+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, XBox One Euro HDMI Problem in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by ZeroHour No... Call of Duty having issues and prepaid cards. I was playing last night without issue ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    No... Call of Duty having issues and prepaid cards. I was playing last night without issue up till midnight for a fact and everything downloaded fine and the status says Call of Duty (read the whole status) and I got connected a second ago browsing the store fine.
    It could be worse, it could have gone offline on launch for hours and hours....
    So Xbox Live Online, store cards are not working this second and Call of Duty players could be having join issues.

How many times has PSN been down since launch of PS4 excluding the launch failure.
    I link you to the xbox live support area which directly mentions the store and multiplayer issues (ignoring MS DNS going down on launch night) and all you do is talk about Sony, you're obsessed.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 26th November 2013 at 10:28 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 805 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    all true but the more i read the less i want one as when i watch media i just scan through folders on my device as my "server" is in another room so pulls of naff all use. It just seems to of been rushed through when they should of had enough time to get relatively basic things working at launch
    I guess just buy a Roku or something as its cheaper anyway esp since the PS4 has no DNLA support.
    I just hope they are bringing library browsing asap.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 26th November 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Thank Post
    I guess just buy a Roku or something as its cheaper anyway esp since the PS4 has no DNLA support.
    I just hope they are library browsing in asap.
    just use my digibox atm it jsut cant do mkv which means the pants cpu in my microserver gets hammered with converting every new file to mp4.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    I link you to the xbox live support area which directly mentions the store and multiplayer issues and all you do is talk about Sony, you're obsessed.
    No you flame bait by posting xbox live offline when it was clear that it was not ALL offline, just a game and store cards, you're the one who came to the HDMI thread to post a xbox live status update which has nothing to do with xbox live. I just knew where you were going so I mentioned PSN being offline as its as relevant to HDMI as xbox live being offline.
    DNS issues lasted 30-45 mins and didnt affect all if you already had cached the records unlike the hours of offline for PSN so no not the same.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 26th November 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Can't we all just agree that both XBO and PS4 are having teething problems (as anyone who has ever worked with any new technology should expect) and move on? The bugs will all be ironed out eventually and nobody is going to lose their job over their choice of console.

I know I know, dream world

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Can't we all just agree that both XBO and PS4 are having teething problems (as anyone who has ever worked with any new technology should expect) and move on? The bugs will all be ironed out eventually and nobody is going to lose their job over their choice of console.

I know I know, dream world
    Bugs, yeah I can understand. But I really can't see why there's a narrow area where shipping unfinished products has become the norm. There's very few industries where you can sell a product with promises of adding features that should have been there at launch. "This a lovely car sir, wing mirrors? Oh we haven't quite got round to them but rest assured we will send them to you as soon as they are ready."

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Bugs, yeah I can understand. But I really can't see why there's a narrow area where shipping unfinished products has become the norm. There's very few industries where you can sell a product with promises of adding features that should have been there at launch. "This a lovely car sir, wing mirrors? Oh we haven't quite got round to them but rest assured we will send them to you as soon as they are ready."
    TBF, Microsoft had to strip out all the DRM they based the console on. They weren't planning to do that, so it's probably dropped things down their on their list of things they have to implement.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Hardware wise yes but I dont mind software updates as things develop. Let us all not forget how bad android and ios were back in the day but gradually software features came out and they got there in the end but unlike your mobile MS/Sony give you years and years of update for original hardware.

Thank Post
    No you flame bait by posting xbox live offline when it was clear that it was not ALL offline, just a game and store cards, you're the one who came to the HDMI thread to post a xbox live status update which has nothing to do with xbox live.
    Is the 2nd and 3rd post about disk problems OK? Or your reply on the 4th post which opened with a reply about free games for disk issues?

I've posted something from the official xbox live support forums about xbox live services. Should I make a new thread instead?

All systems have issues, especially new ones but it would be weird to post an issues about Windows with people saying "Linux has issues too, Windows will be fixed soon anyway". Can't we simple talk about the issues in hand on that basis without dragging some competition into it? It's like talking to a politician, bringing up the opposition and sidetracking the actual discussion.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 26th November 2013 at 10:54 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    TBF, Microsoft had to strip out all the DRM they based the console on. They weren't planning to do that, so it's probably dropped things down their on their list of things they have to implement.
    Seriously? you seriously think there was some huge DRM in it that required mass amount to remove or did they just not use disc codes to unlock the game.... Cinevision probably required more work to implement then the licening system MS made for 360 (buying games online with proper drm controls like STEAM) to the One.
    I had imagined discs just coming with QR codes that unlock the game permanently for your account meaning no more disc needed. The trading system they were making will have been pulled to the loss of us all.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Also, nobody has to buy either console - it's your choice to buy it and by doing so IMO, you accept that you get what's in the box. Anything added later is a bonus, up to you whether you trust them to add features or not. Not happy with features missing? Don't buy the console until it has those features. Simple

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Also, nobody has to buy either console - it's your choice to buy it and by doing so IMO, you accept that you get what's in the box. Anything added later is a bonus, up to you whether you trust them to add features or not. Not happy with features missing? Don't buy the console until it has those features. Simple
    PC. That is all.

Or wait for the SteamBox. I can't see Steam releasing their product until it's perfect and fully functional (plus had loads of QC testing!). Bit like Rocket taking a lifetime creating DayZ stand alone. It's "ready when it's ready", not "ready for the Christmas market, but still a bit buggy".

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Is the 2nd and 3rd post about disk problems OK? Or your reply on the 4th post which opened with a reply about free games for disk issues?

I've posted something from the official xbox live support forums about xbox live services. Should I make a new thread instead?

All systems have issues, especially new ones but it would be weird to post an issues about Windows with people saying "Linux has issues too, Windows will be fixed soon anyway". Can't we simple talk about the issues in hand without dragging some competition into it?
    Certainly more relevant than your post as at least they were about hardware and I was answering others. No one asked if xbox live was offline? did anyone mention xbox live?
    You didnt read the announcement, you just posted as an attempt at flame bait like a troll. If you posted a statement that was accurate saying CoD players are having issues and prepaid codes at least it would have been OT but accurate.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My original xbox had an update in 2012 (last time I used it, though to be fair, I hadn't switched it on in probably 3 years prior)...but that's 11 years after it was released, and their servers still recognised it needed an update.

As for the console missing features, PS4 was promised with various features, yet to surface on those released (can't read backup disks, or mp3 disks, or most media disks). BOTH were promised with things which didn't show up on the release. So on the face of it, both have hardware issues, both have software issues. Its a matter of preference. Fanboyism annoys me, and I admit I have been guilty in the past, but I am giving both a fair crack. Will be play testing both at toys'r'us to see which I prefer.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    MS/Sony give you years and years of update for original hardware.
    I wish they had left Xbox alone... The blade interface was fine, NXE was good [That's the one I started with], the Win8 inspired one is full of ads.

Seriously? you seriously think there was some huge DRM in it that required mass amount to remove or did they just not use disc codes to unlock the game.... Cinevision probably required more work to implement then the licening system MS made for 360 (buying games online with proper drm controls like STEAM) to the One.
    Being hard coded to require an internet connection every 24 hours and [all but] bricking disks* isn't something they can just remove quickly.

*"bricking" used as there was talk of resales being blocked.

I had imagined discs just coming with QR codes that unlock the game permanently for your account meaning no more disc needed. The trading system they were making will have been pulled to the loss of us all.
    They pulled the trading system because it needed the DRM. [apparently]

I, and many others, don't appreciate companies telling being told how we can sell our belongings and who we can sell them to.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast