+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Trackmania 2 free to buy? And other misleading crud. in Fun Stuff; Errgh. Another one of those double speak ripoff thingys. I get this a lot in the android store but now ...
    Thank Post

Trackmania 2 free to buy? And other misleading crud.

Errgh. Another one of those double speak ripoff thingys. I get this a lot in the android store but now PCs are affected. Free download of XYZ, you download the app and bam no free content now you can freely purchase some content... WTF? Who does this work on? Am I the only one that gets extremely p'd off removes the software and vows to avoid the product for as long as my memory serves. Who goes durrr guess I'll use my CC and buy this stuff now they conned me this far..

I've read 3 times download and play Trackmania 2 for free. You get the app and every event says pay to play the game? after installing the 93 meg program.. Then install a gigabyte of track info it then goes no no no buy to play this arena on all 3 arenas!

AR53 H0135

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,376 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've never had this problem...

Attachment 22002

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I believe the Office of Fair Trading have been getting concerned at the gaming industry and the fledgling F2P industry. It has no regulation at all, you can release a game for an extortionate amount and have half the content locked behind a pay wall with no warning. There is also nothing stopping a company from claiming a title is Free to Play then making the game barely playable unless you buy items.

Unfortunately the industry is getting away with it because people are willing to pay over the odds. Even if a thousand people refuse to spend a pound on extra items, there will be at least one person spending a grand a month to counter it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,376 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I believe the Office of Fair Trading have been getting concerned at the gaming industry and the fledgling F2P industry. It has no regulation at all, you can release a game for an extortionate amount and have half the content locked behind a pay wall with no warning. There is also nothing stopping a company from claiming a title is Free to Play then making the game barely playable unless you buy items.

Unfortunately the industry is getting away with it because people are willing to pay over the odds. Even if a thousand people refuse to spend a pound on extra items, there will be at least one person spending a grand a month to counter it.
    It doesn't help that the sort of games that do this are psychological traps.

Extra Credits: The Skinner Box - YouTube

Also; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXA559KNopI
    Last edited by X-13; 16th December 2013 at 11:21 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread