+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, Rust! in Fun Stuff; I've seen videos of Rust but only started playing it last week. I'm totally hooked, me and a few mates ...

Thank Post
    I've seen videos of Rust but only started playing it last week. I'm totally hooked, me and a few mates just building an enormous fort, I never knew it would be so much fun. I'm glad they removed the Zombie element so people can stop comparing it to Dayz, it's a completely different type of game. The game reminds me of a combination of runescape/minecraft with some survival elements thrown into the mix.

Thank Post
    I have this game and I am completely addicted to it! Me and a few friends have even started running a server, details as follows:

Address: 5.9.113.103:28015
    Server name: Pantsless Mining Inc[UK][PvP/Friendly][Oxide][No Lag][Air drops][Sleepers]

I am aware that it is a pretty bold statement to have "No lag" in the server title, but we have taken steps to ensure that it is running on as stable a platform as possible to minimize any server side lag players might experience. It's a pretty quiet server at the moment with only 5-10 active players, but we're looking to grow the community and get more regular players on. The server is only 50 slots at the moment, but we'll probably look to expand it when the developers release a larger map.

Our server settings are all default except that we have disabled the crafting of C4 for the time being to prevent established players from getting too much of a lead on new guys. You can still find C4 in crates, though, so you aren't completely safe from raids. We've also added a removal tool so that if you mess up the placement of something, you can type /remove in the chat and then bash it with a pick/hatchet/rock to remove it (and have the item appear back in your inventory). This only works for items you've placed, so it can't be abused to break into peoples bases.

If you are looking for a new server, please consider joining us!
    Last edited by Sdrawkcab; 5th March 2014 at 11:35 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanks, I may give your server a try! That removal tool sounds good too, when I started playing I built a foundation and 4 walls, trapping myself in a prison cabin lol.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    I have this game and I am completely addicted to it! Me and a few friends have even started running a server, details as follows:

Address: 5.9.113.103:28015
    Server name: Pantsless Mining Inc[UK][PvP/Friendly][Oxide][No Lag][Air drops][Sleepers]

I am aware that it is a pretty bold statement to have "No lag" in the server title, but we have taken steps to ensure that it is running on as stable a platform as possible to minimize any server side lag players might experience. It's a pretty quiet server at the moment with only 5-10 active players, but we're looking to grow the community and get more regular players on. The server is only 50 slots at the moment, but we'll probably look to expand it when the developers release a larger map.

Our server settings are all default except that we have disabled the crafting of C4 for the time being to prevent established players from getting too much of a lead on new guys. You can still find C4 in crates, though, so you aren't completely safe from raids. We've also added a removal tool so that if you mess up the placement of something, you can type /remove in the chat and then bash it with a pick/hatchet/rock to remove it (and have the item appear back in your inventory). This only works for items you've placed, so it can't be abused to break into peoples bases.

If you are looking for a new server, please consider joining us!
    Sounds awesome will probably log on tonight and have a go on your server! Me and my brother normally play it together so there will be two of us joining you ! A few questions though, how frequent are the airdrops? You talk about stopping crafting of C4 but I'm guessing you still allow crafting of grenades? If you look about it takes 11 Grenades to destroy a metal door and the amount of recourses you need for that is exactly the same as 2 x C4 so everyone will just make Grenades surely?

I've never bothered with C4 just grenades everywhere !!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by APMerry View Post
    Thanks, I may give your server a try! That removal tool sounds good too, when I started playing I built a foundation and 4 walls, trapping myself in a prison cabin lol.
    I did this too, but the other way around. Built a foundation and put all my stuff down on it, then built walls and a ceiling all around the stuff. It wasn't until later that I realised I had no way to actually get into that room anymore!

I'm pretty excited to see where this game goes. It's still definitely an alpha, but it feels like they got the core principles of the game down so what's missing is largely polishing type stuff. If they keep adding new stuff to the game, I can see myself playing it for a long time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Sounds awesome will probably log on tonight and have a go on your server! Me and my brother normally play it together so there will be two of us joining you ! A few questions though, how frequent are the airdrops? You talk about stopping crafting of C4 but I'm guessing you still allow crafting of grenades? If you look about it takes 11 Grenades to destroy a metal door and the amount of recourses you need for that is exactly the same as 2 x C4 so everyone will just make Grenades surely?

I've never bothered with C4 just grenades everywhere !!!
    Yeah you can still craft grenades. I have to confess, I thought it was 15 grenades to break through a metal door so it worked out more expensive resource-wise.

The air drops are currently set to occur hourly if there are more than two people on the server. I think they're bugged at the moment so they don't happen automatically, though, so I've just been periodically triggering them manually via the rcon commands when there are more than two people on the server. We'll definitely listen to player feedback though so if you think hourly is too frequent we can look at increasing the delay between drops.

Thank Post
    Meh. Hourly seems fine just make sure they drop everytime above my head !! I think if you're a member of EduGeek you should be given a free starter pack like 12 C4's, 1 M4 and a Bolt Action Rifle... just a suggestion !

RE Grenades, it depends how good of a shot you are with them the closer the impact to the door the more damage I've never had to use more than 11 at one point I only needed 7 was so proud of myself! Are you planning on wiping the server often, as I think it's always better to be on a non-wipe server! I'll defo check it out tonight though!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Meh. Hourly seems fine just make sure they drop everytime above my head !! I think if you're a member of EduGeek you should be given a free starter pack like 12 C4's, 1 M4 and a Bolt Action Rifle... just a suggestion !

RE Grenades, it depends how good of a shot you are with them the closer the impact to the door the more damage I've never had to use more than 11 at one point I only needed 7 was so proud of myself! Are you planning on wiping the server often, as I think it's always better to be on a non-wipe server! I'll defo check it out tonight though!
    We wiped it on Monday to clear all the stuff we created testing plugins etc, but we have no plans to wipe the server after now unless we absolutely have to. Even then, we'd be more likely to restore back to a previous backup than make everyone start from scratch.

Thank Post
    Hey man tried going on your server the other night and then saw my ping was 280 to you guys thought it maybe a bit laggy for me

Thank Post
    Me and brother have joined your server! So please don't wipe

Thank Post
    Loving this game at the moment. A cross between Day-Z and Minecraft. You spawn with a rock and you must farm to get resources to survive. Whilst doing this other players are farming and building bases etc so watch your back! Choose to be a nomad or join a faction to raid other player's bases . . .

The guys over at OPSv | Portal run a server, 85.236.100.63:30915 and its a really good mix of PvP and PvE.

You get Kits to help you when you first join so you do not get jumped on from the off. There are active admins and the remove tool is activated. I also like Mass airdrops of kit from time to time.

There is usually around 20 people on at least and there are some great gun battles as most people have factioned off.

Hopefully I will see you there . . before you see me ;P

Ste

Thank Post
    I've met some top people on Rust two lads around my age! We had a mental Raid at night killing 9 Players and taking everything in their house MWHAHA! I have my own modded server I go on can't remember the name but it's so much fun it has teleport on, remove tool and airdrops. I ran over to a guys Airdrop I was naked he was in full Kevlar and I hid behind the airdrop grabbing C4, Explosives and Gunpowder he then started running at me so I type in /home 1 and it took me back to my house without a scratch !!! Just crafted 10 C4 so going to have some fun tonight!

More people should start playing this game it's so addictive!

Thank Post
    Hey Guys join my server, frequent airdrops and PVP press F1 at start screen and type the following net.connect billnetwork.asuscomm.com:28015, legit and naughty versions of the game can both connect enjoy

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12