+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, XBox One Euro HDMI Problem in Fun Stuff; Another Xbox One problem coming to light for European users: XBOX ONE owners rage as HDMI SNAFU 'judders' Brit and ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 989 Posts
    Blog Entries

XBox One Euro HDMI Problem

Another Xbox One problem coming to light for European users: XBOX ONE owners rage as HDMI SNAFU 'judders' Brit and Euro tellies

Thank Post
    Not to mention disk drive problems too...

BBC News - Microsoft acknowledges Xbox problem with disc drive

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Apparently the disk drive issue only effects a small amount of people. The HDMI one seems to be more significant though.
    The PS4 is also having issues.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 799 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Not to mention disk drive problems too...

BBC News - Microsoft acknowledges Xbox problem with disc drive
    People with that issue are supposed to be getting free game codes plus priority stock which is not too bad.
    The HDMI problem could get fixed as well. @Dos_Box is probably just grumpy he is getting ripped off for buying second hand 360 games for a poor poor price.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    I'm surprised there are many HDMI equipped tellies around that can't handle a 60Hz signal to be honest...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 989 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hey! I am NOT paying 28 for Minecraft

Serious note though, it's good that they are addressing the problems as they arise. Back in previous generations of consoles the trick was to bury their heads in the sand and say 'nothign to see here'.
    Reading the article, it appears that the issue could be related to when teh Xbox is attached to other HDMI devices that may have fixed i.e. region locked refresh rates.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I'm surprised there are many HDMI equipped tellies around that can't handle a 60Hz signal to be honest...
    Same as well tbh, my 8 year old tv has 60hz (any my old CRT TV as well) but I suspect its the cheap crap that supermarkets sell without a real brand as they are almost always too good to be true.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Another Xbox One problem coming to light for European users: XBOX ONE owners rage as HDMI SNAFU 'judders' Brit and Euro tellies
    possible judder fix

Re: Aw: Re: 50 Hz support - 10 - Live TV on Xbox One - Xbox One Support - Xbox.com Forums - Xbox.com

I have a solution. My Xbox One is currently outputting 1080 50Hz

So 50Hz somehow is possible. It was 60Hz but I changed the settings to auto detect HDMI and then set the resolution to 1080p and then selected no when the option appeared for does this display correctly. It then defaulted to 50Hz. Im not sure if this means anything but it's a workaround for now. I tried watching TV after this and I didn't notice any stuttering. So give it a try

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    i suspect its more what the xbox does in pass through thats the issue as i also suspect that even though they are euro 50hz tellies id lay odds they are the same (baring psu's) as yank 60hz ones. But with it also not passing through 5.1 (which to mme is more important than improved hd visuals) im wondering if the whole pass through is a nice idea badly though out/executed

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    But with it also not passing through 5.1 (which to mme is more important than improved hd visuals) im wondering if the whole pass through is a nice idea badly though out/executed
    5.1 support is supposed to be in beta right now I heard.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    5.1 support is supposed to be in beta right now I heard.
    and the fact you cant grab files via upnp for a media centre centric device they do appear to of dropped the ball. Its all very well saying its "coming soon" but this all sounds like suf that should of been built in at day one (reminds me of a ondigital tv i had was always told digital text would come later and it never did)

Thank Post
    xbox store, content usage and multiplayer down for the last 16 hours.

Xbox Live Status - Xbox.com

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    and the fact you cant grab files via upnp for a media centre centric device they do appear to of dropped the ball. Its all very well saying its "coming soon" but this all sounds like suf that should of been built in at day one (reminds me of a ondigital tv i had was always told digital text would come later and it never did)
    You can push (and it works well) from android/osx/ios/windows with relative easy tbh. Yes pull would be nice but at least there is something there, having no upnp support at all would be worse. Updates dont bother me as long as they are fairly rapid and the Xbox One automatically updates (on by default) so you dont have to wait to play or do anything really. If you dont want to have to deal with updating devices/os's you best stick to the tv and even they need updates to fix/add features (LG....) so its pretty normal. Sony shipped the PS3 with a feature they boasted about (linux) then removed it later with a firmware update so I guess things could be a lot worse when they rip out working features.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    xbox store, content usage and multiplayer down for the last 16 hours.

Xbox Live Status - Xbox.com
    No... Call of Duty having issues and prepaid cards, not sure how you misread that. I was playing last night without issue up till midnight for a fact and everything downloaded fine and the status says Call of Duty (read the whole status) and I got connected a second ago browsing the store fine.
    It could be worse, it could have gone offline on launch for hours and hours....
    So Xbox Live Online, store cards are not working this second and Call of Duty players could be having join issues.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 26th November 2013 at 10:25 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    You can push (and it works well) from android/osx/ios/windows with relative easy tbh. Yes pull would be nice but at least there is something there, having no upnp support at all would be worse. Updates dont bother me as long as they are fairly rapid and the Xbox One automatically updates (on by default) so you dont have to wait to play or do anything really. If you dont want to have to deal with updating devices/os's you best stick to the tv and even they need updates to fix/add features (LG....) so its pretty normal. Sony shipped the PS3 with a feature they boasted about (linux) then removed it later with a firmware update so I guess things could be a lot worse when they rip out working features.
    all true but the more i read the less i want one as when i watch media i just scan through folders on my device as my "server" is in another room so pulls of naff all use. It just seems to of been rushed through when they should of had enough time to get relatively basic things working at launch

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast