for the XB1 (£44 Simply Games).... got nothing much else to play at the moment.

Thank Post
    Pre-load files are avaliable......the download is 49.9GB!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 803 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    Pre-load files are avaliable......the download is 49.9GB!!
    That's the full game FYI. PC people can play now using con trick if they want too.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    That's the full game FYI. PC people can play now using con trick if they want too.
    Oh i know its the full game files....but 50GB thats HUGE!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    50GB that's HUGE!
    35GB of which is uncompressed audio! WTF Respawn!!!

Titanfall PC includes 35GB of uncompressed audio « The Tech Report

When word got out that Titanfall would weigh in at 48GB on the PC, I kind of assumed that requirement had to do with super-high-res textures or the like. Well, that's not the case. According to Eurogamer, the game actually owes most of its massive footprint not to high-res textures, but to uncompressed audio.

To be precise, the PC version of Titanfall reportedly includes "a whopping 35GB of uncompressed audio."

Respawn Entertainment, the game's developer, claims the uncompressed audio was included for the benefit of slower PCs. "A two-core machine would dedicate a huge chunk of one core to just decompressing audio," says Richard Baker, Respawn's Lead Engineer. "We couldn't dedicate those resources to audio." The Xbox One decodes audio in hardware, so it has no such limitation.
    Why the PC version of Titanfall is a 48GB install « Eurogamer

"We have audio we either download or install from the disc, then we uncompress it. We probably could have had audio decompress off disc but we were a little worried about min spec and the fact that a two-core machine would dedicate a huge chunk of one core to just decompressing audio.

"So... it's almost all audio... On a higher PC it wouldn't be an issue. On a medium or moderate PC, it wouldn't be an issue, it's that on a two-core [machine] with where our min spec is, we couldn't dedicate those resources to audio."
    I had a PC with a quad core processor SEVEN years ago. Why are Respawn bothering to optimize Titanfall for gamers with dual core processors?
    Last edited by Arthur; 11th March 2014 at 10:01 PM.

Thank Post
    Got the Deluxe Edition (gracias origin ) last night, downloaded today. Around 20GB download and 49.9 uncompressed. Looking good!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So, the game in Luton sold out by 12:50am, and as of 9:45 this afternoon, 9 returns (out of 200 copies sold). Also a lot of people on my friends list moaning about how the EU and US players have had an advantage because they've played it earlier, and have ranked up higher. The titans lack the strength they did in the beta, and the AI is making life too hard for the players (generally speaking this is what is being moaned about).

I hope it doesn't flop however!

Thank Post
    I was lucky enough to get mine yesterday and I have to say I'm rather underwhelmed with it.... not sure if I'll continue to play it or not.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    So, the game in Luton sold out by 12:50am, and as of 9:45 this afternoon, 9 returns (out of 200 copies sold). Also a lot of people on my friends list moaning about how the EU and US players have had an advantage because they've played it earlier, and have ranked up higher. The titans lack the strength they did in the beta, and the AI is making life too hard for the players (generally speaking this is what is being moaned about).

I hope it doesn't flop however!
    Why would you complain AI is too hard? People have games too easy :/

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I had a PC with a quad core processor SEVEN years ago. Why are Respawn bothering to optimize Titanfall for gamers with dual core processors?
    Dont know much about PC gaming to be fair... been out the game far too long... but I imagine a fair number of gamers are running an 'adequate' gaming machine on Core i3 processors. Not making it playable on this kind of machine would cut out a huge chunk of the target audience. It's all about the bottom line.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradlys View Post
    Why would you complain AI is too hard? People have games too easy :/
    Not me moaning, its the players of the game. Been moaning about the game being too hard in MP because of the AI. Think the wheat from the chaff situation, those that want it too work will stick with it, others will stay with COD/BF4. Titan fall does something others dont, gives another good game for people to play.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast