+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, Xbox 360 profiles question(s) in Fun Stuff; Also if their playing Minecraft and want to play the multiplayer they are going to need a Gold account. So ...

Thank Post
    Also if their playing Minecraft and want to play the multiplayer they are going to need a Gold account. So if you create accounts for the 7 and 9 year olds they would need Gold on each. I think it would be better to have just one account in your name as they can still have their very own world in Minecraft each so they won't need to share worlds and they can also use their own unique world in multiplayer if wanted. I know you said they won't be going online but as it stands Minecraft multiplayer it quite harmless providing they "only" allow their friends to play and no one else which is easy to setup.
    Last edited by PeggleStar; 25th October 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    I've got an Xbox 360 for the kids for Christmas and have a few questions about profiles and downloaded games.

1. If, for example, I have 3 profiles (mine + 2 children) and I purchase and download a game, will that game become available for all users on the system?

2. Can I make my profile an admin type account and apply/control the parental controls on the other accounts?

3. I have a 120GB HD for it. Will this be enough or will it fill up quickly baring in mind they will mostly be playing children's games?

4. Are there any other gotchas I should be aware of when letting kids on the Xbox 360?

And I think that's about it. For now
    1. No. 1 account per game.
    2. Yes.
    3. No. That'll fill up quite easily imho. However, it's your call should you wish to test it.
    4. Yep, as stated before, parties. Also... there can be some... 'filth' if they accidentally scroll left or right instead of playing the game straight away (ie movie adverts and such).

If they're not going online, then silver should be enough (i think with silver you can download patches?)

One last thing. Geometry wars. Get it for them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thnaks everyone so far, but can you all agree on downloaded games vs accounts issue as it seems to be 50/50 about what I can and can't do.

Thank Post
    Content licenses are stored/linked by console, not account. If you've downloaded, say, Halo 3 on your console - all of the gamertags/'profiles' stored on that console will be able to play it.

If you then have a new console, you will need to transfer your content licenses (instructions in link below,) to that console - otherwise it'll only be the account that bought/activated the download of the game that can play it.

Source: Digital Rights Management | Xbox Licence Transfer | Xbox DRM - Xbox.com

-------------

As the others have already stated, the main thing to watch out for when letting your children within the 'online realm' of Xbox 360 is the communication features (Voice Chat, Messaging etc.) A solution for that is to disable/block them: Xbox Home > Settings > Privacy > Change Settings > Customize. You then have the world at your fingertips, and can set various features to Everyone, Friends Only or Block. Alternatively Xbox have been helpful to provide presets (Adult, Teen, Child) and lists all the Allowed/Not Allowed to the right for you within each one - I think you have to select them first to see the changes listed.

Hope that makes sense and clears up any concerns or questions for you @Dos_Box and more to the point I hope your children have fun playing on it, a lovely present for them!
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 27th October 2013 at 01:58 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12