+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Gaming Thread, Final Fantasy X & X-II HD Remaster Coming to Vita 21/03/2014 in Fun Stuff; Title says it all, I'll be buying it Has anyone seen any decent pre-order deals? I haven't seen anything that ...
  1. #1

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,452
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Rep Power
    707

    Final Fantasy X & X-II HD Remaster Coming to Vita 21/03/2014

    Title says it all, I'll be buying it

    Has anyone seen any decent pre-order deals? I haven't seen anything that would make it worthwhile pre-ordering TBH...

  2. #2

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,093
    Thank Post
    592
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Title says it all, I'll be buying it

    Has anyone seen any decent pre-order deals? I haven't seen anything that would make it worthwhile pre-ordering TBH...
    My totes-legit PC version with the widescreen patch looks almost the same as the HD remaster...

  3. #3

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,934
    Thank Post
    138
    Thanked 290 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    My totes-legit PC version with the widescreen patch looks almost the same as the HD remaster...
    Even at a bus stop?

  4. #4

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,093
    Thank Post
    592
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Even at a bus stop?
    I have it on a laptop, so yes.

    Would also work on a tablet, to some degree.

  5. #5

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,452
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Rep Power
    707
    Well I don't have a tablet (don't see the point), don't have a laptop, but am happy to drop my Vita in my pocket and carry it around with me, so I'll be buying the Vita version

    EDIT the "HD remaster" part isn't particularly important to me, just an added bonus. I'm currently playing through FFIX which has had absolutely no remastering done to it - still the same great game!
    Last edited by LosOjos; 10th February 2014 at 02:02 PM.

  6. #6

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,093
    Thank Post
    592
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Well I don't have a tablet (don't see the point), don't have a laptop, but am happy to drop my Vita in my pocket and carry it around with me, so I'll be buying the Vita version
    TBF I already own the PS2 version, so the chance of me buying it again at full price is almost zero.

  7. #7

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,452
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Rep Power
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    TBF I already own the PS2 version, so the chance of me buying it again at full price is almost zero.
    I'll sleep better tonight

  8. #8

    ICTDirect_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ribchester
    Posts
    1,713
    Thank Post
    307
    Thanked 312 Times in 248 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    157
    Until the make me a 4K HD FFVII I don't want to know!

  9. #9

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,934
    Thank Post
    138
    Thanked 290 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    I have it on a laptop, so yes.
    Is it easy with the keyboard???

  10. #10

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,452
    Thank Post
    1,439
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Rep Power
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTDirect_Dave View Post
    Until the make me a 4K HD FFVII I don't want to know!
    Given how popular FFVII has been over all these years, I'm frankly amazed that they haven't done this yet! Still keep peddling the same version we've always had... and yes, I still keep buying it (well, I had it on PS1, bought it last year on Steam and will probably end up buying the PSN version to play on the Vita when I exhaust my current stock of games on it...)
    Last edited by LosOjos; 10th February 2014 at 02:08 PM.

  11. #11

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,934
    Thank Post
    138
    Thanked 290 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I'm currently playing through FFIX which has had absolutely no remastering done to it - still the same great game!
    I really like VI, IX and XII... prefer the older looks and feels.

    Really want to see Secret of Mana from the SNES on something like 3DS, Vita or, well anything recent (Retron 5 doesnt count, although looks awesome).

  12. #12

    ICTDirect_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ribchester
    Posts
    1,713
    Thank Post
    307
    Thanked 312 Times in 248 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Given how popular FFVII has been over all these years, I'm frankly amazed that they haven't done this yet! Still keep peddling the same version we've always had... and yes, I still keep buying it (well, I had it on PS1, bought it last year on Steam and will probably end up buying the PSN version to play on the Vita when I exhaust my current stock of games on it...)
    Agreed!

    I don't want gameplay changes, I just want it to look as amazing again as it did when it first came out.

  13. #13

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,093
    Thank Post
    592
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Is it easy with the keyboard???
    I use a 360 controller most of the time.

    But it could work. There isn't a real need for analog sticks in FFX, so wasd should be fine.

    Everything else is button presses, so it's just a case of mapping buttons to keys.

  14. #14

    ICTDirect_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ribchester
    Posts
    1,713
    Thank Post
    307
    Thanked 312 Times in 248 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    I use a 360 controller most of the time.

    But it could work. There isn't a real need for analog sticks in FFX, so wasd should be fine.

    Everything else is button presses, so it's just a case of mapping buttons to keys.
    Keyboard was fine for FFVII via PCSX on my mac. I miss the nostalgia of a pad but that's about it.

  15. #15
    Arcath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    972
    Thank Post
    102
    Thanked 116 Times in 101 Posts
    Rep Power
    74
    I will be picking it up for the PS3 on release, can't wait!

    I just pre-ordered it from amazon, not too bothered about the bonuses and I know with amazon that I will get it the cheapest it is between now and release

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy Online [XI] - Open Discussion
    By tarquel in forum Gaming
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 26th September 2011, 12:07 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th September 2010, 11:58 PM
  3. Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta begins...
    By tarquel in forum Gaming
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 16th September 2010, 11:08 PM
  4. Final Fantasy XIII
    By CHR1S in forum Gaming
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12th April 2010, 08:17 PM
  5. Final Fantasy on the iphone
    By neon in forum Netbooks, PDA and Phones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th March 2010, 05:30 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •