+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Gaming Thread, INGRESS in Fun Stuff; Buddies in my hangouts have said no, but I don't have an iOS device so I can't check first-hand. Could ...

Thank Post
    Buddies in my hangouts have said no, but I don't have an iOS device so I can't check first-hand.
    Could you please do a bit of a test for us, @SiliconAlley_Sam? On the 'roaming' screen (i.e. the one with the map, not your inventory) long-press on a blank area and options should come up (such as FIRE XMP).. Is "NEW PORTAL" there?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Buddies in my hangouts have said no, but I don't have an iOS device so I can't check first-hand.
    Could you please do a bit of a test for us, @SiliconAlley_Sam? On the 'roaming' screen (i.e. the one with the map, not your inventory) long-press on a blank area and options should come up (such as FIRE XMP).. Is "NEW PORTAL" there?
    Just Navigate and Fire XMP.

I now have a full green bar having collected lots of blue dots on my stroll for lunch.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    Just Navigate and Fire XMP.

I now have a full green bar having collected lots of blue dots on my stroll for lunch.
    Looks like you can't submit portals then
    Those blue dots (white dots for us, I guess maybe it's to do with the screen) are XM (Exotic Matter). XM is basically your power source for anything. You need XM to:

Fire XMP weaponry
    Use 'flip cards' (JARVIS Virus and ADA Refractor)
    Place Resonators
    Place Portal Mods
    Hack Portals*

I believe you don't need XM to link portals. XM can be gained from collecting stray XM which flits about randomly, and also is 'spewed out' from portals every (I think) 20 minutes. You can also recycle items in your inventory, and use Power Cubes. Power Cubes are basically single-use 'XM Batteries' (You get much more XM from using a power cube, but you can recycle them if you just want to get rid)

* If you hack a friendly portal, it still costs XM, but doesn't give you AP (Access Points, basically Ingress' version of EXP) and doesn't attack back. Hacking an enemy portal will grant you 100 AP, but the portal will attack you if you're close enough (a portals counter-attack range and damage increases with its level), on top of the XM cost to hack a portal. A portal will also attack you if you use an XMP to damage its resonators. Your XMP's will never damage resonators aligned with your faction.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 14th July 2014 at 03:31 PM.

Thank Post
    I'm hoping all of this will start to make more sense once I'm doing it!

Thank Post
    It sounds like a lot, but if you have any questions, just ask here and I'll do my best to answer (and I'm sure @AlfaTech will, too)
    Failing that (or if you just want to spread your questions around to look less newby ) you can ask people on the scanner or hangouts for advice. In my experience, people are more than happy to take people under their wing (a few of us Greens have even shown Smurfs the ropes and given them advice and encouragement) so you'll be set in no time. Just devote a couple of hours to it across the week and you'll pick up everything easy

Thank Post
    Thanks guys

Thank Post
    No problem.

Thank Post
    Been a bit underwhelmed so far but I think it's probably because all I can do within walking distance is hack friendly portals and I'm too busy to jump in a car to do anything more meaningful. Still really like the concept though.

Thank Post
    The servers seem pretty busy with the new intake, been experiencing problems especially at peak-times with ghost links/field remaining after portals have been destoryed and not being able to link across them (it takes about 5-10min for them to clear at times). Unfortunately and rather typically the area is now swarming with loads of new smurflets, hardly any new ENL around here, if any at all. We have a smurfestation, we're absolutely overun with 'em!

Thank Post
    Wish I had some enemy action, everything here is already green for miles around!

Thank Post
    Yeah everything around here is green for miles too thankfully the smurfs give me something to do from time to time. Just gonna head out and make a 14,000 mind unit (mu) field just for fun.

Thank Post
    You gotta make action. If they won't come to you, take the fight to them. We did last night Went and downed their L8 farms and brought them back up in the name of the Enlightned! 17 of us in total showed up, which was a decent outcome when you consider a lot of people are already prepped for Dublin and won't need to farm or won't want to spend money.

Sam, have you gotten 'in' with the local crowd yet? You'll find things to do if you can make the time and the friends.#

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaTech View Post
    Yeah everything around here is green for miles too thankfully the smurfs give me something to do from time to time. Just gonna head out and make a 14,000 mind unit (mu) field just for fun.
    Gief. Nao.
    My biggest field is only 1.8k 3.8k
    Last edited by Garacesh; 25th July 2014 at 05:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Gief. Nao.
    My biggest field is only 1.8k 3.8k
    Well I'm pretty rural down here so I fill the gaps in between the urban areas My largest field was 38,589 mu, and I'm currently holding up 59,360 mu with all my fields combined - I seem to be the only ENL adding to the score in our cell. lol You're right tho @Garacesh maybe I need to go back out there and wreck some smurf fields again.

Thank Post
    Yeah I think that's my main issue to be honest. I just don't have the time to make stuff happen. My last free weekend was in mid June and I don't have another one now until September so unless it's somewhere I can walk to on my lunch break or after work there isn't really anything I can do!

Thank Post
    My mate is in Jersey at the moment and he's just made a lovely field across the channel using two of my anchor portals down in Dorset I did have to take a 2+ hour drive to rebuild one of them on Saturday, but it's all gud. I also made a set of fields this morning totalling about 55,000 mu Game on!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast