+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, INGRESS in Fun Stuff; It transpires that the Resistance are now backing an even bigger threat to humanity - A.I. which want's to take ...
    Thank Post
    It transpires that the Resistance are now backing an even bigger threat to humanity - A.I. which want's to take over the world and doesn't need/want humans!!! The Shapers seem to only want to help and aid humanity in progress and enlightenment (and yes probably towards their own ends, but hey they've guided civilizations for millennia anyway). Unfortunately the majority of folk seem to default to Resistance faction - which there are too many by far to make this game balanced. C'mon guys 'n gals don't give into the fear join Enlightened the future of humanity depends on you and stopping this upcoming human made A.I. apocalypse of the Resistances. Be Enlightened the Truth is out there! Theres never been a better time to switch factions.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 984 Posts
    I don't have a droid so yeah Unless it has been released on iOS already ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Unfortunately not, but there is word they're 'working on it'. Several UI changes (such as making buttons a little smaller) appear to be pointing towards an iOS edition.
    I suspect we'll see something official for iOS at the end of the current Interitus story arc (as well as some more information about __LOKI__ and the potential 3rd faction)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Yeah I'm waiting for the iOS release as well. I signed up on an old droid tablet and then found out it didn't have GPS so I was stuffed Supposedly coming Spring, so any day now.

Thank Post
    I stopped playing this game because I was the only Enlightened player in my area and I got bored never being able to do anything. We seemed to have a bunch of active Resistance players and so anything I would take would be recaptured within minutes. Eventually I ran out of stuff to reclaim portals and so stopped caring about the game altogether. I know you can still hack enemy portals but they never dropped enough stuff to actually be worth farming.

Have they fixed that yet? Or is the actual core gameplay pretty much the same as it ever was? Also is there anything to do above level 8 apart from ruin the game for literally everyone else, whether they are on your side or not?

Thank Post
    Unfortunately things do still suffer from the one-sided-spiral BUT communities have gotten a lot better and a lot more active.

About 10 of us took a day trip to Liverpool the other week as they'd been getting a lot of Resistance pressure and captured everything. Get talking to people in open comms, get into their G+ groups, then see if you can plan an OP with them where they liberate your area.

You'll find after doing it once-or-twice things start to even out. Also, recruit people :P

Edit: The Resistance have more players here than we do, but we still manage to hold a local town at Level 7 consistently, and a farm at Level 8. If they trash it, it's back up within 24 hours. A coordinated effort is all you need to start turning the tide.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 15th May 2014 at 06:53 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab View Post
    I know you can still hack enemy portals but they never dropped enough stuff to actually be worth farming.
    They have now added the Glyph Game, which gives you bonus kit especially helpful when dirty-hacking. They've also released capsules to help transfer kit between agents and you no longer have to drop your keys on the ground to hack other ones. Although they've seriously upped the mitigation of shields they have also released Ultra Strikes to the rest of us (without Motorola phones).

It is true that his game is heavily weighted to the default side - the smurfs, but that's not always the case in some areas. I'm still pretty much outnumbered, but I now have an ally in my area and we are able to totally dominate both our local town and pretty much all of the county (with a bit of coordination and strategic driving here and there). Last week my town suffered 3 total destructions in 2 days and I was out there battling them on the streets, but everything was back up within an hour of them leaving. I did quit the game for a while and have started again but since I've been away places that were pretty much permanently blue (such as Swindon & Wiltshire, Exeter...) are now very green, so it's totally flipped around.

There is now more to do after L8 as they have now added up to 16 levels so the level grind is back. (Since February I'm L9 going on L10 already - thanks to the smurfs repeatedly smashing up my town). Beyond that I get involved in big ops. I was involved in the Interitus event but wasn't in London, between me and my ally we smashed and blocked an 8 million mega-field blanketing London from Wiltshire on the day of the event - he even got a medal for it and he wasn't even in London. lol
    Last edited by AlfaTech; 19th May 2014 at 09:44 AM.

Thank Post
    With the introduction of new levels, a lot of us find we're having to travel to different places to increase our unique portal visits, since you need medals to level up beyond L8. So we found a place all 4 of us had never been to and went there. It was a Saturday, nobody had anything planned, and the weather was nice.

Then I had a smurf cry at me because I JARVIS'd his 344-day-old portal. Well, what was I supposed to do? Just leave it? I'm Enlightened. The portal was aligned to the Resistance. Ergo, I don't let it stay that way.

@AlfaTech, if you helped out taking that field down you should have gotten on to people like me that went to both events - we got Interitus codes for both, but they're only really 'useful' once so a lot of us (myself included) pitched our codes to our operators. If you helped, I'm sure someone would have thrown a code your way!

The Glyph game is extremely useful for farming, especially if you're dirty-farming (as the portal doesn't attack any harder for long-hacks, you get more items if you spend more time) and it also discourages driving and playing (although people in cars can short-hack more portals in the same period of time, so I guess it balances out?). Shields have been buffed twice, yes, but Ultra Strikes are amazing at taking them down - I do find I suffer the 'Virii Dilemma' with Ultra Strikes, too, though haha.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 19th May 2014 at 09:51 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    @AlfaTech, if you helped out taking that field down you should have gotten on to people like me that went to both events - we got Interitus codes for both, but they're only really 'useful' once so a lot of us (myself included) pitched our codes to our operators. If you helped, I'm sure someone would have thrown a code your way!
    I was told that I was going to get one and that we were famous, but I didn't get one in the end - I'm just glad my m8 got a badge, he was the one who took down the field, then I blocked it from Stonehenge. But if it wasn't for me battling those two smurfs who kept taking my fields down that mega-field would've gone up a lot sooner (like 2 hours sooner!). So I guess I'm the unsung hero, although I was thanked on comm by several people. Shame I didn't get the badge tho, but it doesn't really matter to me anyway.

Hey if you want to add me I'm +Maester E on G+

Thank Post
    Ah, I did wonder why it took so long for them to get it up.. Usually they have something up by the start of the 2nd measurement. It was you, was it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Ah, I did wonder why it took so long for them to get it up.. Usually they have something up by the start of the 2nd measurement. It was you, was it?
    Yup. I set myself a little project to make this on the day of the Event - Operation Flint Arrowhead.

Ingress-OperationArrowhead-intel.jpg

Thank Post
    I was involved in Kinder Surprise (you may have heard of it) and did a teency bit of intel for Four Corners (but nothing really noteworthy if I'm honest).
    I've yet to devise my own op. I have a few ideas in mind..

Ha. Level 8 :P
    You gone beyond yet?

Thank Post
    Yep, that was when I was L8... I'm now 600k off L10 (I have all the badges already) just need the smurfs to come and smash up my home town a couple more times. lol.

Thank Post
    Bah. L9 here. 1.2 mil and a silver off L10, but only been playing since January, so I think that's good? I hope that's good

Not playing so much right now with the house move, just casual hacking and joining the guys on a weekend if there's much going on.

Thank Post
    Yeah that is good! I only restarted since February but my local (and regional) smurfs absolutely hate me so they help me to level up even quicker by smashing up my home town. lolz. I like smurfs, they make me laugh (and these ones seem to take this game way too seriously) I'm just having fun!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast