+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Gaming Thread, INGRESS in Fun Stuff; Two hours? Is that it? We took a 4-hour detour on the way back from Glasgow just to take out ...

Thank Post
    Two hours? Is that it?

We took a 4-hour detour on the way back from Glasgow just to take out a link that bisected the UK. Didn't help that we'd all been a little hearty at the hotel bar last night, and everyone was feeling a bit queasy in the morning (even the little one, who obviously hadn't had any alcohol, so we blame the hotel sausages)

Keeled over at the side of the road, riding the chunder dragon.. Rob goes "Oh, hang on a minute!", walks ~20m up the road and submits a new portal. Priorities

Thank Post
    Well no, it 'should' have been a 2 hour drive, but I left at 6 and got to my destination portal at 10. I got a little distracted on the way.

How you guys coping with the 3rd a day decay rate up there?

Thank Post
    Making no difference here. Decay rates are supposed to be for getting newbies levelled up pretty quickly, but when the local smurfs see us throwing fields around and always come and smash it anyway, so it makes no difference.
    Managed to ninja some unique captures from it though, portals I'm usually too late to bring back up. So that's nice.

Thank Post
    So, I'm thinking of downloading ingress but I'm not sure if it is for me, any ideas?

Thank Post
    Did you sign up here just to ask about Ingress? O.o There'd be much better places to go than a tech forum that just happens to have a thread on it. I'd personally direct you to Ingress to learn more.

As for advice, get it. It's free. If you don't like it, uninstall it.

Thank Post
    Haha, my local smurfs just helped me win a medal So there are these events in Ingress called anomalies where 100s of agents from both factions battle it out over a small geographical area. I was quite tempted to go along - well just because I liked the medal you got for it really - but I couldn't get the time off. However some sneaky little smurfs were planning on ruining the day by erecting a mega-field right over the whole event in London, but there was one fatal flaw to their Plan A the field was supposed to run through my territory. As my anchor portals started falling at 5pm to different smurfs I realised that something 'big' was going on, so I took a 3 hour drive home in the wrong direction and laid loads of blockers and totally thwarted their futile attempt. Muhahaha! And at the end of the day I got a Helios medal for my efforts. Huzzah! LOL X-D

Thank Post
    I already have the Helios medal as I attended Helios Manchester. I also have Interitus, but not Recursion

Yeah, we're generally nice about shipping medals to agents that help but don't actually attend the anomaly site. I attended 2 Helios events and gave my second medal to my intel guy. Way I see it, operators are just as important as the people in the field. Good intel wins battles.

Thank Post
    Yep, definitely! I was also instrumental in taking down/blocking the mega-field that was put up over the Interitus anomaly event in London. I had been battling several different smurfs throughout the day around Stonehenge and didn't even realise what was going on until they finally managed to get the field up. But my main man (scunc) went to take it down from its SW anchor and I laid blockers to stop it going back up. He managed to get a medal for that event but I didn't - not that I minded much, I was just glad that he got one because he was new to the game.

I think I must have beaten all the local smurfs as they seem to have given up bothering now, either that or they are sulking. They must realise that Resistance is futile. lol

Thank Post
    And portal decay rates return to normal, thank goodyness for that!

Thank Post
    Really? Phew!

Somehow I'm at 44 days now and I don't even know which portal it is D: It's one of two, but I can't say which.

Thank Post
    One of our local lads has just got his 150 day guardian, I'm not really that fussed about it tbh. I've already got an onix badge for recharging (almost twice over) thanks to the increased decay rates. lol

You still thinking of doing your Op bruv? Have you seen that they are planning to cover the entire UK in the Union Flag for Remembrance Day... it's quite an undertaking that's sure gonna take some coordination - across factions. Ooher!
    Last edited by AlfaTech; 2nd October 2014 at 12:45 PM.

Thank Post
    imber BAF 2.1.png
    This is how we roll!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789