+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, How do I change my login name on steam :) in Fun Stuff; Hey Guys So I thought I changed my login name to alexbillbridgnorth on steam but when I login to steam ...

Thank Post

How do I change my login name on steam :)

Hey Guys

So I thought I changed my login name to alexbillbridgnorth on steam but when I login to steam it won't work with that only my old one which is badboybilbo! DON'T ASK I WAS VERY YOUNG! Haha. It's really rubbishy and embarrassing now I want to change it to alexbillbridgnorth but I can't see an option to do it. It's strange because on the tabs on steam my profile name is alexbillbridgnorth but that isn't how I log on I still need to use my old one

Any Suggestions?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Hey Guys

So I thought I changed my login name to alexbillbridgnorth on steam but when I login to steam it won't work with that only my old one which is badboybilbo! DON'T ASK I WAS VERY YOUNG! Haha. It's really rubbishy and embarrassing now I want to change it to alexbillbridgnorth but I can't see an option to do it. It's strange because on the tabs on steam my profile name is alexbillbridgnorth but that isn't how I log on I still need to use my old one

Any Suggestions?
    You cant change your username last time I asked valve, I have one of the day 1 accounts and back then your username was your email address so my username is set to a very very dead email address @btinternet.com....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    You cant change your username last time I asked valve, I have one of the day 1 accounts and back then your username was your email address so my username is set to a very very dead email address @btinternet.com....
    Maybe you can't change if you signed up before a certain date, but I know I can (I login with my username, not my email address)

Log in to Steam, go to your profile page, edit profile, change profile name. You'll now show up as whatever you have changed to, can login with that name and if you click the arrow next to your username on your profile page it shows any previous names you have used

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Maybe you can't change if you signed up before a certain date, but I know I can (I login with my username, not my email address)

Log in to Steam, go to your profile page, edit profile, change profile name. You'll now show up as whatever you have changed to, can login with that name and if you click the arrow next to your username on your profile page it shows any previous names you have used
    100% cant for me anyway, I just tried using my profile id "zerohour" (in the url) and it failed every time until I used my account name which was an email address.

If you change that name does your login name update if you log out and back in?

Thank Post
    The top right name is your account name, nobody sees this other than you I don't think. To change what's displayed to others, you can open the friends list snapout (right click system tray icon > friends) and click the drop down arrow next to your current name, then at the bottom of the list you should see "Change Profile Name"

The profile name is what's displayed to others, you can even see what names people have used in the past (but only since you've had them added) by right clicking on them in the friends list and selecting "View Aliases"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

How do I change my login name on steam :)

Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    The top right name is your account name, nobody sees this other than you I don't think. To change what's displayed to others, you can open the friends list snapout (right click system tray icon > friends) and click the drop down arrow next to your current name, then at the bottom of the list you should see "Change Profile Name"

The profile name is what's displayed to others, you can even see what names people have used in the past (but only since you've had them added) by right clicking on them in the friends list and selecting "View Aliases"
    This!

I changed from the name I use a lot, to little-miss the other day.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread