+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, 360 consoles been banned! in Fun Stuff; Well as of 6am this morning xbox 360 consoles have been banned from xbox live. Alot of modded consoles have ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

360 consoles been banned!

Well as of 6am this morning xbox 360 consoles have been banned from xbox live.

Alot of modded consoles have been banned but various people have been banned even though they have an unmodded consoles or so they say they do.

If you get the 'Z Code' 8015-190D then you have been banned! your MAC address gets banned so theres no way round it all you can do is phone support if u have been banned for no reason (u have an unmodded console)

Support Numbers are:
    UK - 0800 587 1102
    USA - 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Its a shame some guys from places such as romania dnt have support over there so if they have been banned and they dnt have a modded console theres nothing they can do. they have to live with it which is very bad.

microsoft have made a mistake some where - fairplay banning people with modded consoles but people who aint well thats naughty!.

Anyone have any questions about this outbreak and want advise on what to do.. dnt hesistate to PM me on here i am open to all questions. I am part of the Xbox Live Support Team.. so will do what i can to help guys with problems

Regards
    James

I have also posted on Xbox.com i have added a report from Xbox-scene.com on there http://forums.xbox.com/16858694/ShowPost.aspx which explains situation in more deapth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: 360 consoles been banned!

It's unfortunate, but what do you really expect from a company like Microsoft?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

yup exactly people think they can do it and not get caught.. yh it may last but as soon as MS get word of what there doing they find ways round it and get it stopped lol so its there own faults really - as i stated in my post on xbox.com its not the actual firmware thats getting people banned its the games ther are using people who are copyingthe games aint ripping them from the original games properly so its not copying the securty sectors over so hence why there gettin caught lol..

as for people who are gettin banned aint aint gt a modded console they need to get down MS Neck and get it sorted lol.

Thank Post

If I bought a car, and they told me I couldn't add alloy wheels or a new stereo, I'd be annoyed.

If I add a chip (I haven't) to my xbox360 to play game from America before they are released here, they'd ban me!

Once I've bought an xbox... it should be mine to do with as I like. Adding a chip does not violate intellectual property.

I'm sick of companies, like Microsoft and Apple, telling us what we can and can't do with our owm property.

I did not pay hundreds of pounds to rent my console from Microsoft!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Well said Stewart..

It has been announced by Mojor nelson Now (after i sent him hundreds of emails) that it is microsofts fault why gamers have been banned who have not modded there consoles and they will be un-banned ASAP.

As for gamers who have modded consoles well unfortunatly they aint doing anything for you only thing you poss could do is

1. cover it in an electric blanket for 6 hours!
    2. put it in a microwave (gives it the ring of death)
    3. Just give it the ing of death

Sometimes the only way to get what's right is the use the system against the company.

Regards
    Tech

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

** Update **

If your console has been banned it now can be unbanned by Replace Keyvault... by swapping the keyvault in banned Xbox360 with the keyvault of another (not banned) Xbox 360.

However it's not something that everyone out there can do (yet) as you'll need your CPU key (via Hypervisor Exploit and if you got banned it means you're on the latest kernel so you'll need to perform the 'Timing Attack' to downgrade first). You'll also need all the tools to read/flash your Xbox 360 NAND (with the Infectus chip for example).

I Won't go in to detail as really this is not the Forum to do that on.. but just thought i would post it anyway so people are aware

Regards
    James

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

So basically, the dirty rotten pirates can get themselves unbanned while legitimate customers are screwed?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by StewartKnight
    If I bought a car, and they told me I couldn't add alloy wheels or a new stereo, I'd be annoyed.

If I add a chip (I haven't) to my xbox360 to play game from America before they are released here, they'd ban me!

Once I've bought an xbox... it should be mine to do with as I like. Adding a chip does not violate intellectual property.

I'm sick of companies, like Microsoft and Apple, telling us what we can and can't do with our owm property.

I love my modified XBOXs. They're awesome.

I just can't agree with you.

You've paid for a product but it isn't yours to do what you like to and expect to use a service that Microsoft provide. It would be like installing a new engine in your car and then expecting to compete in a race for only stock cars. It's a hard thing to compare to a car.

The changes you suggest are, sort of, equivalent to changing the LEDs or adding a screen.

As far as I understand the latest bans are designed to prevent people playing modified game DVDs online. True 1:1 copies are not detected.

If the XBOX has been modified using software and hardware built from the ground up (not changing Microsoft's developed code or using their SDK) and you are not using this to harm Microsoft or cheat online then I would agree - even though the console is sold at a loss - because this is not harming the companies which have developed the hardware or software.

If I played online with a console that contains different code then I would fully expect to be banned.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    So basically, the dirty rotten pirates can get themselves unbanned while legitimate customers are screwed?
    Basically yea.. which messed up; i know that MS are actually trying to get through the people who have been banned for no reason as a few of my mates who have been banned and have un-modded consoles.. have now been un-banned.. as MS admited it was there fault!

But there are still alot of people out there who have been banned for no reason and are continued to be banned..

Regards
    James

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by StewartKnight

It would be more like you buying a new mondeo, fitting a turbocharger kit and nitrous then expecting the spanner monkeys at your local Ford dealer to honnour the warranty when it poked a rod through the block. Xbox Live is an MS service (is it not?) and if they don't want to support modded consoles, that's their choice.

Thank Post

That's the analogy I should have arrived at...

XBOXs are better for XBMC than playing games anyway

XLink KAI if you must play online...

Thank Post

This sucks - why not just use a system like Sony's DNAS as opposed to branding their whole customer base as pirates :? I certainly don't envy the task of going through that process of getting your CPU number thingy.. WTF 8O

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,677 Times in 1,459 Posts
    Blog Entries

People who have genuine consoles and are getting banned, hmmmm sounds very similar to Windows Genuine Advantage

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
    This sucks - why not just use a system like Sony's DNAS as opposed to branding their whole customer base as pirates :? I certainly don't envy the task of going through that process of getting your CPU number thingy.. WTF 8O
    Because...
    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia.org
    To circumvent this, programs have been made available that patch the client portion of the game to report hardcoded values without attempting to access the protected area of the DVD. This makes it possible to play online with game backups and illegal copies.
    ...read: they haven't got round to banning unhacked consoles?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread