+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Assasins Creed in Fun Stuff; Who has played this?? All i can say is oh my god what an excellent game 8) I have been ...
    Thank Post

Assasins Creed

Who has played this?? All i can say is oh my god what an excellent game 8) I have been late for work twice this week as have up to the early hours playing it

Shame there is no live :cry:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Assasins Creed

Yh i have played it and this is what i think of it...

Assassin's Creed. Seems like they should have called it Repetition Creed. It's a fun game, and enjoyable, but at the same time it seems really sloppy when you do the exact same thing for every mission.

A) Arrive at city of choice.

B) Gain access by blending in with a conveniently placed group of scholars, who stand in one spot until a stranger decides to mingle with them. Despite the outstanding climbing system in the game, you can't breach a city by climbing over its walls, just through the door above the guards.

C) Once inside the city carry out the exact same tasks, in a quantity left to your choosing.

Sit on a bench and eavesdrop a conversation. Because these people always discuss their private business in crowded places, and right near benches.
    Pickpocket a guy who has a map, or who, for some reason, has decided to write down on a piece of paper all of the known weaknesses of your target.
    Find a fanboy of your target (the guys preaching to an audience about how great the guy is), then punch him three times until he tells you everything.
    Additionally you can find someone from your Assassin brotherhood who either fucked up and needs you to kill someone in exchange for information, or who fucked up and lost some flags which you need to collect for information. Also, he lost these flags while running all over the rooftops, and didn't bother to stop once he realized his backpack had a giant fucking hole in it or something. "Oops, lost another one. Damn, there goes another one. Sonuva... I've lost all my flags. I'll wait here and ask for someone to pick them up for me."

If you feel like a good Samaritan, you can save all of the citizens being harasses by guards, all of whom are apparently thieves, and are about to die for it, but never get killed no matter how long you sit there and watch them get beaten, or how many times the guards say they're going to kill them. Then once you save them they will either "Go home and hide" or "Tell their sons of your heroism". If they're a woman, they let you know "They were just about to be made off with". And I'm paraphrasing, but the dialogue is word-for-word the same every time.

Then you finally get to go after your target, which ends up being the only variable in each mission. Currently I'm not quite sure what I benefit from seeking out all investigations as opposed to just doing the minimum number and then killing my target. It doesn't seem like any of this information really changes the fact that I'm just going to walk up behind the guy and kill him in front of a hundred people anyway. And then have a ten-minute conversation with him as he lay dying, while his guards must be standing there waiting for us to stop chatting.

It just seems like there was so much more potential here that wasn't used. I mean, instead of five methods of collecting information (pickpocket, flag collecting, brute force, eavesdropping or murder) and using them for every single mission, they should have made, say, ten methods and then mixed them up for each mission.

Like what about breaking into someone's house to steal information? Or eavesdropping from directly overhead, atop a building. Or dangling someone off a rooftop until they gave you the information you wanted.

I hope that they maybe flesh it out a little bit in Assassin's Creed 2, because what else there is to the game is outstanding. And even all of this stuff is really great, you just have to do it over and over and over.

So there you have it
    Regards
    James

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

PC version is delayed until the new year. Perhaps they will address some of these issues for that release.

Thank Post

Agree with James, if they had held off and polished it a bit then it would have been a solid gold game. But it is still a good game, I think it was just soooo hyped if falls down more.

Having climbed a cathedral at one point and got the same feeling at the top as when I did in Crackdown on top of the Agency tower was great. The combat, when the controls work and when you get the hang of it, is great when fighting multiple enemies. The city being alive is nice, and running across the roof tops is a great feeling when it goes smoothly.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

yea PC out next year.. fingers crossed they will..

Like i say apart from those few things.. i was a good game and still worth buying

regards
    James

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I was hoping so much this would be like Thief. That was an awesome game.
    Now that had good missions, and a lot of creeping around and eavesdropping and stuff.
    I miss that game

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information